Sign in to follow this  
-martin-

Taviana Island for ArmA 2!

im still getting 1-4 fps at the prison and i get a constant 50-60 fps everywhere else. it seems to be the center of the prison thats causing fps drops

Found a new bug,invisible wall at tunnel entrance in Sabina,between 12504 Id and 40752 Id.

Also a suggestion,I was looking at the different military bases around Taviana and most of them are seriously lacking in barracks department.Is there any chance instead of the closed small warehouse that looks like a barrack building to be replaced with the open barrack buildings(the ones with interior)?

Another thing,the bridge separating the two islands is kinda big in height and easily dwarfs the second smaller island.Just my opinion on this.:)

EDIT:

-More bugs at the tunnel entrance I posted earlier,no collision for left and right side of tunnel.

-Area in front of Government building entrance is very glitchy ID54846 and ID56429,I tried to put some troops to defend it but they can't patrol that area and the other soldiers near the main entrance never spawn there,but a little far from there.Also put a UAZ there and it didn't showed up.I assume it spawned in the ground.

Edited by Krycek

Did put a video here but not good enough for this great island having viewed it again, will do another maybe (terrible at sightseeing vids).

Still, thanks Martin for all your hard work.. Its a great island..

Edited by ChrisB

Thank you for your congratulations guys! :)

I’ve been a bit busy and didn’t have time to reply to this thread yet so I will reply in one massive post.

First of all, thank you for your bug reports, please keep posting them - I add them to my bug list and they will be fixed in the upcoming 1.1 version which should be released sometime in the spring because I am quite busy with other things now. :(

One last thing that seemed a little quirky. One of the ships moored at grid ref 150070 has a kangaroo painted on the side indicating it's a Royal Australian Navy vessel. It seemed a tad out of place for the setting.

It’s a mystery ship!

Congrats on the release!

Updated on SIX Updater Network http://play.withsix.com/mods/312-taviana

BTW the included BIsigns all are v1 signatures instead of v2 (http://sickboy-six.blogspot.nl/2011/11/v2-signatures-bisign-and-bikey-what-is.html)

Also the usec_rig doesnt have a BISign at all.

Also all BIkeys are missing.

As service to our users and mod authors, we always make sure we have working v2 signatures,

as such the addons on our network are signed with six_taviana and six_taviana_objects bikeys respectively.

Damn, thank you for signing it. I will fix this in the next version.

First being that it would give a lot more options to have rooftop entrances for some of the buildings (like the school or dept. store).

Good idea, I will see if I have time to add this.

fantastic map looks like my home east berlin just great

One last thing that seemed a little quirky. One of the ships moored at grid ref 150070 has a kangaroo painted on the side indicating it's a Royal Australian Navy vessel. It seemed a tad out of place for the setting.

Shh, don't let them know we're spying on them...

Hi Martin,

if you are making another version of the island, could you please move the firestation at the western airport a bit more so that a taxiing IL76 doesnt get stuck? Would be awesome if you could do that. It will also improve other airplanes taxiing path around the airport :)

Have a good one,

derdoe

Hi Martin,

if you are making another version of the island, could you please move the firestation at the western airport a bit more so that a taxiing IL76 doesnt get stuck? Would be awesome if you could do that. It will also improve other airplanes taxiing path around the airport :)

Have a good one,

derdoe

Of course, no problem - added to my to-do list.

Hello Martin

had following error message popping up.

missing texture taviana\train\tex\chs4_misk.co.paa

Furthermore I was curious how the AI would handle the roads So I set an Humvee with an AI driver and let him navigate from one end of Taviana to the other. Entrance and exits on the highway put the AI in serious trouble the AI damaged the Humvee and at a certain point he couldn't proceed anymore rather than on foot because the Humvee was crashed. So I repeated the whole thing with an APC and we were able to arrive at destination. AI likes to drive English. The damaging was mostly due to the bad driving skills of the AI. They couldn't decide if it's better driving left or right so they were crashing and damaging the vehicle. Once they got on the highway they drove left all the time. LOL. I mean this issue has already been reported in your thread and it's not really a biggie. Once the AI got on the road there were no particular problems and their navigation skills inside the towns astonished myself a bit because they did a good job.

I'm still exploring Taviana, it's so beautiful.

Thanks for this jewel to you and all the guys who cooperated.:D

Hi Martin

Congratulations to you and all your colleagues on this release. A remarkable display of the creativity, teamwork and dedication that makes Arma unique.

Kudos to everyone involved in this work of art, and thank you all so much for sharing what is clearly a labour of love :pc:

The map is truly beautiful Martin, fantastic work! The only criticism I have is that it can get pretty dark at night, especially in the cities, would it be possible to actually add light to the street lights?

The map is truly beautiful Martin, fantastic work! The only criticism I have is that it can get pretty dark at night, especially in the cities, would it be possible to actually add light to the street lights?

Hmm I don't know, perhaps a config tweak could solve that. I want to avoid placing too many lamps because the map is a big performance drain as it is :biggrin:

Hmm I don't know, perhaps a config tweak could solve that. I want to avoid placing too many lamps because the map is a big performance drain as it is :biggrin:

Could be done via a script. Would probably be easier on performance and stuff. Just take every lamp object in a radius of 2000 meters around the player and place a lightsource. In that case there will be no unnecessary lights that could affect performance.

Martin,

Great map, converted MSO to it and its fantastic! One thing i notice is the AI driven Planes will not Taxi properly at any Airport, in fact they all seem to have the same error in taxiing. Not sure if you were aware of it our not.

Thanks

Vengeance

Hi all, I'm new to the forums but have been playing ArmA for a few years now!

Have found rather a major bug in this: whenever I exit the map, I get a warning message saying 'You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependable on downloadable content that has been deleted.owp_zil'...but I don't know what this downloadable content is and have ALWAYS had this pop-up, even when I first downloaded the map. Still, it didn't cause me any problems at first, but recently I'd finished making a mission for it, and been able to access it several times to edit it...but now it suddenly won't let me load my mission in the editor, and gives a slightly different message: 'You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependable on downloadable content that has been deleted.opxmisc'!!!

Should I have downloaded this map with another addon or something? Could someone please suggest what I've done wrong and/or tell me how to fix it?

Thanks

Have found rather a major bug in this: whenever I exit the map, I get a warning message saying 'You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependable on downloadable content that has been deleted.owp_zil'...b

I get that too.

Now I’m not sure about this, but it could be that 'usec_rig_a' that taviana uses, needs 'opxmisc', would have to be confirmed by the mod maker. Although it may have been used in an earlier version of tav which you may have had, i.e. conflicting if old version not removed completely.

If you have opx_misc in another mod just copy the pbo over into Tav to see..

Could all be nothing to do with it, but you never know..;)

Hi all, I'm new to the forums but have been playing ArmA for a few years now!

Have found rather a major bug in this: whenever I exit the map, I get a warning message saying 'You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependable on downloadable content that has been deleted.owp_zil'...but I don't know what this downloadable content is and have ALWAYS had this pop-up, even when I first downloaded the map. Still, it didn't cause me any problems at first, but recently I'd finished making a mission for it, and been able to access it several times to edit it...but now it suddenly won't let me load my mission in the editor, and gives a slightly different message: 'You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependable on downloadable content that has been deleted.opxmisc'!!!

Should I have downloaded this map with another addon or something? Could someone please suggest what I've done wrong and/or tell me how to fix it?

Thanks

I have just the same problem but in SP campaigns and missions. Don't know what's the source of such errors.

Thans ChrisB, very helpful :) yeah, I think that 'opx_misc' objects come from Isla Duala, cos I had that on my hard drive when I installed Tav, but then deleted to save space and after that i started having problems with Tav...so shall reinstall and copy the opx pbo file

Thanks Martin for this great addon ;) ... but can you fix this errors messages in .rpt file

Conflicting addon CABuildings in 'ca\buildings\', previous definition in 'tavi\tavi\ca\buildings\'

Conflicting addon A_Crane_02 in 'ca\buildings2\a_crane_02\', previous definition in 'tavi\tavi\ca\buildings2\a_crane_02\'

Conflicting addon CAHouseBlock_D in 'ca\buildings2\houseblocks\houseblock_d\', previous definition in 'tavi\tavi\ca\buildings2\houseblocks\houseblock_d\'

Conflicting addon Misc_PowerStation in 'ca\buildings2\misc_powerstation\', previous definition in 'tavi\tavi\ca\buildings2\misc_powerstation\'

Conflicting addon Ind_Shed_02 in 'ca\buildings2\ind_shed_02\', previous definition in 'tavi\tavi\ca\buildings2\ind_shed_02\'

Conflicting addon Church_01 in 'ca\buildings2\church_01\', previous definition in 'tavi\tavi\ca\buildings2\church_01\'

Conflicting addon Ind_Tank in 'ca\buildings2\ind_tank\', previous definition in 'tavi\tavi\ca\buildings2\ind_tank\'

Conflicting addon Shed_small in 'ca\buildings2\shed_small\', previous definition in 'tavi\tavi\ca\buildings2\shed_small\'

Conflicting addon A_statue in 'ca\buildings2\a_statue\', previous definition in 'tavi\tavi\ca\buildings2\a_statue\'

Conflicting addon Rail_House_01 in 'ca\buildings2\rail_house_01\', previous definition in 'tavi\tavi\ca\buildings2\rail_house_01\'

Conflicting addon CAHouseBlock_C in 'ca\buildings2\houseblocks\houseblock_c\', previous definition in 'tavi\tavi\ca\buildings2\houseblocks\houseblock_c\'

Conflicting addon Ind_Garage01 in 'ca\buildings2\ind_garage01\', previous definition in 'tavi\tavi\ca\buildings2\ind_garage01\'

Conflicting addon Barn_Metal in 'ca\buildings2\barn_metal\', previous definition in 'tavi\tavi\ca\buildings2\barn_metal\'

Conflicting addon CAHouseBlock_B in 'ca\buildings2\houseblocks\houseblock_b\', previous definition in 'tavi\tavi\ca\buildings2\houseblocks\houseblock_b\'

Conflicting addon HouseRuins in 'ca\buildings2\houseruins\', previous definition in 'tavi\tavi\ca\buildings2\houseruins\'

Conflicting addon CABuildingParts_Signs in 'ca\buildings2\buildingparts\signs\', previous definition in 'tavi\tavi\ca\buildings2\buildingparts\signs\'

Conflicting addon Ind_Shed_01 in 'ca\buildings2\ind_shed_01\', previous definition in 'tavi\tavi\ca\buildings2\ind_shed_01\'

Conflicting addon Farm_Cowshed in 'ca\buildings2\farm_cowshed\', previous definition in 'tavi\tavi\ca\buildings2\farm_cowshed\'

Conflicting addon CAHouseBlock_A in 'ca\buildings2\houseblocks\houseblock_a\', previous definition in 'tavi\tavi\ca\buildings2\houseblocks\houseblock_a\'

Conflicting addon CABuildings2_Misc_Cargo in 'ca\buildings2\misc_cargo\', previous definition in 'tavi\tavi\ca\buildings2\misc_cargo\'

Conflicting addon Shed_wooden in 'ca\buildings2\shed_wooden\', previous definition in 'tavi\tavi\ca\buildings2\shed_wooden\'

Conflicting addon CABuildings2 in 'ca\buildings2\', previous definition in 'tavi\tavi\ca\buildings2\'

Conflicting addon CABuildingParts in 'ca\buildings2\buildingparts\', previous definition in 'tavi\tavi\ca\buildings2\buildingparts\'

Conflicting addon IndPipe2 in 'ca\buildings2\ind_pipeline\indpipe2\', previous definition in 'tavi\tavi\ca\buildings2\ind_pipeline\indpipe2\'

Conflicting addon Misc_WaterStation in 'ca\buildings2\misc_waterstation\', previous definition in 'tavi\tavi\ca\buildings2\misc_waterstation\'

Conflicting addon CABuildings2_A_Pub in 'ca\buildings2\a_pub\', previous definition in 'tavi\tavi\ca\buildings2\a_pub\'

Conflicting addon CAStructures_IndPipe1_todo_delete in 'ca\buildings2\ind_pipeline\indpipe1\', previous definition in 'tavi\tavi\ca\buildings2\ind_pipeline\indpipe1\'

Conflicting addon A_GeneralStore_01 in 'ca\buildings2\a_generalstore_01\', previous definition in 'tavi\tavi\ca\buildings2\a_generalstore_01\'

Conflicting addon Farm_WTower in 'ca\buildings2\farm_wtower\', previous definition in 'tavi\tavi\ca\buildings2\farm_wtower\'

Conflicting addon Ind_Workshop01 in 'ca\buildings2\ind_workshop01\', previous definition in 'tavi\tavi\ca\buildings2\ind_workshop01\'

Conflicting addon ind_silomale in 'ca\buildings2\ind_cementworks\ind_silomale\', previous definition in 'tavi\tavi\ca\buildings2\ind_cementworks\ind_silomale\'

Conflicting addon Ind_SiloVelke in 'ca\buildings2\ind_cementworks\ind_silovelke\', previous definition in 'tavi\tavi\ca\buildings2\ind_cementworks\ind_silovelke\'

Conflicting addon Ind_Pec in 'ca\buildings2\ind_cementworks\ind_pec\', previous definition in 'tavi\tavi\ca\buildings2\ind_cementworks\ind_pec\'

Conflicting addon Ind_Dopravnik in 'ca\buildings2\ind_cementworks\ind_dopravnik\', previous definition in 'tavi\tavi\ca\buildings2\ind_cementworks\ind_dopravnik\'

Conflicting addon Ind_Mlyn in 'ca\buildings2\ind_cementworks\ind_mlyn\', previous definition in 'tavi\tavi\ca\buildings2\ind_cementworks\ind_mlyn\'

Conflicting addon Ind_MalyKomin in 'ca\buildings2\ind_cementworks\ind_malykomin\', previous definition in 'tavi\tavi\ca\buildings2\ind_cementworks\ind_malykomin\'

Conflicting addon Ind_Expedice in 'ca\buildings2\ind_cementworks\ind_expedice\', previous definition in 'tavi\tavi\ca\buildings2\ind_cementworks\ind_expedice\'

Conflicting addon Ind_Vysypka in 'ca\buildings2\ind_cementworks\ind_vysypka\', previous definition in 'tavi\tavi\ca\buildings2\ind_cementworks\ind_vysypka\'

Conflicting addon CAMisc in 'ca\misc\', previous definition in 'tavi\tavi\ca\misc\'

Conflicting addon CAMisc2 in 'ca\misc2\', previous definition in 'tavi\tavi\ca\misc2\'

Conflicting addon WarfareBuildings in 'ca\misc3\wf\', previous definition in 'tavi\tavi\ca\misc3\wf\'

Conflicting addon CAMisc3 in 'ca\misc3\', previous definition in 'tavi\tavi\ca\misc3\'

Conflicting addon CAStructures_IndPipe1 in 'ca\structures\ind_pipeline\indpipe1\', previous definition in 'tavi\tavi\ca\structures\ind_pipeline\indpipe1\'

Conflicting addon pond_test in 'ca\structures\pond\', previous definition in 'tavi\tavi\ca\structures\pond\'

Conflicting addon CAStructuresShed_Small in 'ca\structures\shed\shed_small\', previous definition in 'tavi\tavi\ca\structures\shed\shed_small\'

Conflicting addon A_TVTower in 'ca\structures\a_tvtower\', previous definition in 'tavi\tavi\ca\structures\a_tvtower\'

Conflicting addon CAStructures_Proxy_Ruins in 'ca\structures\proxy_ruins\', previous definition in 'tavi\tavi\ca\structures\proxy_ruins\'

Conflicting addon CAStructures_Mil in 'ca\structures\mil\', previous definition in 'tavi\tavi\ca\structures\mil\'

Conflicting addon CAStructures_A_BuildingWIP in 'ca\structures\a_buildingwip\', previous definition in 'tavi\tavi\ca\structures\a_buildingwip\'

Conflicting addon CAStructuresBarn_W in 'ca\structures\barn_w\', previous definition in 'tavi\tavi\ca\structures\barn_w\'

Conflicting addon CAStructuresLand_A_MunicipalOffice in 'ca\structures\a_municipaloffice\', previous definition in 'tavi\tavi\ca\structures\a_municipaloffice\'

Conflicting addon CAStructuresHouse in 'ca\structures\house\', previous definition in 'tavi\tavi\ca\structures\house\'

Conflicting addon CAStructures_Misc_Powerlines in 'ca\structures\misc_powerlines\', previous definition in 'tavi\tavi\ca\structures\misc_powerlines\'

Conflicting addon CAStructuresHouse_A_FuelStation in 'ca\structures\house\a_fuelstation\', previous definition in 'tavi\tavi\ca\structures\house\a_fuelstation\'

Conflicting addon CAStructuresLand_Nav_Boathouse in 'ca\structures\nav_boathouse\', previous definition in 'tavi\tavi\ca\structures\nav_boathouse\'

Conflicting addon CAStructures_A_CraneCon in 'ca\structures\a_cranecon\', previous definition in 'tavi\tavi\ca\structures\a_cranecon\'

Conflicting addon CAStructures_Rail in 'ca\structures\rail\', previous definition in 'tavi\tavi\ca\structures\rail\'

Conflicting addon CAStructuresHouse_HouseBT in 'ca\structures\house\housebt\', previous definition in 'tavi\tavi\ca\structures\house\housebt\'

Conflicting addon CAStructuresHouse_HouseV2 in 'ca\structures\house\housev2\', previous definition in 'tavi\tavi\ca\structures\house\housev2\'

Conflicting addon CAStructuresHouse_A_Office02 in 'ca\structures\house\a_office02\', previous definition in 'tavi\tavi\ca\structures\house\a_office02\'

Conflicting addon CAStructures_Nav in 'ca\structures\nav\', previous definition in 'tavi\tavi\ca\structures\nav\'

Conflicting addon CAStructuresHouse_A_Hospital in 'ca\structures\house\a_hospital\', previous definition in 'tavi\tavi\ca\structures\house\a_hospital\'

Conflicting addon CAStructuresHouse_Church_03 in 'ca\structures\house\church_03\', previous definition in 'tavi\tavi\ca\structures\house\church_03\'

Conflicting addon CAStructures_Proxy_BuildingParts in 'ca\structures\proxy_buildingparts\', previous definition in 'tavi\tavi\ca\structures\proxy_buildingparts\'

Conflicting addon CAStructures_Castle in 'ca\structures\castle\', previous definition in 'tavi\tavi\ca\structures\castle\'

Conflicting addon CAStructures_Wall in 'ca\structures\wall\', previous definition in 'tavi\tavi\ca\structures\wall\'

Conflicting addon CAStructuresHouse_Shed_Ind in 'ca\structures\shed_ind\', previous definition in 'tavi\tavi\ca\structures\shed_ind\'

Conflicting addon CAStructuresHouse_A_Office01 in 'ca\structures\house\a_office01\', previous definition in 'tavi\tavi\ca\structures\house\a_office01\'

Conflicting addon CAStructures_Nav_pier in 'ca\structures\nav_pier\', previous definition in 'tavi\tavi\ca\structures\nav_pier\'

Conflicting addon CAStructuresHouse_a_stationhouse in 'ca\structures\house\a_stationhouse\', previous definition in 'tavi\tavi\ca\structures\house\a_stationhouse\'

Conflicting addon CAStructuresHouse_Church_02 in 'ca\structures\house\church_02\', previous definition in 'tavi\tavi\ca\structures\house\church_02\'

Conflicting addon CAStructuresHouse_Church_05R in 'ca\structures\house\church_05r\', previous definition in 'tavi\tavi\ca\structures\house\church_05r\'

Conflicting addon CAStructures in 'ca\structures\', previous definition in 'tavi\tavi\ca\structures\'

Conflicting addon Ind_SawMill in 'ca\structures\ind_sawmill\', previous definition in 'tavi\tavi\ca\structures\ind_sawmill\'

Conflicting addon CAStructuresInd_Quarry in 'ca\structures\ind_quarry\', previous definition in 'tavi\tavi\ca\structures\ind_pipeline\ind_quarry\'

Conflicting addon CAStructuresHouse_HouseV in 'ca\structures\house\housev\', previous definition in 'tavi\tavi\ca\structures\house\housev\'

Conflicting addon CAStructuresLand_Ind_Stack_Big in 'ca\structures\ind\', previous definition in 'tavi\tavi\ca\structures\ind\'

Conflicting addon CAStructures_Ruins in 'ca\structures\ruins\', previous definition in 'tavi\tavi\ca\structures\ruins\'

Updating base class NonStrategic->House, by taviana\paf_stad_obj\config.bin/CfgVehicles/LAND_pbaflgoals/

Pozdrav Martine ...can you pleas read THIS thread and maybe you find solution how to fix that errors in .rpt file :cheers: