Sign in to follow this  
-martin-

Taviana Island for ArmA 2!

Error: Vertex shader ID out of limits

A lot of this in my RPT.

Our group have been following this for what seems like ages, downloading each step, and now for you to get it as far as you have, which lets be honest is an ‘Epic’ island/terrain, as good as your likely to get, its been quite amazing having watched the progress of ‘Taviana’ to this stage.

All credit and many thanks to you for putting, what must have been, a mammoth amount of work into getting it this far.

Thank you..

Hello Martin

Taviana is a great island with lots of detail even though it's big.

i am still trying to find the tomb of king solibor and i have no idea where it is.

since the competition about finding it is already over, can you please tell me the map coordinates it is in? i want to make a mission including it.

thanks in advance,

strangerinthenight

Hey everyone, sorry for being away for a bit... I’ve been having problems with my internet past these 3 weeks, but now it's all running good! I hope everyone here is doing well! :)

I’ve been working full steam ahead and overtime past these few weeks to get as much done as possible before university starts on the 17th, and I’ve made some remarkable progress… 50% of the second island is now DONE! I have so much to show, but I’ll do that in the next few days once I add everything to the satellite and layer mask.

I’m hoping to wrap this whole project up by the end of September because I just have so much more that I still want to do for ArmA whilst I still have time. :yay:

Now question time…

Hey Martin,

Just a quick question when will this be available on Six Updater??

Regards,

Godspeedsnake

I have no idea, I hope that they will make it available on the Six Updater. Is there any way to contact them when I release the full version?

Our group have been following this for what seems like ages, downloading each step, and now for you to get it as far as you have, which lets be honest is an ‘Epic’ island/terrain, as good as your likely to get, its been quite amazing having watched the progress of ‘Taviana’ to this stage.

All credit and many thanks to you for putting, what must have been, a mammoth amount of work into getting it this far.

Thank you..

Thank you :bounce3:not long to go now, I can literally see the finish line and that’s the worst feeling in a big project like this because you know you’re there but you aren’t yet…

Hello Martin

Taviana is a great island with lots of detail even though it's big.

i am still trying to find the tomb of king solibor and i have no idea where it is.

since the competition about finding it is already over, can you please tell me the map coordinates it is in? i want to make a mission including it.

thanks in advance,

strangerinthenight

The tomb is located in the rocks right in the middle of 4 grid positions, one of them is (177,148), here is a screenshot. To get in you have to find your way in to the tomb trough a crack in the rocks, it’s a bit tricky but you can do it.

Untitled.jpg

Since this is your first post on the forums, I’ll give you a little welcome gift. Tell me your name and I’ll name a town on this island after you. (You can PM me if you want) ;)

Edited by -Martin-

I have no idea, I hope that they will make it available on the Six Updater. Is there any way to contact them when I release the full version?

For now it's all Sickboy who adds the mods manually to our network. I'll nudge him to make the update available on our network, I think he just missed it. As he just started his holiday it might take another week to arrive though. And ofcourse we will love to add the full release to the network when available.

I've had my share of fun discovering all the little and unique details while following the progress you've made and like to personally thank you for the great work you've done.

Gnat;2208246']Love the terrain but HATE exe installers

Nearly every exe installer for mods, or even beta patches etc are openable and extractable by tools like 7-Zip, WinRAR, etc, just like it is an archive.

thanks martin

i tried to use the prsz units from the project cdf mod as the taviana armed forces and i think they pretty much fit to this role. i suggest you to ask the developers of this mod for permission to use their units. with reskins they could be perfect for the purpose of being the armed forces of taviana.

by the way my name is eitay

Edited by strangerinthenight

also i have a few suggestions:

1)i tried to use the prsz units from the project cdf mod as the taviana armed forces and i think they pretty much fit to this role. i suggest you to ask the developers of this mod for permission to use their units. with reskins they could be perfect for the purpose of being the armed forces of taviana.

2)i think you should expend the metro network to other cities in taviana as well and make the metro tunnels subterrainian.

that is all.

---------- Post added at 14:10 ---------- Previous post was at 13:44 ----------

now if only someone would open a public taviana life server that i can download the required addons for taviana life from it and not via yoma addonsync (which for some reason rejects the url adress provided on the tcg website).

1)i tried to use the prsz units from the project cdf mod as the taviana armed forces and i think they pretty much fit to this role. i suggest you to ask the developers of this mod for permission to use their units. with reskins they could be perfect for the purpose of being the armed forces of taviana.

2)i think you should expend the metro network to other cities in taviana as well and make the metro tunnels subterrainian.

that is all.

1) Why double this one? I'm pretty sure everyone got this from the first post, no need to spam.

2)Metro(and any other underground structures for that matter) are a PITA to make and RV engine doesn't like them in general, so even this small metro network is amazing as is.

Bars is spot on,AI goes in 'tard mode when crossing streets with the metro below them.Martin did not made a good job,but an awesome job with this island and sometimes the tech shows it's ugly teeth compared with the complexity of Tavi.

i am sorry for the spam, but i have read somewhere that arma 3 will have caves, so when i said "expand the metro network" i didn't essentially meant that martin should expend the metro on the arma 2 version of the island, but in general. i agree i should've make it clearer.

have a good day

In the next release can you please fix the AI landing? The AIs always crash into the mountains because you probably told the AIs in the script to fly low, but the will just keep flying into mountains as long as it's like that. You're going to need a custom script.

Taviana island updated on the SIX Updater Network.

Thank you Sickboy :cheers:

Bars is spot on,AI goes in 'tard mode when crossing streets with the metro below them.Martin did not made a good job,but an awesome job with this island and sometimes the tech shows it's ugly teeth compared with the complexity of Tavi.

Thanks! :bounce3:

that is all.

Hi Strangerinthenight (Thought I’d never ever say this phrase in my life :D )

1) Vilas has already kindly offered his help in making unique Taviana units for the island some time ago so that won’t be necessary. I’ve have left the design in his hands and I trust that he will do an awesome job given his previous addons are all excellent. Me or Vilas will release some screenshots of them once he is ready. Wink_o:

2) Making the metro station is a bit of a pain in the ass in the current version of the engine because I have to cover everything with fake land and streets etc… AI doesn’t like that and it’s unnecessary in the smaller cities anyway. I just wanted to show the community that this kind of thing can be pulled off in a usable way, It makes the island unique from anything else that has ever been done, which is what we all want and to BIS that adding underground support to the engine would really be cool (Because BIS does keep a very close eye on community mods).

As for making the metro tunnels sub terrain, that just wouldn’t work well in this version of the engine, it would get really difficult when making bends and the fake land on top would just cause a lot of trouble with the AI, the hassle involved in making that outweighs the benefits this would bring. :sad:

In the next release can you please fix the AI landing? The AIs always crash into the mountains because you probably told the AIs in the script to fly low, but the will just keep flying into mountains as long as it's like that. You're going to need a custom script.

I have experienced that when landing planes in autopilot mode on the airport beside the capital, I haven’t figured out what causes it yet but the altitude may have an effect. What “script†are you referring to, is there something I’m not aware of? I thought that airports are only set up in the island config.

Edited by -Martin-

I have experienced that when landing planes in autopilot mode on the airport beside the capital, I haven’t figured out what causes it yet but the altitude may have an effect. What “script†are you referring to, is there something I’m not aware of? I thought that airports are only set up in the island config.

That is the only way to do it to the best of my knowledge. I'm not sure if you have seen this but this is Marksman's tutorial. I believe you can edit the glide slope which might be the problem. They might have to approach at a steeper angle if they're hitting a mountain.

That is the only way to do it to the best of my knowledge. I'm not sure if you have seen this but this is Marksman's tutorial. I believe you can edit the glide slope which might be the problem. They might have to approach at a steeper angle if they're hitting a mountain.

Thanks Jakerod,

I followed instructions given to me by a friend to make the airport but he also gave me a link to Markman's tutorial and I used it to make the top airport which is at an angle. I'll use your advice and try to change the glide slope and hopefully this will sort it out.

Hello everyone,

So it's the end of the week and here are the promised screenshots of how the project is moving along. Although this whole area is done, I still need to name the towns, add some road signs, tweaks etc… So I’m going to spend the weekend doing that before I start on the last part of the island.

I thought I’d never get to say this but this is probably the last, or pre-last update before I release the full version of the island!

scr1.jpg

Offshore wind farm - support clean energy!

scr2.jpg

Bratislav bridge at night

scr3.jpg

One of the two yet unnamed lakes

scr4.jpg

Church on a island

scr5.jpg

Colza fields overlooked by the ruins of a castle

scr6.jpg

One of the beaches overlooked by Bratislav bridge

scr7.jpg

The city of Krasnoznamen’sk

scr9.jpg

The city of Krasnoznamen’sk

scr8.jpg

I was asked to make an NPP, so here it is… In the process of being converted from the Operation Flashpoint Chernobyl mod.

scr10.jpg

50% of the second island is now done, only half remains to be fished off!

Wait, so the NPP will have the same "disaster sarcophagus" as the Chernobyl one? Does that mean that some part of Tavi will be "restricted zone"?

Wait, so the NPP will have the same "disaster sarcophagus" as the Chernobyl one? Does that mean that some part of Tavi will be "restricted zone"?

No, every part of Taviana is habitable and there is no restriction zone. I haven’t decided if I will remove the sarcophagus yet or not but I probably will because it’s never been my intention to re-create anything similar to Chernobyl , the Stalker game etc… on Taviana. The goal of Taviana is to create an island as similar to a real country as possible but on a smaller scale, so I added the NPP to make that available on the island and I used the Chernobyl one to save time since it’s already been made. If people want a restriction zone I’m sure it won’t be too hard to make that themselves. (Just thought I'd say that before someone says that I’m copying the Stalker idea or whatever :D)

No, every part of Taviana is habitable and there is no restriction zone. I haven’t decided if I will remove the sarcophagus yet or not but I probably will because it’s never been my intention to re-create anything similar to Chernobyl , the Stalker game etc… on Taviana. The goal of Taviana is to create an island as similar to a real country as possible but on a smaller scale, so I added the NPP to make that available on the island and I used the Chernobyl one to save time since it’s already been made. If people want a restriction zone I’m sure it won’t be too hard to make that themselves. (Just thought I'd say that before someone says that I’m copying the Stalker idea or whatever :D)

Pretty much yeah. How many reactors will it have, 2 or 4?(to keep it realistic it needs to be a pair number(for the soviet built NPPs that is))

If you want to build a 2 reactor NPP, then check this out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignalina_Nuclear_Power_Plant

A Lithuanian 2 core NPP that is of similar design to CNPP.

http://amandalithuania.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/037.jpg

Edited by Bars91

Pretty much yeah. How many reactors will it have, 2 or 4?(to keep it realistic it needs to be a pair number(for the soviet built NPPs that is))

If you want to build a 2 reactor NPP, then check this out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignalina_Nuclear_Power_Plant

A Lithuanian 2 core NPP that is of similar design to CNPP.

http://amandalithuania.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/037.jpg

Hmm, well the space that I have available for the NPP is very small, so at the moment I can only fit one reactor in to that space. I am aware of the plant in Lithuania and that it should be either a 2 or 4 reactor plant. I'm not sure what I will do yet, but there is always a possibility: The soviets built an experimental 1 reactor plant on Taviana :p

How about nuclear reactors in every city.

Why would there be nuclear reactors in every city? :Oo: