Sign in to follow this  
-martin-

Taviana Island for ArmA 2!

Yep..it is ...

Congratulations for the release Martin.

I waited long time for (this) updated version..

Martin, your work is so impressive... Thank you for Taviana!

Special thanks for the Soviet anthem, I really enjoy it.

Noticed bug: AI passes through the fence and falls down from the bridge.

-Martin- I just tested Taviana and this is just impressive work there. That escalator thingy was just great addition to island. I can't wait to make campaings/missions for Taviana. YEAH*3!:yay::yay::yay:

Wonderful work Martin, it's nice to see Beta 2 out already. One of my favorite towns so far is 'Lyubol', stunning setting!

The amount of detail on the island is just incredible, amazing work.

I just have one question, I can run Takistan/Zargabad/Chernarus at 50-60 fps constantly but in the areas of taviana that have a moderate to heavy amount of buildings, I get 15-25 fps max. Anyone else getting bad performance? Or do I need to fix something on my end?

The amount of detail on the island is just incredible, amazing work.

I just have one question, I can run Takistan/Zargabad/Chernarus at 50-60 fps constantly but in the areas of taviana that have a moderate to heavy amount of buildings, I get 15-25 fps max. Anyone else getting bad performance? Or do I need to fix something on my end?

Upgrade upgrade upgrade :wink_o: If I don't get lag on my cheap PC nobody else should be

Ah, ok. :)

Also, where can I get the bikey for the map?

@-Martin- fantastic update :). Need any help with creating Armed Forces for Taviana-Island?

Hi Martin

Even in this beta(2) release i noticed numerous geometry/fire geometry problems in custom structures.

I still think this island is the MOST ambitious island project in all ArmA series.

Rarely in any map in ArmA series i felt i was in a 'real city'

Anyways..i can think some ways to help things out:

1).. Providing you photos where each 'problem' is located

.. or/and..

2) .."Lend a hand"

*p.s. Hey!..clean up some space in your PM's storage.Its FULL ;)

Hey Martin,I'm enjoying a lot Beta 2,it starts to take a nice shape and I can't wait to see what you prepared for west part of island.:)

Love the new towns,especially Lepestok and like usual you worked your magic again to make a big town.

I've noticed you added more vegetation at the base of the mountains,this looks top spot and they don't look so empty anymore.

I also test the AI around Tavi big cities to see if they can work with the complexity of the map and I noticed the AI has very big issues in current areas:

This one is old but perhaps if you have time you could take another look at it:

Sabina

Bridges uncrossable by AI in Sabina,ID 3618,ID 4858,ID 137849,ID 137346.

Workaround for accessing the west part of Sabina and rest of the island are the bridge at ID20(weird cause this one works and other ones aren't) and the road at ID6461.

Lepestok

Bridges that cross the highway into the west neighborhood are uncrossable by AI,ID 282972,ID 293158,ID 290871.

Highway

Basically here AI has problems with all the off ramps,I suspect the tiny brain of the AI gets confused with the narrow road and multiple objects near the off-ramp road.I noticed the AI gets stuck here and doesn't know how to leave the highway.Here are some off-ramp IDs where this happens ID 22934,22893.

Also ID 102668,102708,290814,290742,281311,281573,297058,291635 (these are part of the highway that crosses Lepestok).

The house at ID 73944(Novy Bor) has no collision.

The area around bars still glitches with artifacts,for example Bar in Sabina and the one in Novy Bor.

Forgot to say I still don't have much lag(although I haven't played with many units).The only areas I noticed some slowdowns were the cemetery and the stadium in Lepestok.

Edited by Krycek

Thank's for your feedback everyone!

Hi Martin

Even in this beta(2) release i noticed numerous geometry/fire geometry problems in custom structures.

I still think this island is the MOST ambitious island project in all ArmA series.

Rarely in any map in ArmA series i felt i was in a 'real city'

Anyways..i can think some ways to help things out:

1).. Providing you photos where each 'problem' is located

.. or/and..

2) .."Lend a hand"

*p.s. Hey!..clean up some space in your PM's storage.Its FULL ;)

I think lennd a hand will be better :D I will PM you once I clean out my inbox

Hi Martin!

I can't say enough how impressed I am by the attention to detail you put into this island, as well as its beauty! Really looking forward to the finished Island.

I've got a quick question concerning the history of the island though: From what I can see during the cold war years it was part of the soviet republic and not a country of its own right? I am just asking because it is perfect for those '1980s people rise up against their government and pact forces step in to crush the rebelion' type missions.

anyway, this island is a true piece of art!

Hi Martin!

I can't say enough how impressed I am by the attention to detail you put into this island, as well as its beauty! Really looking forward to the finished Island.

I've got a quick question concerning the history of the island though: From what I can see during the cold war years it was part of the soviet republic and not a country of its own right? I am just asking because it is perfect for those '1980s people rise up against their government and pact forces step in to crush the rebelion' type missions.

anyway, this island is a true piece of art!

Yes it was a part of the Soviet Union, a Soviet Republic

Hi Martin,

I was just wondering what is the "Lore" behind the large freighter shipwreck being so far inland and in the city? Just curious that all.

V/R

Mike

Thank's for your feedback everyone!

I think lennd a hand will be better :D I will PM you once I clean out my inbox

I love the island! However I can't get ambient civs or vehicles to work. I tried adding both Ambient Civs and the Civs Expansion, and also JTDs Traffic Mod, but no luck...am I doing something wrong?

Hi Martin,

I downloaded this map today and it looks great! However, I was disappointed to find out that it doesn't function with the armoury mode. I can spawn, but only as a civilian character on a small island several Kilometres away from the coastline proper. I found the post from nettrucker linking to armoury integration, but it's way over my head as far as understanding it goes, and Wikis are notorious for a lack of step-by-step self-help guides on technical junk. So I was wondering if there're any future plans to enable the map for armoury use? I'd hate to have downloaded this wonderful map, only to never get to use it :(

Hi Martin,

I downloaded this map today and it looks great! However, I was disappointed to find out that it doesn't function with the armoury mode. I can spawn, but only as a civilian character on a small island several Kilometres away from the coastline proper. I found the post from nettrucker linking to armoury integration, but it's way over my head as far as understanding it goes, and Wikis are notorious for a lack of step-by-step self-help guides on technical junk. So I was wondering if there're any future plans to enable the map for armoury use? I'd hate to have downloaded this wonderful map, only to never get to use it :(

@Bungdup, please beaware this is only a BETA release so things such a the armoury might not work, i would imagine Martin would have these working in the final release. As the armoury doesnt work, why not try the Editor?

Tried to use the ME once before, didn't really understand it. Might have to give it another shot though!

What a fantastic playground.The ammount of work and the love of detail is just amazing for a map this size.Might be a beta but how many possibilities!

Apart from a drop in fps here and there( especially before entering Sabina, but I suppose its because of the shere size of the map) and some textures I find to look a bit too "new", I can only say,congrats: it is impressive.

Indeed, I've managed to get enough done with the ME that I can play around on the map a bit. Suffice to say, even for a beta it's very impressive. Can't wait to see what you do with the second island and the northern bit of Taviana. I did notice the AI doesn't like the suspension bridge very much, by the way. And there's a coffee shop in Dubovo across the road from the main airfield that keeps flinging around some sort of mesh bug that obscures the area around the store. And in front of the government building in Sabina there's a seam along the canal that players can fall through and end up trapped inside the walls. That's all I've found at the moment as far as noticable bugs.

Edited by Bungdup