Sign in to follow this  
-martin-

Taviana Island for ArmA 2!

Damn, I'm sorry I made a mistake when I was editing the first post. It has now been updated.

Basically:

Alpha 1 - Released on August 26 - Link: http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1719118&postcount=1

Beta 1 - Coming at the end of October or early November

(Arma.info = http://www.armedassault.info/)

Best regards and sorry for the confusion :smile:

Probably would be too insane to do something like what I said for Arma anyways.

Is the Airport next to the city considered the military or civilian airport?

Probably would be too insane to do something like what I said for Arma anyways.

Is the Airport next to the city considered the military or civilian airport?

The airport next to the city is the civilian airport yes.gif Used for internal flights to the other island, cargo/post and international flights.

EDIT:

I'm going to make a custom terminal building for the airport soon.

It sucks that you can't add four lane roads in arma without proper AI functionality for them. In other words, they will just treat each road like a two-lane road instead of using two lanes on one side to go one way.

You are going to add three main cities, correct?

I'm going to make a custom terminal building for the airport soon.

I already see nice airport missions beeing done, like die hard II :)

Hi

Drove, walked and flew around parts of the Alpha version last night, and got a really good feeling about this map (clipping issues aside). I liked the tunnels, multi-storey car park and train station, and as for the picture gallery and mortuary - awesome work m8, just awesome.

cj

It sucks that you can't add four lane roads in arma without proper AI functionality for them. In other words, they will just treat each road like a two-lane road instead of using two lanes on one side to go one way.

Indeed, but maybe BIS will fix this in the next version of the engine (ArmA 3). I certainly hope so because ArmA has almost everything that we need except a good AI driving model. sad.gif

You are going to add three main cities, correct?

Yep yes.gif, they will be around the same size as the capital city in the Alpha version.

Hi

Drove, walked and flew around parts of the Alpha version last night, and got a really good feeling about this map (clipping issues aside). I liked the tunnels, multi-storey car park and train station, and as for the picture gallery and mortuary - awesome work m8, just awesome.

cj

Thanks good.gif

Edited by -Martin-
Fixed a typo :P

Indeed, but maybe BIS will fix this in the next version of the engine (ArmA 3). I certainly hope so because ArmA has almost everything that we need except a good AI driving model.

So true.Otherwise Taviana is already exceeding anything I could wish for in a single map;How did you manage to encapsulate the atmosphere of an eastern (post)communist major city I will never know.(I grew in one,I know how it felt)

Well there is no question this island will be top 3 when finished .

But I have a problem and dont really know if it is because of the unfinished island.

I get alot of stuttering when entering the big cities. Is this normal for every one?

I believe my computer could handle almost everything but I got this problem with this island.

-Martin-, if you want anyone to board that aerial tramway... don't make it THAT rusty! :D

I know I wouldn't get on board of one of those, it's just an accident waiting to happen!

;)

Mile stone 1 passed

Hello everyone, I'm very pleased to inform you that I have passed mile stone 1 - This means that I have completely finished the valley in the North and I will now be moving back in to the capital city, to fix bugs.

I still have a bit of tweaks to do tomorrow in the valley however, fix roads that aren't showing up on the map and update the satellite mask before its 100£% done, nothing long tough.

Anyway, time for screenshots:

l0mkcpm1bdlgizaphqy_thumb.jpg

First of all, this is for my biggest fan :wink_o:

anhhtppt1cl5ki21z2sf_thumb.jpg

Map of the valley, as you can see I have extended the highway although some pieces don't show (I'm goanna fix that tomorrow).

8iyxi9cu5y9whlxfnpx_thumb.jpg

The swamp beside the village of Vinograd, and an old wooden church. This was inspired by Ukraine. (Thanks to my friend Zenger from Ensk Island for letting me use this model)

ioebltxkqh2uci50egrc_thumb.jpg

Another shot

o5b94j4gfdjpbp52muph_thumb.jpg

A look over the fields of the valley, this area was inspired by France (when I went to Châtenay-sur-Seine near Melun I drove through a lot of fields like this and fell in love with them) and Ukraine.

wd5sg4z6188kjed1r2fi_thumb.jpg

I made custom clutter using ArmA 1 clutter (I edited it a bit). I believe this is called Colza in English?

oe6fwnki6hrhk4curdgz_thumb.jpg

And now you know why the flag of Ukraine is blue and yellow.

Edited by -Martin-

x5e542qs4etjxomjctq_thumb.jpg

A look at Dorianov.

rywcmj9j1ta2sigtufc7_thumb.jpg

The OFP houses are back.

ekp0s37topeiby1magvk_thumb.jpg

Highway exit and a mixed forest (after I got complaints that there is not enough variation of trees).

boesmivch0qnzi1c6uh_thumb.jpg

And finally a look at castle "Sokoli Gňjazdo" (Falcons nest). I still have to add some vegetation inside but that will be done tomorrow.

-Martin-, if you want anyone to board that aerial tramway... don't make it THAT rusty! :D

I know I wouldn't get on board of one of those, it's just an accident waiting to happen!

;)

Bah in Eastern Europe, health and safety doesn’t exist biggrin.gif

So true.Otherwise Taviana is already exceeding anything I could wish for in a single map;How did you manage to encapsulate the atmosphere of an eastern (post)communist major city I will never know.(I grew in one,I know how it felt)

Ah, secret of the trade, if I told you, BIS would read it and wouldn’t need to hire me :tongue:

Edited by -Martin-

Thanks you Martin, a village with my name ! :)

The Higway exit is, as the village, amazing!

It's beautifull !

Martin,do you know if that castle is privately owned?I have a thing for castles and I've just spotted my next base of operations in Taviana.I'm preparing an offer he can't refuse,especially if the owner doesn't want to fall from balcony by accident.:p

Btw,in the next release those weird colours will still be around?

Martin,do you know if that castle is privately owned?I have a thing for castles and I've just spotted my next base of operations in Taviana.I'm preparing an offer he can't refuse,especially if the owner doesn't want to fall from balcony by accident.

Nah, the communists already pushed him off the balcony 100 years ago biggrin.gif now its state owned. So just join the party and do what general Guba did and you'll have your own army wink.gif But stay away from the Malden islands and Nogova.

Btw,in the next release those weird colours will still be around?

No, I will replace them with a lava texture or I'll finish the satellite mask and add dummy villages from Google Earth so it looks like something is there from the air.

Awesome job. This is definitely a milestone in the Arma map making history.

You're the man!!!!!

In the next beta version could you replace those orange/green/"WIP" textures with just some plain ground/grass?

Amazing map I cant wait to try out the new version

In the next beta version could you replace those orange/green/"WIP" textures with just some plain ground/grass?

Amazing map I cant wait to try out the new version

Will do, as I said to Krycek, I might even add villages from Google Earth if time allows me to good.gif

this looks incredible, i was quite in awe when i saw the capitol city (its size is enormous!) and that huge golden gate like bridge. Amazing modelling there

My only concern is, AI behaviour on some of these bridges, as I doubt I could get a convoy to move along that bridge even with scripts.

Very nice stuff!

Just had the pleasure to use this map and I can safely say the bits that are complete make up the best arma2 map I've ever used. It is incredible! The custom buildings are fantastic. A few questions about the next release:

-Do you plan to complete the railway system as it seems to stop and start at some points?

-Will you add detail (forests, roads, villages etc) to the norh and to the western island?

-will there be a working tram in the main city? (would be awesome!)

-more detailed airport?

Thanks very much for your hard work and good luck!

Nah, the communists already pushed him off the balcony 100 years ago biggrin.gif now its state owned. So just join the party and do what general Guba did and you'll have your own army wink.gif But stay away from the Malden islands and Nogova.

You should stay away from Malden and Nogova theres a whole army protecting them now :)

@Martin fantastic work keep it up, cant wait for the next release :)

Will do, as I said to Krycek, I might even add villages from Google Earth if time allows me to good.gif

Nice mate more the merrier, also i might do the same, but Help meeee!! :D

You should stay away from Malden and Nogova theres a whole army protecting them now :)

Man,I wouldn't touch Nogova even if I had 5 armies,Victor Troska is there,although he's an old geezer by now I bet that psychopat can't wait for another invading army.No thank you,I want my tanks,gunships and troops in one piece.Troska is Chuck Norris of the East,he is not even interested with how many troops you brought on the island,but if more are coming.

Some sources actually tell that when Guba returned to the party only in his red underwear and was asked wtf happened with his army,his only words were "Don't go........to Nogova".He needed years of therapy before he could organize another invasion.

Sorry Martin for off-topic.

Edited by Krycek