Sign in to follow this  
-martin-

Taviana Island for ArmA 2!

-Martin- if you fix the config and texture errors, people will be able to use modfolder just

fine and Taviana will work on a dedicated server.

Bit sad to see that you do not prioritize these to the max and have released a hotfix as

soon as possible (after your holidays).

In any case it is a stunning piece of art. Respect and looking forward to the polished version!

-Martin- if you fix the config and texture errors, people will be able to use modfolder just

fine and Taviana will work on a dedicated server.

Bit sad to see that you do not prioritize these to the max and have released a hotfix as

soon as possible (after your holidays).

In any case it is a stunning piece of art. Respect and looking forward to the polished version!

I have already implemented your fixed and improved config (Thank you for that), haven't tested it with mod folders yet tough, so for now don't use the island with them.

I thought it would be a bit pointless to make a hot fix tough right after my holiday since the Alpha version is still very buggy and doesn’t have everything that I wanted to show, the Beta should be out next month and fully playable with no errors so it’s better to wait than to play on a buggy island :smile: Besides it kind of p*sed me of to work on the same spot for months so I wanted to finish something else for a while before I go back to it. :biggrin:

Edited by -Martin-

Martin,do you plan to "make up" some data regarding Taviana?

Not extremly detailed but something like population,army(equipment),economy,political factions(or political instability?)?

It should add even more atmosphere and having a small history or data about the island could help when we design missions.:)

Not extremly detailed but something like population,army(equipment),economy,political factions(or political instability?)?

It should add even more atmosphere and having a small history or data about the island could help when we design missions.:)

Hello Krycek,

Regarding your question about history please see the first page of this Taviana thread. Quite alot is described there.

Population-wise Chernarussian civilians or Russian civil faction can do perfectly fine, as far as I would take it. Economy is explained on first page of this thread afaik. Politically speaking: Anything goes, from fighting on Communist regime side, or rebellious groups combatting the government.

Anything goes, as it is up to the end-user's imagination to fill the blanks to suit their needs. As for the Taviana Army.. Currently that's low-priority stuff, but I do recall having seen retextured Tavian units (2 models total up till now.) in the making somewhere.. But finishing these multiple Tavianan islands that clutter this map do comes first though.

Hello everyone,

I've just finished making a demo mission called "Solibor must fall!" which I will release with the BETA of Taviana next month. The mission is a completely fictional Spetsnaz coop set in the town of Solibor (which be available in the BETA). The mission goes like this:

It's 2013. Anti-government insurgents supported by the US and other Western countries are raging war on Taviana with the government forces, attempting to take over the gas rich island and have been shelling the capital city from Solibor for 3 days in a row. A couple of hours ago they hit a school, killing 40 kids and injuring 70 others which they deny.

Moscow however does not want to hand over the gas rich island to the West and is keen on settling the conflict as soon as possible and has even wowed to respond with military action if the insurgents do not give up by Friday. Meanwhile Spetsnaz forces have been secretly dispatched to the island to give a helping hand to the government forces by destroying the insurgent’s radar, AA defences and artillery in Solibor and send a clear message to the West who is supporting them that they mean business.

(its a good story if I do say so myself :biggrin: )

Here is a little teaser video, more updated on the island coming next weekend:

wXWQIYO_Jrk

Martin..i m sure lots of people eagerly awaiting for "the" update..including myself of course.

The scenario is just the "extra cherry" :D

Martin..i m sure lots of people eagerly awaiting for "the" update..including myself of course.

The scenario is just the "extra cherry" :D

A "cherry" on a "multilayered pie" called Taviana that is! :D

Screw Lemnos,A3 should have Taviana.:pOr at least BI should hire Martin for Arma 4.Can't wait for the update.

Screw Lemnos,A3 should have Taviana.

Don't you worry; once BIS releases the editing tools for ArmA 3 (or if the ArmA 2 tools work with ArmA 3) I will port the island and add some improvements available in ArmA 3 too, like ship wrecks on the bottom of the ocean and so on...

It should add even more atmosphere and having a small history or data about the island could help when we design missions.

As Thani '82 said, see the first post of this thread for some brief history, economic facts etc... I may add some more to that later but for the time being I have to focus on getting the BETA ready. Afterwards I will probably get to work on the Taviana army pack.

But overall if you want to know a bit about the army equipment, anything from the Eastern Block goes really, Russian, Polish Czech (perhaps some Yugoslav weapon/vehicles can get smuggled on to the island too but this would be very rare since its very far and it’s much easier just to use Russian weapons). But its really up to you and the mission your making and the time its set in :smile:

So I'm back with some more news as promised. I was going to post this yesterday but I had some technical difficulty so it had to wait.

First of all I would like to thank Bushlurker for helping me understand _MCO textures and being kind enough to supply me with some working snow. I might replace the snow with my own later tough, but that depends on how it will look in game. :wink_o:

And now for something you've never seen before!

tf2xa2zj5udif9ne16s2_thumb.jpg

My attempt at making a snow covered house with icicles. (Good practice for a possible project that I have in mind after Taviana.)

vt8slttzw6mqx7ke4xfg_thumb.jpg

A cable car going up to mount “Perun†skiing resort.

s3k3t2bajjw4avwb17v0_thumb.jpg

A look at the cabin with the capital city in the background mist.

asuswuj15ksbxhxp0sto_thumb.jpg

A look from inside the cabin where we can see people observing the valley under the mountains.

ulf33dyuvugk97u7k62m_thumb.jpg

(For all you UFO lovers) Recently some UFO's visited Taviana and left some crop circles to say hello.

Slavs will probably recognise that it’s the Kolovrat and for non Slavs, no it's not a Swastika and it is in no way related to it. It represents the sun.

wzxwqff4mujijzugwfz_thumb.jpg

Two bull wheels which allow the cable car to make 90 degree turn. (Not very realistic but it's better than nothing, right?)

srz7wtd19iyl4mv21hs_thumb.jpg

And finally one more look at the valley.

Plan for this week:

My plan for this week is to finish off the whole valley and satellite mask for it and next week move to fixing bugs in the capital city, once I'm done with that I will work on the other side of the island and make custom airport building.

As always, please comment and leave your support as I look forward to reading it :smile:

Kind regards for all and see you next week.

Edited by -Martin-

This is just perfect, what more could you ask for? :)

Oh trust me, wait till you see the other sutff that I have planned :D

Oh trust me, wait till you see the other sutff that I have planned :D

Oh I trust you!! Your just going off over there aren't you?

It just gets better every release of pics!!

SO much win! Looks really cool - really similar to where I live(not so many mountains here tho)

I downloaded the version on the first post and the island is quite buggy. I get texture errors upon loading (I've downloaded both the island and the objects). Some of the hills have a green glow and some of the buildings you can just walk right through them as if they aren't there.

Apart from that its awesome! I spent ages just driving around and exploring :D

I downloaded the version on the first post and the island is quite buggy. I get texture errors upon loading (I've downloaded both the island and the objects). Some of the hills have a green glow and some of the buildings you can just walk right through them as if they aren't there.

Apart from that its awesome! I spent ages just driving around and exploring :D

Don't worry, everything will be fixed in the up comming BETA :f: The Alpha was just released so you guys wouldn't have to wait so long but could try the island yourselves.

Also got the config array 3 entries error, I googled it and it came up with your post in the Arma 2 editing forum haha! ;)

You should make another separate island that will only be for a single airport, but a LARGE AIRPORT, with several runways; sort of like the airfield on the moonfield base, but this would be a civilian airport, with runways running parallel to each other and not crossing each other. Although, I guess this could be the military airport, if you wanted. Since this would be it's own island, I guess you could make a surrounding harbor. Lol I'm sorry, I sound way too demanding.

You should make another separate island that will only be for a single airport, but a LARGE AIRPORT, with several runways; sort of like the airfield on the moonfield base, but this would be a civilian airport, with runways running parallel to each other and not crossing each other. Although, I guess this could be the military airport, if you wanted. Since this would be it's own island, I guess you could make a surrounding harbor. Lol I'm sorry, I sound way too demanding.

Hi Alkar Cammer,

Your idea of having a separate island with a large airport, several interlinking runways etc... is a good idea but unfortunately in this case I don't think it would be appropriate because the island has a population of only 1 million.

There are already 2 airports (single runway), one for the military/civilian and one only for civilian use which probably won't get utilised to even 50% of their capacity due to the low population of the island.

I'm talking about one or two, big cargo/post planes every 2 weeks, maybe 1 international flight every week and 2 internal flights with a small propeller plane like the AN-2 every day from one island to the other.

Best regards

- Martin :smile:

So is the download link on the first post, the new version? :)

No, the BETA version will be available next month and in the first post it will write "BETA download link". The current link is to the Alpha version.

Just watch this thread or ArmA.info and you will soon see the BETA version download when I release it. :wink_o:

The first post says "BETA #1 - Released"

and arma.info doesnt exist.