Sign in to follow this  
-martin-

Taviana Island for ArmA 2!

I feel left out.

Post #44 Posted on 9/13/2010 (http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1748658&postcount=44)

Hey everyone!

Time for some new screen shots because I've been quietly working for some time now Also some news that some of you might like:

I need BETA testers to test performance of a small Southern part of the island!

This basically involves me sending you a part of the island that I really need to test for performance because it has some large forests to see how it runs on other systems. You just download it, play around with it as much as you like, tell me your system specs, how it runs and help me in a very big way before I release the public BETA of the whole Southern part. If you are interested please PM me, your help will be valued very much by me and the community!

Yep I did release a beta to anyone who PM'd me :smile: Anyone who didn't has to wait for the public beta, hopefully only a few weeks are left before its out because I don't think I will make it by the end of this month :wink_o:

Oh well, take your time, can't wait for final release.

I'm one of the early beta-tester, and I can say that with this island we can

-Play role play,

-Adapt C.E.G.

-Adapt Gac train,

-Make the best missions,

This island looks like it will be amazing and a must-have.

I love the fact you are using so much custom buildings. I have a lot of respect for the amount of time mapmakers put into their maps, and some of the resulats have been absolutely great yet for all that, the maps always feel like 'more of the same' because they all use the same buildings.

Because of that, even though a map just got released, it feels like more of the same old, same old. This map should completely remedy that by the look of it! :)

I luvz it. :yay::yay: Big city in woodland:yay::yay:

He will also make a second island with touristic city... :yay:

This island looks like it will be amazing and a must-have.

From the pictures, I couldn't agree more.

Hmm - will it have structures like bridges or tunnels <vbeg> that can be blown up in 'real' - i.e. game - time? Lovely big city like that deserves some really ferocious urban warfare :eek:

Cheers

Carl

Hmm - will it have structures like bridges or tunnels <vbeg> that can be blown up in 'real' - i.e. game - time? Lovely big city like that deserves some really ferocious urban warfare

There are about 5 bridges in the capital city and there will be a highway on a bridge running around a mountain, but this highway won't be in this beta. There is a 2km tunnel under the whole capital city as can be seen on a screen shots a couple of posts back, if it will be destructible in game, I don't know yet it does take some time to make these models. But I think that there are enough features so it will be a nice map even without a destructible tunnel (if I choose not to make it destructible). :smile:

Anyway some screen shots of a hospital that I'm working on will be posted in the next couple of days.

You have got me wondering by the way. Will these buildings have 'waypoint spots'? I dont know the correct term for them, but some buildings dont have these house positions, meaning you cant send infantry into these buildings.

Houses that do have these house positions can have infantry patrolling through them thanks to Tophe's House Patrol script, which would be amazing! ^^

You have got me wondering by the way. Will these buildings have 'waypoint spots'? I dont know the correct term for them, but some buildings dont have these house positions, meaning you cant send infantry into these buildings.

Houses that do have these house positions can have infantry patrolling through them thanks to Tophe's House Patrol script, which would be amazing! ^^

Not in this beta because I haven't got enough time to edit each model right now, but in the final version of the island they will definitely have AI paths, after all what's the use of a giant building that AI can't use.

There are about 5 bridges in the capital city and there will be a highway on a bridge running around a mountain, but this highway won't be in this beta. There is a 2km tunnel under the whole capital city as can be seen on a screen shots a couple of posts back, if it will be destructible in game, I don't know yet it does take some time to make these models. But I think that there are enough features so it will be a nice map even without a destructible tunnel (if I choose not to make it destructible). :smile:

Anyway some screen shots of a hospital that I'm working on will be posted in the next couple of days.

Hi Martin

I wouldn't even know how to begin making a model of a building, let alone a whole island, but I imagine it is a helluva lot of work. Very much looking foward to the release :)

Carl

Will that hospital be enterable to some extent at least? I can't wait for Taviana, finally some fresh air from Western styled islands.

Will that hospital be enterable to some extent at least? I can't wait for Taviana, finally some fresh air from Western styled islands.

+1 in that.

I can't even imagine a mission's possibilities opened up with

some really 'functional' buildings like..Hotel (as mentioned by Martin) and.. a functional Hospital or..or..or..

That is fantastic to hear :)

Imagine being able to walk through a big-ass hospital filled with zombies shuffling around ^^

Hi Martin, if you make a hospital, please make an helipad on it...

And maybe make working elevator, like hotel in arma 1 for high custom buildings.

Is the big panelak enterable?

I refresh this topic all the time... it's just for what i live and i imagine many many mods for it and things, ...

Yep, I'm planing that but it won't be enterable in this beta because the model has around 22000 vertecies at the memonet. So I have to make a seperate inside model for the hospital and put them together in Visitor so it seems like one building, but this takes some time and right now I just want to finish everything. After that I'll move on the improving models etc...

Hi Martin, if you make a hospital, please make an helipad on it...

Thanks for the idea, I sure will make it.

And maybe make working elevator, like hotel in arma 1 for high custom buildings.

I will see, I might make it but no promisses.

Is the big panelak enterable?

Yes the first floor is, again this is a big model so I will see later If I make the rest enterable :smile:

EDIT: Also as a surprise me and Thorn are working on a surprise addon which will be included on Taviana, but more screenshots and info later, all I can say is that it has never been done in ArmA 2 or many other video games.

Edited by -Martin-

EDIT: Also as a surprise me and Thorn are working on a surprise addon which will be included on Taviana, but more screenshots and info later, all I can say is that it has never been done in ArmA 2 or many other video games.

:pet13:

Hope you can make it work out alright :)

One thing to keep in mind though is to keep plenty of space to move around inside buildings, we all know that isnt one of ArmA 2's strongest points :p Moving sideways through a door is mostly impossible in most buildings, and hallways are usually small corridors making for some very awkward CQB movement.

I can assure everybody that we're doing our best to make this a really authentic island, with features that may have never been done in any other video games.

There's also a very high possibility that it will be released with a huge campaign.

And about that secret, Martin, should I post a screen or slowly kill everybody with waiting? :)

on a side note Martin -

you said with hotel you would create the outer and inner shell right.

so that being the case, there is no reason why caves cant be built for Arma2?

---------- Post added at 04:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:19 PM ----------

im thinking this will be my Ghost Recon campaign to follow on from the Island Thunder campaign im working on.

will there be an embassy? :)