Sign in to follow this  
Evil_Echo

ECHO fire director

gnarly_rider:

Sorry if this is going to be a bit technical...

Many rounds share similar ballistic characterics. You can safely assume that if the weapon shares the same ballistics table across several ammo types then the dispersion values would be similar as well. Currently I see exactly that for A2's artillery module. So no need to vary dispersion values vs ammo type, just use the settings found for HE rounds.

From a very abstract point of view, you can look at dispersion as purely a geometric effect. The pattern of shell impacts varies directly with distance. All things being constant a pattern 20 meter in diameter at 1km will be 40 at 2km, 60 at 3km, 200 at 10km, etc. You can therefore describe that spread as an angle - and the preferred unit of measurement is the mil. Which represents a spread of 1m at 1km.

For every weapon and ammunition type there is a minimum spread, derived from field tests under a variety of conditions. That minimum spread is called the CEP - circular error probable and is stated in terms of a radius at some distance. You should be able to convert a CEP to mils by dividing the radius ( in meters ) by the range ( in kilometers ). In real life the CEP does increase somewhat with range due to friction and other atmospheric effects. For use in A2, we'll take a sample that best matches the typical range for a mission and use that.

I don't have the numbers for a Podnos handy, but found some data for a couple other systems that might help you get a feel of what to use.

• M252 12.5 mils for a standard HE round and charge 3 setting - 5km.
  • M119 using non-precision rounds I see 8.5 @ 10km and 9.5 @ 20km.
  • Proposed NLOS system spec requires 5.5 @ 30km.

You can find CEP data for many artillery systems via reference books and online resources like Jane's, wikipedia, and various field manuals.

I realise now that I did set the numbers artificially low in the demo mission. But in most fire missions the FSM is using larger mil settings than defined minimum in order to deal with uncertainties in position and groups of targets, just like batteries do in real life. So thankfully the effect of that mistake is relatively minor. Mea culpa, I'll fix it with the next release. :o

The island and sizes of forces we're forced to use, to me doesn't allow realistic ranges. So I've chosen to go with artificially low too, because:

1) You would never be able to get out of range, and have it's location on the map.

2) RAP'ed rounds doesn't exist in the game.

3) Certain munition types can't use all charges.

As everyone is not an expert on the skill of artillery gunnery and the considerations FDC has to make, I make it easy and provide lower ranges all round, for all round types. So I have M119 at 4028-11500 (maximum for charge defined by illumination round), D30 at 4452-11800 (maximum for older type howitzer), and M252 at 768-2167 (very artificial, mission specific). Nothing for the Podnos as enemy will always fire (createVehicle) only when we are within reach anyway. Also consider that the 81/82mm mortars are often used as a replacement for 60mm which is lacking in the game. With the latest beta development, we can change those yields on the fly in the mission (best not change the original ones though, but create new shells that are used).

If you want to go uber realism, consider that variations in charge will always cause larger longitudinal dispersion than lateral, creating an elliptic impact zone. Damn its easy to get out of control with these things :D

Oh, the range dispersion was already mentioned. Serves me right to read posts during a headache.

Edited by CarlGustaffa

Glad to help. And some aspirin for CG, hope that headache is better soon.

echo I wish I was a better scriptor but I think this needs the ability to resupply. If you can do it based on how close it is to a specified object like a truck that would be fantastic. This is an awesome addon.

I did ask a while back for some details or an example of running out of ammo...

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1758571&postcount=94

If I can find a case of this happening ( so far I haven't managed to duplicate in my demo mission ), then I'd be happy to see what can be done to resupply a unit. I just need context first to figure out what to do.

Evil set up a 1 mortar with spotter and some targets. See if he fires more than 8 rounds at it. If not he probably is out of ammo.

Put an EH-fired on him, and let him increase or decrease a setVariable that holds the count each time he fires.

Hey anyone got a download link? I missed it on Armaholic.com before they went down.

gunterlund21:

I set up a varient of my QA test with just one US mortar and 2 squads of RU infantry. CarlGustaffa had the right idea, temporarily added an event handler to that mortar and logged the number of shots fired.

Results show good news and bad news....

The good news is that BIS is reloading the mortars just as suspected from looking at the code for the ARTY module. Internally their routine adds a new magazine when that gun is low on ammo. So the battery is never totally running out of ammo.:cool:

The bad news is that the number of shots fired does not always match the count requested. The reason seems to be some subtlety in how that reload code handles the situation of a partially full magazine. :butbut:

So - it seems you found a bug in the BIS routines. Now what?

1. I'll bundle up my test and file a bug report with BIS. Hopefully they can fix this easily and quickly.
  2. The situation is most obvious when using a battery that has a small amount of ammo available ( e.g. mag size * number of guns ) compared to the typical fire mission. Increasing the number of guns in the battery or changing types would help. I realize that is not always feasible in your mission.
  3. Could attempt to detect the above situation and de-rate that fire mission. The repercussion of that is you might get cases where you're 1-2 rounds short and abort a mission that still could have been effective.
  4. Perhaps attempt one of the following.
    • Attempt a kludge of changing the magazines of the guns prior to executing that fire mission. It would not be a perfect fix, would just make the behavior more consistant. But it is a kludge and a big one at that... :(
    • Write my own version of the BIS routine and use that. It would require tracking future changes by BIS to ensure nothing breaks. Extremely un-keen on that notion.

If you are seeing fire missions stop completely it could be due to the batteries still being busy from a previous mission or the fire director has no targets - assuming the batteries are still alive and spotters functional of course. I am concerned about how the ARTY module blindly adds magazines without garbage collection - not sure how that would impact behavior after a long enough time. My magazine kludge could deal with that as well - ugh.

Your thoughts and opinions are welcome as always.

Edited by Evil_Echo
Added link to bug report

From my experience I've noticed a few things:

1. Not all fire missions reload the artillery, but most do, and sometimes in a weird way (just adding a magazine and not touching the existing one). In any case I didn't see any consistency here. Totally messed up stuff.

2. Fire missions seem to never fire more than 1 magazine per gun in any case. Of I have no idea what happens when the magazine isn't full, due to #1.

Have you considered ditching the arty module and just using the new firing system? Or is that impossible due to missing scripting commands or whatever?

Im not a great scripter but I was looking at the code the R3F boys use for their system. They use a counter to track rounds and unload and load magazines to replenish ammo. May be worth a look. The have AI gunners manning weapons.

From my experience I've noticed a few things:

1. Not all fire missions reload the artillery, but most do, and sometimes in a weird way (just adding a magazine and not touching the existing one). In any case I didn't see any consistency here. Totally messed up stuff.

2. Fire missions seem to never fire more than 1 magazine per gun in any case. Of I have no idea what happens when the magazine isn't full, due to #1.

The fire director does change the number of rounds requested based on the area it's trying to cover. Hope that feature is not being confused with this reload issue.

According to the config files, the M252 has a 8 round magazine.

Here are some entries culled from the last test RPT file - missions that were short in rounds fired in red, missions that sucessfully used more than 1 magazine's worth of ammo in green.

"Fire mission FM-0-CL-0-0, at [6275.49,7821.87,1.78956], 12.5 mils, 8 rounds HE"

"Waiting 54 seconds"

"Shot 1"

"Shot 2"

"Shot 3"

"Shot 4"

"Shot 5"

"Shot 6"

"Shot 7"

"Shot 8"

" Number of active spotters is 1"

"Fire mission FM-0-CL-0-0, at [6261.48,7822.6,1.32871], 12.5 mils, 8 rounds HE"

"Waiting 52 seconds"

"Shot 1"

"Shot 2"

"Shot 3"

"Shot 4"

"Shot 5"

"Shot 6"

"Shot 7"

"Shot 8"

"Fire mission FM-0-CL-0-0, at [6260.42,7821.07,1.13229], 12.5 mils, 6 rounds HE"

"Waiting 52 seconds"

"Shot 1"

"Shot 2"

"Shot 3"

"Shot 4"

"Shot 5"

"Shot 6"

"Fire mission FM-0-CL-0-0, at [6251.19,7826,0.830072], 12.5 mils, 6 rounds HE"

"Waiting 50 seconds"

"Shot 1"

"Shot 2"

"Shot 3"

"Shot 4"

"Shot 5"

"Shot 6"

"Fire mission FM-0-CL-0-0, at [6267.78,7828.74,1.82854], 28.4174 mils, 10 rounds HE"

"Waiting 53 seconds"

"Shot 1"

"Shot 2"

"Shot 3"

"Shot 4"

"Shot 5"

"Shot 6"

"Shot 7"

"Shot 8"

"Fire mission FM-0-CL-0-0, at [6271.38,7824.03,1.71219], 18.8089 mils, 9 rounds HE"

"Waiting 52 seconds"

"Shot 1"

"Shot 2"

"Shot 3"

"Shot 4"

"Shot 5"

"Shot 6"

"Shot 7"

"Shot 8"

"Shot 9"

"Fire mission FM-0-CL-0-0, at [6244.79,7821.7,0.725498], 19.7727 mils, 9 rounds HE"

"Waiting 52 seconds"

"Shot 1"

"Shot 2"

"Shot 3"

"Shot 4"

"Shot 5"

"Shot 6"

"Shot 7"

"Shot 8"

You can see the ARTY module does reload, but not in the way we all like.

Have you considered ditching the arty module and just using the new firing system? Or is that impossible due to missing scripting commands or whatever?

New firing system? The only new system I'm aware of is the new GUI for manual aiming. That is in the ARTY module. If you mean something else, do let me know. I'm open to ideas - would prefer to use BIS's code where possible though.

Im not a great scripter but I was looking at the code the R3F boys use for their system. They use a counter to track rounds and unload and load magazines to replenish ammo. May be worth a look. The have AI gunners manning weapons.

Certainly one good method to track the round count alright. Might end up doing that if I have to force magazine reloads.

Edited by Evil_Echo

Since Armaholic is down, can s.o. plz provide a new mirror for Echo Fire Director plz?

Thx Foxhound worked!

@Echo:

I get an error and entries in the rpt,when i use the scripted version demo mission

Error in expression <tualShell = false;};

_spawnDist = 6;
if (_virtualShell) then
{
if (BIS_ARTY_D>
 Error position: <if (_virtualShell) then
{
if (BIS_ARTY_D>
 Error if: Typ Objekt, erwartet Bool
File ca\modules\ARTY\data\scripts\ARTY_ShellFlight.sqf, line 71

I am using -showscripterrors.

Neverthelss the script does its job.

It is the best one on that topic i ever tested, thx for ya effort m8!

Keep on the work!

Edited by Nephris1

Nephris1:

Something is wrong with the initialization of at least one of your batteries. Be sure you are not using virtual artillery, have to place the real thing. Otherwise, did you sync the module to the actual gun group?

Synching is no longer needed for players to use the aiming system, but is definitely still required here.

Right on dude, just realized you are from Nor Cal. My family lives in Rohnert Park

I tried foxhounds link but it didn't work. Any chance of another link

I've got the same error.

piccy

I've checked the mission and the ARTY module is synched up to the battery leader. The artillery still works but I'm not sure what's causing it.

Das Attorney:

Something is not right, there should be zero error messages ever from this product. Sorry, have to ask....

Did you get the download from the primary armaholic server or the .eu site that Foxhound mentioned? Using beta or 1.07 vanilla, any mods? Waited for both functions and arty module to initialize?

Otherwise I'm going to need a sample mission or rpt file - something to tell me what is going on. If the init.sqf is short you and/or Nephris1 can post them here - otherwise we're going to need some way to look over the mission and log file.

Edited by Evil_Echo

I ran the mission again under 1.54 and there's no errors. Looks like the newest beta (or a recent one) is responsible.

I can send you the mission if you want to have a poke through it for yourself.

Here's the rpt for the mission when running the new beta. As you can see, there's lots of errors from other mods, but they didn't cause a problem under 1.54 (72888 I think).

=====================================================================
== C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe
== "C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -nosplash -noFilePatching -ShowScriptErrors -world=empty -cpucount=4 "-mod=C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\@UKF_Challenger_2;C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\@Tracers;C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\BAF;C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta;C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta\Expansion;@UKF;@JSRS-W;@JSRS-VW;@JSRS-V;@JSRS-E;@3Rifle;@Typhoon;@CBA" 
=====================================================================
Exe timestamp: 2010/09/29 19:54:29
Current time:  2010/10/04 22:43:56

Version 1.54.73643
Checking DLC for update.
DLC check complete.
Item str_disp_server_control listed twice
Item 4 listed twice
Item 4 listed twice
Conflicting addon STKR_BritMTP in 'stkr_britmtp_oacfg\', previous definition in 'stkr_britmtp_arma2cfg\'
Conflicting addon JSRS_Sonic_Cracks in 'jsrs_sonic_cracks_c\', previous definition in 'jsrs_explosions_c\'
Conflicting addon JSRS_Mi17 in 'jsrs_mi17_c\', previous definition in 'jsrs_ka50_c\'
Conflicting addon JSRS_AH64E in 'jsrs_mi24_c\', previous definition in 'jsrs_ah64e_c\'
Conflicting addon JSRS_CAWeapons_E in 'jsrs_sa61_c\', previous definition in 'jsrs_m4a3_c\'
Conflicting addon HotFix_OA in 'ca\hotfix_oa_154\', previous definition in 'ca\hotfix_oa\'
Item str_disp_left listed twice
Conflicting addon CA_Dubbing in 'ca\dubbing\', previous definition in 'jsrs_radio_chatter_c\'
Updating base class ->Default, by ukf_shared\config.bin/CfgMagazines/CA_Magazine/
Updating base class ->MGunCore, by ukf_shared\config.bin/cfgWeapons/MGun/
Updating base class ->BulletCore, by ca\weapons\config.bin/CfgAmmo/BulletBase/
Updating base class ->BulletBase, by ca\weapons\config.bin/CfgAmmo/B_762x51_Ball/
Updating base class ->BulletBase, by ca\weapons\config.bin/CfgAmmo/B_25mm_HE/
Updating base class ->BulletBase, by ca\weapons\config.bin/CfgAmmo/B_25mm_APDS/
Updating base class ->GrenadeBase, by ca\weapons\config.bin/CfgAmmo/G_30mm_HE/
Updating base class ->ShellBase, by ca\weapons\config.bin/CfgAmmo/Sh_105_HE/
Updating base class ->ShellBase, by ca\weapons\config.bin/CfgAmmo/Sh_120_HE/
Updating base class ->ShellBase, by ca\weapons\config.bin/CfgAmmo/Sh_120_SABOT/
Updating base class ->RocketCore, by ca\weapons\config.bin/CfgAmmo/RocketBase/
Updating base class ->MissileCore, by ca\weapons\config.bin/CfgAmmo/MissileBase/
Updating base class ->CA_Magazine, by ca\weapons\config.bin/CfgMagazines/VehicleMagazine/
Updating base class ->CA_Magazine, by ca\weapons\config.bin/CfgMagazines/100Rnd_762x51_M240/
Updating base class ->VehicleMagazine, by ca\weapons\config.bin/CfgMagazines/300Rnd_25mm_GAU12/
Updating base class ->VehicleMagazine, by ca\weapons\config.bin/CfgMagazines/30Rnd_105mmHE_M119/
Updating base class ->MGun, by ca\weapons\config.bin/cfgWeapons/M240_veh/manual/
Updating base class ->CannonCore, by ca\weapons\config.bin/cfgWeapons/M119/
Updating base class ->CannonCore, by ca\weapons\config.bin/cfgWeapons/M256/
Updating base class ->LauncherCore, by ca\weapons\config.bin/cfgWeapons/RocketPods/
Updating base class ->LauncherCore, by ca\weapons\config.bin/cfgWeapons/MissileLauncher/
Updating base class manual->Mode_FullAuto, by jsrs_mk48_c\config.bin/CfgWeapons/Mk_48/manual/
Updating base class B_9x18_Ball->BulletBase, by jsrs_sonic_cracks_c\config.bin/CfgAmmo/B_9x19_Ball/
Updating base class ->Man, by ca\characters\config.bin/CfgVehicles/CAManBase/
Updating base class MGun->Mode_FullAuto, by jsrs_m240coax_c\config.bin/CfgWeapons/M240_veh/manual/
Updating base class USMC_Soldier->US_Soldier_EP1, by stkr_britmtp_oacfg\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/STKR_BritMTP_SL/
Updating base class USMC_Soldier->US_Soldier_EP1, by stkr_britmtp_oacfg\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/STKR_BritMTP_R/
Updating base class USMC_Soldier->US_Soldier_EP1, by stkr_britmtp_oacfg\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/STKR_BritMTP_MK/
Updating base class USMC_Soldier->US_Soldier_EP1, by stkr_britmtp_oacfg\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/STKR_BritMTP_G/
Updating base class USMC_Soldier->US_Soldier_EP1, by stkr_britmtp_oacfg\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/STKR_BritMTP_E/
Updating base class USMC_Soldier_Medic->US_Soldier_Medic_EP1, by stkr_britmtp_oacfg\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/STKR_BritMTP_M/
Updating base class USMC_Soldier->US_Soldier_EP1, by stkr_britmtp_oacfg\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/STKR_BritMTP_TL/
Updating base class USMC_Soldier->US_Soldier_Sniper_EP1, by stkr_britmtp_oacfg\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/STKR_BritMTP_S/
Updating base class USMC_Soldier->US_Soldier_EP1, by stkr_britmtp_oacfg\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/STKR_BritMTP_AT/
Updating base class USMC_Soldier->US_Soldier_EP1, by stkr_britmtp_oacfg\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/STKR_BritMTP_AR/
Updating base class USMC_Soldier->US_Soldier_EP1, by stkr_britmtp_oacfg\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/STKR_BritMTP_RL/
Updating base class USMC_Soldier->US_Soldier_EP1, by stkr_britmtp_oacfg\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/STKR_BritMTP_LG/
Updating base class USMC_Soldier->US_Soldier_EP1, by stkr_britmtp_oacfg\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/STKR_BritMTP_LS/
Updating base class ->USMC_Soldier_Base, by ca\characters2\config.bin/CfgVehicles/USMC_Soldier/
Updating base class ->USMC_Soldier_Base, by ca\characters2\config.bin/CfgVehicles/USMC_Soldier_Medic/
Updating base class ->US_Soldier_Base_EP1, by ca\characters_e\config.bin/CfgVehicles/US_Soldier_EP1/
Updating base class ->US_Soldier_Base_EP1, by ca\characters_e\config.bin/CfgVehicles/US_Soldier_Medic_EP1/
Updating base class ->US_Soldier_Base_EP1, by ca\characters_e\config.bin/CfgVehicles/US_Soldier_Sniper_EP1/
Updating base class ->SCAR_L_CQC, by ca\weapons_e\scar\config.bin/CfgWeapons/SCAR_L_CQC_CCO_SD/
Updating base class Mode_SemiAuto->SCAR_H_Single, by jsrs_scar_h_c\config.bin/CfgWeapons/SCAR_H_LNG_Sniper_SD/SCAR_H_SD_Single/
Updating base class Mode_FullAuto->SCAR_H_FullAuto, by jsrs_scar_h_c\config.bin/CfgWeapons/SCAR_H_LNG_Sniper_SD/SCAR_H_SD_FullAuto/
Updating base class Sounds->, by jsrs_abrams_c\config.bin/CfgVehicles/M1A1/Sounds/
Updating base class Engine->, by jsrs_abrams_c\config.bin/CfgVehicles/M1A1/Sounds/Engine/
String STR_BAF_CFGMAGAZINES_BAF_PUTIED_V10 not found
Warning: looped for animation: ca\wheeled\data\anim\uaz_cargo01_v0.rtm differs (looped now 0)! MoveName: kia_uaz_cargo02
Warning: looped for animation: ca\wheeled\data\anim\uaz_cargo01_v0.rtm differs (looped now 1)! MoveName: uaz_cargo02
Speaker Male03_BAF not found in CfgVoiceTypes
[3019,69.143,0,"XEH: PreInit Started"]
[3019,69.237,0,"MISSINIT","OA_Invasion_2","Chernarus",false,true,false]
[3019,70.175,0,"XEH: PreInit Finished"]
[3021,73.224,0,"XEH: PostInit Started"]
[3023,73.721,0,"CBA_VERSIONING",["#CBA_HASH#",["cba"],[[[0,6,0,126],-1]],[[0,0,0],0]]]
[3039,75.864,0,"XEH: PostInit Finished; [true,false,false,true,false,true,true,true,true,0]"]
"--------------------------------"
"UPSMON started"
Cannot load sound 'ca\dubbing\global\radio\male04\ru\wereheavilydamagede.wss'
Cannot load sound 'ca\dubbing\global\radio\male04\ru\wereheavilydamagede.wss'
User menu description 'BIS_MENU_GroupCommunication' not defined.

_spawnDist = 6;
if (_virtualShell) then
{
if (BIS_ARTY_D>
{
if (BIS_ARTY_D>
 Error if: Type Object, expected Bool

_spawnDist = 6;
if (_virtualShell) then
{
if (BIS_ARTY_D>
{
if (BIS_ARTY_D>

_spawnDist = 6;
if (_virtualShell) then
{
if (BIS_ARTY_D>
{
if (BIS_ARTY_D>

_spawnDist = 6;
if (_virtualShell) then
{
if (BIS_ARTY_D>
{
if (BIS_ARTY_D>
Cannot load sound 'jsrs_enviroment\sfx\sfx\meadow-day_04.wss'

_spawnDist = 6;
if (_virtualShell) then
{
if (BIS_ARTY_D>
{
if (BIS_ARTY_D>
Cannot load sound 'jsrs_enviroment\sfx\sfx\meadow-day_02.wss'
Cannot load sound 'jsrs_enviroment\sfx\sfx\meadow-day_05.wss'
Cannot load sound 'jsrs_enviroment\sfx\sfx\meadow-day_05.wss'

_spawnDist = 6;
if (_virtualShell) then
{
if (BIS_ARTY_D>
{
if (BIS_ARTY_D>

_spawnDist = 6;
if (_virtualShell) then
{
if (BIS_ARTY_D>
{
if (BIS_ARTY_D>

_spawnDist = 6;
if (_virtualShell) then
{
if (BIS_ARTY_D>
{
if (BIS_ARTY_D>

_spawnDist = 6;
if (_virtualShell) then
{
if (BIS_ARTY_D>
{
if (BIS_ARTY_D>
"Number of active batteries is 1"
"Fire Director Done"
Cannot load sound 'ca\dubbing\global\radio\male04\ru\enemyfiree.wss'
Cannot load sound 'ca\dubbing\global\radio\male04\ru\enemyfiree.wss'
Cannot load sound 'ca\dubbing\global\radio\male04\ru\noenemiesinsight.wss'
Cannot load sound 'ca\dubbing\global\radio\male04\ru\noenemiesinsight.wss'

Let me know if you need further info.

EDIT: Here's the init for the mission:

#include "ECHO_PATHS.hpp"

private ["_ru_spotters", "_ru_batteries"];

//Fade in on mission start

titleCut ["", "BLACK IN", 10];
"dynamicBlur" ppEffectEnable true;   
"dynamicBlur" ppEffectAdjust [6];   
"dynamicBlur" ppEffectCommit 0;     
"dynamicBlur" ppEffectAdjust [0.0];  
"dynamicBlur" ppEffectCommit 7;

// JIP fix 

//if ((!isServer) && (player != player)) then
//{
 //waitUntil {player == player};
//};

//Init UPSMON

if (isServer) then
{
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "scripts\Init_UPSMON.sqf";	
};

// Init Mando Missiles

[false] execVM "mando_missiles\mando_missileinit.sqf";

// Wait for Mando Missile script suite initialization

waitUntil {!isNil "mando_missile_init_done"};
waitUntil {mando_missile_init_done};

// Default systems setup

[] execVM "mando_missiles\mando_setup_full.sqf";

// Minimum altitude for Air units to be detected by radar

mando_minairalt = 30;

// Add Mando Console

[]spawn
{
  while {!alive player} do
  {
     Sleep 1;
  };

titleText["Obligatory message", "PLAIN DOWN"];

[] execVM "my_console_setup.sqf";
};

// Disable conversation options

player setVariable ["BIS_noCoreConversations", true];

// Sets 1 Section's names

ls1 setIdentity "Dave";
ls2 setIdentity "Pete";
ic2 setIdentity "Dan";
r1 setIdentity "Tom";
r2 setIdentity "Grant";
g1 setIdentity "Jason";
g2 setIdentity "Irfan";

// Loads 1 Section's weapon kit

[] exec "sheffield_steel.sqs";

// Makes UPSMON partrol markers invisible

"detha" setMarkerAlpha 0;
"MortarPosition" setMarkerAlpha 0;
"bata" setMarkerAlpha 0;
"def" setMarkerAlpha 0;
"bak" setMarkerAlpha 0;
"Sol" setMarkerAlpha 0;
"kil" setMarkerAlpha 0;

// Simulated Torm 1 Launcher on BTR-90 & add Patriot missile system to HMS Devonshire

if (isServer) then
{
  _posunit = 1;	// 0 driver, 1 gunner
  _posunitfish = 0;	// 0 driver, 1 gunner
  _ttype = ["Air"];	// Target type
  _quantity = 12;
  _minrange = 500;
  _maxrange = 7000;
  _maxrangefish = 4000;
  _rof = 12;	// Up to 12 launches per minute
  _pos = [0,0,0];	// Position of missile model relative to firer
  _posfish = [0,0,20];	// Position of missile model relative to firer
  _scan = 360;	// Arc to scan around
  _mink = 0;	// No need to have knowsabout about the target to lock on it
  _enemies = [];
  _antimissile = true;
  _fixed_firing_direction = false;
  _initially_active = true;
  _vangle = 85;

[tor1, _posunit, _ttype, _quantity, _minrange, _maxrange, _rof, _pos, _scan, _mink, _enemies, _antimissile, _fixed_firing_direction, _initially_active, false, _vangle]exec"mando_missiles\units\attackers\mando_torm1.sqs";
  Sleep 1;
  [fishy, _posunitfish, _ttype, _quantity, _minrange, _maxrangefish, _rof, _posfish, _scan, _mink, _enemies, _antimissile, _fixed_firing_direction, _initially_active, false, 30]exec"mando_missiles\units\attackers\mando_torm1.sqs";
};

// ECHO artillery

if ( isServer ) then
{
_ru_batteries = [A_Battery];
_ru_spotters = [OB1, OB2, OB3];

waituntil { not isNil "bis_fnc_init"};
waitUntil { not isNil "BIS_ARTY_LOADED"};

FD_US = [_ru_spotters, _ru_batteries, 60, 25, 0] execFSM ECHO_FD_FSMDIR+"FireDirector.fsm";
};

// Add mission text

[] execVM "start_text.sqf";

processInitCommands;

//Finish world initialization before mission is launched

finishMissionInit;

//dummy = execVM "briefing.sqf";

//call{[600] execVM "coop_essential\cep_init.sqf";};

//Process statements stored using setVehicleInit

//if(true) exitWith {};

Edited by Das Attorney

Thanks DA. Your mission's init.sqf looks clean from my POV. I would consider setting the new spotter and battery parameters to be extra-sure you're getting exactly the behavior you'd like.

I'd tested my stuff under 1.54 vanilla - it does seem likely that the beta has some new issue. Are you up to filing a bug report on CIT about this?

Doesn't the new addition also allow you to command AI to fire at a location without an artillery module placed in the mission?

Had not heard that, galzohar. Not saying you're wrong though.