Sign in to follow this  
Leopotam

Blender import / export plugins

You forgot about fire/geometry/shadow for pilot/gunner/cargo/commander :)

Exporter v0.3.13:

* Compatibility with r45996 (2.63) (patch from Alwarren).

Importer v0.2.10:

* Compatibility with r45996 (2.63).

First post updated.

Edited by Leopotam

Thank you very much for the fast update... :)

Wow, can't believe I only just found this thread.

Great work and very much appreciated. Look I've got tears of joy running down my cheek, either that or I have been staring at the blisteringly white O2 screen for too long.

Hello guys. Having problem importing to oxygen 2 . I have a model that I did using a mirror modifier, and also divided it ) in different parts.(objects)I guess is the right way to say it. they are (main body, wheels and door). i try selecting all the parts using the box selection like in the video tutorial and then exporting to pd3. problem is that when i open it on oxygen i only get one of the parts and half of the main body is missing (mirror modifier). Any body know what i may be doing wrong???, by the way great work! ;) Should i model just using one object and no mirror modifier? FYI i was able to do it with the monkeys! :D

Edited by Odyseus

1. collapse the modifier stack before export

2. most of the time, in most 3d apps (i am not an avid blender user) mirror will invert the normals. Check if you have those normals inverted

If i remember correctly only the active object is beeing exported. So Maybe try making a backup and join all objects into one before exporting to p3d.

Hello guys. Having problem importing to oxygen 2 .

You do something wrong, O2 the best of the best modeling program!!!111

I have a model that I did using a mirror modifier, and also divided it ) in different parts.(objects)

All modifiers must be collapsed and transform applied (ctrl+a, apply scale + rotation).

I guess is the right way to say it. they are (main body, wheels and door). i try selecting all the parts using the box selection like in the video tutorial and then exporting to pd3. problem is that when i open it on oxygen i only get one of the parts and half of the main body is missing (mirror modifier).

When you selected more than one object, you export all of them as lods of one model based of lod distance each of them. If you want to do export some parts as selections of one lod, you must join them to one mesh and mark different selections as vertex groups (name of vertex group = nam of selection).

FYI i was able to do it with the monkeys! :D

You want to kill monkeys instead rabbits? :)

Edited by Leopotam

LOL I try what you sugested. ctral+a, apply scale + rotation. The mirror modifier still does not work. i try with a box and only half of box shows up

@Odyseus: If you did what PuFu said it would be impossible to get your problem. Collapsing the modifier stack means that you have to apply all modifiers before exporting. The modifiers only work inside Blender not in Arma2 and O2.

I did what you guys suggested. I also did what Pufu told me. By the way thx guys. I check the normals and faces. It looks fine. DualJoe are you trying to tell me i should not use the mirror modifier?

No you should definitely use the modifiers, I couldn't live without them myself, but only while modeling in Blender.

As soon as you export you should apply all modifiers. You don't need to save your blend-file with applied modifiers, you can do it temporarily before exporting and not save the blend-file.

Leopotam, thank you so much for this plugin. When I export my model with UV's it does not seem to retain its texture. I can fix this by loading my model and resetting the texture in O2's UV editor. is there something I am missing to retain the texture when applied to my UV in Blender or is this a necessary step?

Leopotam, thank you so much for this plugin. When I export my model with UV's it does not seem to retain its texture. I can fix this by loading my model and resetting the texture in O2's UV editor. is there something I am missing to retain the texture when applied to my UV in Blender or is this a necessary step?

Plugin export only UV data, not graphic content, so, you need setup materials (shaders, textures and so on) in O2 manually.

Plugin export only UV data, not graphic content, so, you need setup materials (shaders, textures and so on) in O2 manually.

Thanks Leopotam, I just wanted to make sure I was spending as little time as possible in O2 lol.

http://www.blender.org/development/release-logs/blender-265/

"The decimator was rewritten, and now preserves UV's and vertex colors, has an un-subdivide and a mode to dissolve vertices to create planar n-gons. A new laplacian smooth modifier can reduce noise or smooth the mesh while preserving edges and volume. A triangulate modifier was also added, which can be useful for creating game assets with baked normal maps."

Hi,

I can not find your python scripts to import files in blender p3d aniwhere,

it is possible to repost the last version ?

Thank you in advance.

Sorry for my english, I'm french.

Fred

Does anyone have a link for this plugin? I have looked all over for it and had to make a account on these forums just to try to find this plugin and come here and ask for assistance to find it.