Sign in to follow this  
Leopotam

Blender import / export plugins

I followed the steps in the video, but the import window doesnt pop up even though the addon in checked. I have 2.54 though.

What about max plugin?

what about it?

It's a pitty, that you have quit developing this plugin Leopotam, because work in Blender is much easier than in O2. Skilled modeller is able to make one model in a day in that program. I'm a big fan of Blender myself and I've got some work for ArmA done in Blender (for example Tatra 815-7 family trucks), but i can't work with O2 so making distance lods and such is for me something disgusting. I've tried to install those plugins, but it doesn't work - there's always some error. Maybe it works only in the r31638 relase, which is no more available. :( If you guys could post it to me by e-mail, I would really appreciate it.

@Jarinator-

I got it to work with the 31661 release by Zebulon. I haven't tried any since then, though. I think it is possible to find a release that accepts these addons, but it takes some trial and error.

I also agree that it is premature for Leopotam to give up on this. Perhaps those of us using it can help keep the current version alive, so he can see the value of it, or inspire someone else to pick up the work. :)

T

hehe

Depending on your hardware, look for any build by Zebulon. I think the one I am using is the athlon-xp sse laa version, and is packaged with a non-sse version, too. Check your hardware for which version might be best for you. :)

If you still have problems, I'll upload what I have for you. :)

I've tried 6 more builds but no one seems to work. Always same error. ('Mesh' has no atribute 'Vertice'). I'm not friend with Python so I don't know what's wrong.

Yess... Thank you very much. It seems to work now. But It's not as simple as it look like. I will have to get it somehow...

Importer v0.2.4:

* Compatibility with r33949 (2.56beta).

Exporter v0.3.8:

* Compatibility with r33949 (2.56beta).

Uses only standard releases, not tested with trunk builds.

First post updated.

Edited by Leopotam

So, is this going anywhere? I haven't tried it yet as I just finished installing and updating all the games, patches and tools. I've been away for a year but want to get back into modelling and island creation. From what I've read, this looks very promising.

They work - and even if no further improvements are made, I find them useful. :)

I spent an hour to transform tris into quads yesterday and today I see this upade, so I try to use this plugin again(didnt work in the past) and now It works. -.- Which means thank you! :D

Edited by ziiip

I spent an hour to transform tris into quads yesterday and today I see this upade, so I try to use this plugin again(didnt work in the past) and now It works. -.- Which means thank you! :D

Triangulate: in edit mode select geometry and press Ctrl+T.

P.S. To reverse to quads press Alt+J.

Gnat;1826460']Wow!

He's back with an update. Thanks Leopotam !

God what a relief!

As my little Mi-24-A project was gaining in complexity I've decided to give this a serious crack. Will let you know if I fall on my face.

Importer v0.2.5:

* Bugfix in selection assign.

First post updated.

Wow, its really sweet that the UV map can be exported too! If there was a "vote for best community tool", you would earn my vote for sure. ;)

Edited by ziiip

Top shelf stuff!!!! Thanks Leopotam!

One of the beauties of Blender is I can do a lot of my modelling on my wife's faster... and linux powered... computer! I've been learning how to map but am running into a lack of the models I want and with this I might just have to get back to modelling again :D