Sign in to follow this  
tonygrunt

Logitech G35 Headset switches in 2 channel mode instead of 7.1 in OA

When starting Operation Arrowhead I get an entry in ArmA2OA.RPT:

Error: Audio - enumeration output devices failed.

Warning: Audio device creation failed, attempt to create default audio:

SamplesPerSec: 44100, channels: 2, bitsPerSample: 16

Audio device successfully created with default settings.

In comparison ArmA2 1.07 doesn't have any problem.

Run simultaneously ArmA2:OA CO and ArmA2 1.07 with a tunguska in Utes

and task changing between them I could hear the sound difference.

Tested and reproduced with Steam 71612, Beta 72418, Beta 72716.

Anyone else with a Logitech G35 Headset can test it?

I have nothing but problems trying to use my G35 headset with Arma2 OA. It loads but no display and I just see Arma2 running in the task manager.

I am running Windows7 64bit

=====================================================================

== C:\Program Files (x86)\ArmA 2 OA\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe

== "C:\Program Files (x86)\ArmA 2 OA\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash -window -winxp

=====================================================================

Exe timestamp: 2010/08/09 13:25:46

Current time: 2010/08/15 01:00:19

Item str_disp_server_control listed twice

Cannot register unknown string STR_DISP_LEFT

Updating base class ->RscText, by ca\ui\config.bin/RscSplashText/

Strange, i have those too and no problems. G35 driver recognizes Arma2 / OA as surround source and it displays so in the surround panel (The date below the surround symbol). I've checked the logfile and found no error message anyway. And ingame sound looks fine too.

But, i am having sporadic freezes and game keeps using cpu but it isn't responding, i have to open taskman and kill the process. Maybe it's related to what is happening to you DirtDog i don't know, but you say "it loads but no display", do you mean that the game doesn't load at all? If that is the case i've never had that problem. I'm using W7 x64 too.

I think there is a parameter to start the game with openal library, i think it's -openal

You may want to try that one.

Thanks all for your feedback, found a workaround.

I have enabled also the onboard Realtek Audio, if I disable it OA starts without any problems in ArmA2OA.RPT and the G35 surround panel recognizes a surround source.

--------------------------------------------

PS: Problem fixed with reinstalling the Realtek Audio Drivers.

Edited by TonyGrunt

Tks Vixent - I started OA and again it shows in Task Manager as running but does not start (no OA display and OA task at bottom of the screen bar disappears). I then added the -openal to my short cut properties and to my surprise OA start displaying and working. I did not restart OA, it was running in the task manager, just no display or task showing on windows. It just started running. I have closed it down several times are restarted it and it is working.

However I report back later. This has happened several times where it OA runs fine for a day. Then the next day it will not start with G35 running. I have reboot windows7 with the G35 not plugged-in and not use it to get OA to run. If I plug-in G25 then try to start OA it does not run (as described above). Again I will have to reboot the system without G35 to get OA to run, not using G35 headset.

I don't understand your comment "... surround source and it displays in the sound panel" What sound panel? Windows control panel sound? Under my G35 software I only have a G35 configure program.

FYI - I run OA mostly in windowed mode and I am using the latest OA beta

"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArmA 2 OA\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash -window -winxp -openal

I meant this:

g35panel.jpg

The date is in spanish format (day/month/year). This displays the last program that was ran that sent surround/7.1 sound data to the headset.

I am using latest beta too. :S

Tks Vixente, I get this also. I thought you were talking about detection that indicated which game for the sound. Some indicator that was game specific.