Sign in to follow this  
Arska134

First Softwares for You v.1.01 (Console edition)

Hi!

I got this idea when my friend installed Windows again and when he used Internet Explorer for searching antivirus software. In few minutes he got troijans and then i was thinking if there is program which downloads all needed softwares without opening web browser.

So now i made one with C++ and libcurl.

fsy.png

Now you can download these freeware softwares easily and without risk your computer with Internet Explorer which have many security holes. I made this program small as possible so it's easy to put where every you want.

I put allmost all softwares to im2clan.com webspace to there is 100 % safe to download files.

Download it from here:

im2clan.com/FSY1.01.zip

I made it for my own use put i think many other needs it aswell. It's good to have in memory stick or somewhere so you can use it if you format your computer or something.

If you want more diffrent softwares for FSY, tell me.

List of softwares:

Tested OS: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7.

While i applaud your attempt to help others get over this dodgy subject i have to get my PoV across on this.

LOCK DOWN WINDOWS SERVICES BEFORE YOU EVEN INITIATE YOUR NETWORK.

IMHO Software firewalls and all that rubbish are a waste of time effort and solve nothing. Nothing that cant be manually solved with a bit of research and education.

A few hours educating yourself as to the possible major security leaks in windows and a little research into the nature of the "hack/exploit" shows you that you don't need any of those apps that just "mask" a problem.

Simply put, an exploit/hack needs a 2 way communication if you "snip off" that reply your computer gives then you will never be exploited. This includes vulnerable windows services and process'. Turn off whats exploitable turn off what you don't need and learn to lock down your computer so you don't need any of those masking apps which falsely claim to "protect you" and usually hog resources.

Software firewalls are the biggest fallacy, given that your computer does MANY things its a bit ridiculous to lay blind hope in an app that needs much more resources that your personal computer can handle effectively. If your going to use a firewall use a hardware one ( usually NAT transversal/built in firewall copes on most routers ) These are mostly unix/linux based which is the most effective type.

Ok so there maybe a few exceptions to this rule but i will tell you the ONLY app i use to stop this sort of thing installed on my computer, is Spybot Search and destroy. I haven't used a software firewall OR an anti virus app for over 6 years now and the only time my computer has been compromised with stupid things was ENTIRELY MY FAULT.

Download and surf on/from "Trusted sites" use a web email that has virus scanning resources online NOT the likes of outlook express etc this is usually in my experience the first avenue to getting your computer infected.

These sort of apps count on the fact that the avg computer user has no clue and doesn't want to spend the time learning. Well when they get hacked/exploited its no-bodies fault but their own. Successful firewalls/anti- virus' become a target for hackers they write apps just to circumvent these apps as they are the most used.

Believing that these security apps will protect your computer will only lead eventually to your demise.

An excellent website to start learning about vulnerable windows services and what you don't need is here:

http://www.blackviper.com/

GJ for trying to help with that tho Arska134, the internet needs more people like yourself.

Arska, its not the web browser that made the PC get infected. It are as b0b already said, security holes inside of Windows. The PC would got infected within minutes also without opening the web browser, it doesnt matter. Thats why, you need to install all to day released Windows Updates before you connect this computer to the internet. There are frequently updated packages out there with Windows Updates (recommended).

For example i did install Windows XP for a friend at his new computer with Service Pack 3. There were something about 110 Updates released since Service Pack 3 for Windows XP.