Sign in to follow this  
JDog

USS Nimitz - WIP

Hi Vulc@no, glad I could compel you to register, hope you'll be active on here :)

Unfortunately my "closed beta" solution is the couple friends who've been helping me see what does/doesn't work in multiplayer, but it shouldn't be too long til a first release. Very few things left to wrap up for an initial release/beta. :)

in the album with all the pictures, is saw two f-18s there, will they come with the release aswell???

No. Atleast one of them is the Project RACS hornet, and I suspect the other one is either ours too, or ANZAC's. They are not part of JDogs project. He was given those to test & play around with on his carrier.

ah oke, but you have any idea of when those f-18s of Project RACS or anzacs being released?

ok, thx for your comment Jdog,

i will stop the work at my mp_mission, and will wait to your release

No. Atleast one of them is the Project RACS hornet, and I suspect the other one is either ours too, or ANZAC's. They are not part of JDogs project. He was given those to test & play around with on his carrier.

:yeahthat:

ah oke, but you have any idea of when those f-18s of Project RACS or anzacs being released?

Take the question to the respected threads relating to the works please. Stay on topic ^^ (Not trying to sound high and mighty, just don't want to see an F-18 fight here)

Hope things are running cool JDog ^^ Good work with it so far man :D

a simple question,

is a special plane needed for catapult start and landing with cable ?

or use scripts for that ?

@SigInt - Don't worry, I sent him a PM about the hornets.

@Vulcano - He uses scripting for the catapult and arrestor cables.

Though it doesn't mean people should be throwing A-10s off the deck just because they can script it :P Hehe, just teasing XD Haha Don't think people would anyway XD Just making a bad joke ^^

But yeah, scripting should mean you don't need to use any special version of Carrier Based aircraft haha

Damn, now the idea for comical youtube videos of launching those aircraft from the deck come to mind when it's released! XD Damn!

@Vulcano - He uses scripting for the catapult and arrestor cables.

nice, thx for info,

for more quality mission, i use only vehicles with a good wrack modell,

i mean the F-14 Tomcat from IkaR havn´t this and the F-15 Eagle by Southy havnt this too

only the F16 have wrack modell

Screw the A-10 I'm going for the C-130. Actually make that the AN-225. :D

On-topic: great stuff JDog. if you're having trouble thinking about what to do with the hangar deck a la detail, why not just copy the design of the hangar deck of the LHD-9 Khe sahn? not many people know this, but you can actually walk to the hangar deck using the railings on the left side of the ship. it's not really great detail, and AFAIK it's in the wrong position on the ship, but it has enough details to look the part, and besides, what else do you need other than that?

khesahnhangarsmall.jpg

Screw the A-10 I'm going for the C-130. Actually make that the AN-225. :D

I wanna see this, make sure your filming it :p

It looks very promising :)

I can't help myself hoping for a F18, would be a shame to only be able use the F14 on this carrier. I could live with that, sure, but I have so many nice memories from the Nimitz and the F18 from ArmA1

arma2008-11-1414-54-30-75.jpg

arma2008-11-1414-56-39-98.jpg

Keep it up JDog !

Show off! Now, wheres that Wings of Russia addon!? Get that ready for carrier landings! Lol now back onto topic XD

JDog, how is she coming along? ^^ Smoothly I hope. Also hope school and other things aren't being a pain in the ass as well! Can't have you getting all ruffled up due to such a mess. ^^

Coming along well Sigint. In "final touches before release" stage. Added detail around the deck: safety netting, life raft canisters, antenna, and added more beams to the hangar bay, fixed some textures in areas. I have two things left on my "first release" to-do list to texture real quick, then I just gotta write up a good readme/guide, and then... yup :)

It won't be totally done for a while though, still stuff I want/need to add to it as an update(s). More or less releasing in WIP state, but its good enough for people to play with now. The bridge will just be empty nothingness right now, no davits yet for CRRCs, no additional prop models for mission-makers to use (except a simple flight training marker/ring), and unfortunately no ship armaments yet. So we're an update or two away from this thing being a fully armed and operational battle station.

A few shots, tried getting angles I haven't yet:

arma22011-02-2114-05-17-02.jpg

arma22011-02-2114-06-32-63.jpg

arma22011-02-2114-07-43-12.jpg

arma22011-02-2114-12-34-92.jpg

Anyway... it's imminent, sometime this week (gah I hate saying stuff like that) I'm thinking.

looks great!

I can't wait to build a domination mission around it!

:yay:Looking good dude. Now add in the eddy d ammo carts, an A frame, some cruise boxes, a tossed tie down chain or two and it will be like home again. Two thumbs and a toe up dude.

In the spirit of CYA I hereby declare that a week is 33 days. :D

Looks fantastic JDog. The Hull could probably use a little bit of wear, it looks a bit too plastic grey, but can wait.