Sign in to follow this  
JDog

USS Nimitz - WIP

1. Fucking awesome shit, I want it now :D

2. LOL @Operation Lunchbox

3. Nice loading screen, JDog. Where did you get it? :)

Omg Ace Combat is the shit. Never played 1, 2 was good, didn't care much for 3... 4, 5 and 6 were fantastic. I actually picked up the bundle with the Hori flight stick for 5 haha, too bad I can't use it on the comp. The cinematic of the Kestrel sinking in 5 was awesome. Can't wait for Assault Horizon. One thing that series does, whether it unrealistic or not, is letting you hear all the enemy conversation. Seriously all the nonstop radio chatter keeps the action going and its real immersive.

Loading screen... I use a bunch of miscellaneous mods, I think its one of those but idk which. sap_clutter, ike_hud, sakusun are likely. Too lazy to check each one though.

If anyone experienced is out there and wants/has time to help, I could sure use some with making good textures and the maps. I'm not very skilled in that department and honestly am losing interest in working on this alone. Not to say I won't finish it heh, just not with as much as I would have liked. Otherwise I'll probably just get as much done as I can just so people can play with it, then maybe down the road upgrade it or something.

If anyone experienced is out there and wants/has time to help, I could sure use some with making good textures and the maps. I'm not very skilled in that department and honestly am losing interest in working on this alone. Not to say I won't finish it heh, just not with as much as I would have liked. Otherwise I'll probably just get as much done as I can just so people can play with it, then maybe down the road upgrade it or something.

i know the feeling.......

Probably not from PRACS. NZDF Crash might reskin his, if not you may have to wait for Franze or someone else to release one.

I would be happy to take a stab at some textures. I do quite a bit of graphic art in the adobe suite.

catch I've never applied 2d work too a 3d model, so unless your giving free lessons on that I'm afraid all I could do is draw up some wall, floor and other random object textures. Let me know as I would really like to see the nimitz in action!

adding a bit of steam out of the shuttle chute would really make that almost realistic.

they are steam catapults after all.

steam pours out during and after launch for a few seconds

im open to bribery. will give you the f18f in a weeks time if your keen Jdog

Awesome CRASH, got to have a USA version! ;)

@Crash, awesome thanks, but my texture skills arent up to par for that I don't think, but yea I'd definitely give it a shot after being done with the Nimitz if no one else has done it by then

@GTDAWG, I honestly dont have the time or interest in learning how to make the sprite effects just to put it into one addon, but if someone who's already learned how to wants to, then yes that would be awesome and I've like it too. I looked at how to play with the effects for like 2 minutes before I gave up.

Great work on the carrier! This will def be added to Domination and EVO once it is released.

As for the F18, I love it! Thank god for fighter pilots that look like real pilots and not just helo pilot reskins. Keep up the good work.

Coming along nicely JDog! Everything is looking great. :)

You might consider asking Evil_Echo to help with the steam when you get around to it (no hurry). He does alot of stuff with Mandoble for Mando missile and is an expert scripter (his nuclear detonation effects are awesome) so I imagine he might be able to help.

so will make us skin for the f-18

the plane shown if from project RACS. thats why it has RACS skin

I could do some scripting if you want me to. There's no mod I'm waiting for more urgently. :D

sap_clutter, ike_hud, sakusun are likely.

None of them. Ain't that important, the vanilla loading screens are good enough to look at and bad enough to not make me watch them all the time. :bigsmile:

or send all your f18 requests pms personally to darkhorse. what sort of air defense you considering putting on the nimitz?

I been saving that for last just cuz in my head its pretty much the easiest to accomplish. I gotta get off my ass and do some texturing tutorials and try to make some, this project's really been lagging past few weeks.

Specifically: 2 Sea Sparrow launchers, 2 RAMs, 2-4 Phalanx

or 2 Sea Sparrow, 2 Phalanx

depending on what people want and how it might affect multiplayer games. In fact, I'll probably just make it so there will be a couple different pre-defined setups that missionmakers can easily invoke.

I've thought about how that might be horribly breaking in terms of game balance but, idk... the thing isn't "supposed" to sink lol. Plus, I don't know if it'll be able to sink or not yet. Can't start tinkering with that until everything else is done. There's already a ready and available Phalanx out I can use, and there's a RAM model that just needs to be config'd and scripted. Might have to make the Sea Sparrow myself.

Thank you for staying with it JDog, this is going to be a very important enhancement to the whole game. :)

My personal view would be that you should make it as realistic as possible, i.e. accurate number and type of defence systems. As you say it shouldn't go down too easy.

Does Mando Missile not have a Sparrow? It deffo has a CIWS and some kind of ship launched AA as Gnat's Kuznetsov uses it.

Regardless, keep up the great work JDog. Looks great so far.