Sign in to follow this  
Turkeys

Move There Command Bug

I've been playing through the last couple of Operation Arrowhead beta patches and I've noticed one bug that is persistent in all of them. If I try to command my team to move somewhere the game always locks up and crashes to desktop. I was wondering if this is just happening to me, or if anyone else has been noticing this because it should be hard to miss?

Not sure if its the same command bug i had, mine didn't crash the game but it was corrupted and didnt work properly. ( i did start another thread on it )

Just a thought, but i have just reinstalled arma 2 With oa and this time used the default location ( C: Bohemia etc, previously I had it installed on my D drive ).

Now it is running without errors, is yours in its default location? if not might be worth a try.

I've been playing through the last couple of Operation Arrowhead beta patches and I've noticed one bug that is persistent in all of them. If I try to command my team to move somewhere the game always locks up and crashes to desktop. I was wondering if this is just happening to me, or if anyone else has been noticing this because it should be hard to miss?

Yeah it is in the default location. I have the Steam version so it installed into Drive C and Program Files (x86). I'm running Windows 7, but I already turned off UAC. This isn't the only bug I noticed with the commands for my game though. I noticed that when I order the AI to get into a vehicle the game interprets it as me commanding them to observe it. The status commands are also all screwy for me and point to completely different things (Ex. If I select Injured! then the game thinks that I'm saying that I need fuel). This only occurs in the beta patch for me; I tested the commands in vanilla Operation Arrowhead and Combined Operations, and they both work just fine.

Edit - Ah I figured out the error. I was using the method described in this thread to get everything to work with AddonSync (http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=102666) and found a small typo in the custom argument area (Expan sion should be Expansion). Thanks for the help anyway though :)

Edited by Turkeys