Sign in to follow this  
[xdf]kanga

Australians At War - Combined Ops

Is there any particular reason why I am having trouble getting in to any of the bushmaster's? I opened the back door and walked up the steps like it said in the readme but I'm not getting any get in command in the menu, just close door and gear. I am using ACE if that helps.

Are you actually 'in' the back, i.e, near the drivers seat?

Are you actually 'in' the back, i.e, near the drivers seat?

I've tried both. First, I opened the door and walked up the steps and it forced me to crouch but there was no get in option at the top of the steps and it wouldn't allow me any further into the vehicle. I then tried closing the door with me at the top of the steps, which killed me the first time, but after that forced me into the interior of the vehicle, however there still was no get in option even up by the drivers seat.

Try going prone and moving further into the vehical or walking in backwards after you get to the top of the step, i belive its a problem with St imersion or something similar that changes the collisions.

I believe the ST movement addon doesn't actually change the height of the player collision when crouched. Only when standing or prone. Essentially your player is still hitting the top of the bushmaster when you are trying to enter it.

Try going prone and moving further into the vehical or walking in backwards after you get to the top of the step, i belive its a problem with St imersion or something similar that changes the collisions.

I don't think I'm using the ST addons, but whatever it was, going prone fixed it. thanks.

Kanga;2162323']I believe the ST movement addon doesn't actually change the height of the player collision when crouched. Only when standing or prone. Essentially your player is still hitting the top of the bushmaster when you are trying to enter it.

Its not the height i think its the right bench (when looking from the rear)

No it is the height, there are no benches in the geolod and the hull is essentially hollow. The model was specifically produced to allow units in when crouched.

Interesting, on a random side note if you're using SMK animations you have to raise your weapon to enter as it lowers your profile so now i see what you mean (and you can sprint through all of the AAW and some of the BIS vehicals, minus the axels :D )

Any plans to add the EF-88/F-90?

No developmental stage or experimental stuff is planned as part of the AAW releases. If/when it gets issued to troops is when it will be addressed. Otherwise it is all guess work as to what the final product may look like..

Getting an error. Looks like a config issue

Warning Message: Cannot open object aawwepat_m\aaw_firedround.p3d

the p3d file in the aawwepat_m pbo is just "firedround" not "aaw_firedround"

---------- Post added at 20:38 ---------- Previous post was at 18:59 ----------

Another config issue:

In your aaw_bushmaster config you use

hasGunner = "true";

in several places. That entry should be a number. i think that is going to cause issues. it does in my mission where i am trying to get a list of all turrets.

it should be hasGunner = 1;

or

hasGunner = 0;

Hi guys,

I'm trying to find the classnames for the ASLAV's, I couldn't access Norrin's readme as it says forbidden access when clicking on the link. Can anyone please tell me the classnames? I also saw mention of the .50 cal Bushmaster being out but see no classname or reference to it in the editor, is it a config change for the model or am I missing something altogether.

I'm a bit thick.... should have checked the mission file. It's been a long time since I've been playing or editing missions for Arma lol

Thanks,

Tromac

any idea how i can get this to work with norrins revive everything i try fails, maybe a list of classnames.

Sorry its taken so long but some scoundrel targeted my host server and all of my downloads/files were wiped in the clean-up a couple of months back.

Here's the new links for the requested documentation:

Updated AAW infantry class lists

http://www.norrin.org/norrin/ArmA2/readMe/AAW%20Infantry%20Class%20List.pdf

Updated Bushmaster PMV readMe

http://www.norrin.org/norrin/ArmA2/readMe/bushmaster_readMe_nov2012.pdf

ASLAV readMe

http://www.norrin.org/norrin/ArmA2/readMe/ASLAV_readMe.pdf

Is this mod still being worked on? Australia is one of my favorite BLUFOR factions :p

Looks like there has basically been little to no progress (AAW: Combined Ops thread last update was May 2012 and AAW Addon Team thread ended in a argument in December 2012)

Too bad, I was hoping to fight along side my Australian Allies in all of their glory!

It's fair to say it's been pretty much on hold for awhile and we haven't used the forums at AusArma for even longer.

There is some small updates in existence, I haven't spoken to the others about it for awhile as we've been busy with other things.

I'll bring it up next time I see them on and see what happens.

Im getting an error that I'm not sure how to correct.

Error creating Direct3D 9 Graphical engine

___________________________________________________________________________________Edit: I downloaded with PlayWithSix.

Edited by proingy747

It's fair to say it's been pretty much on hold for awhile and we haven't used the forums at AusArma for even longer.

There is some small updates in existence, I haven't spoken to the others about it for awhile as we've been busy with other things.

I'll bring it up next time I see them on and see what happens.

Howdy Sabre,

It was great meeting you at the Land Warfare Conference last year mate. Sorry I haven't touched base before now, it's been busy with BISIM and life. I and all the OCB guys are hoping you guys continue on with the AAW mod as without any doubt it has been the best modding work I've seen.

Cheers,

Tro