Sign in to follow this  
[xdf]kanga

Australians At War - Combined Ops

@scarecrow - OK we've fixed both of those errors and a few others to boot including adding the V2 sig files as per Sickboy's post - just got to wait until Kanga stops playing with his new toys and updates Yoma.

Cheers norrin, good job again even if there is a couple of small errors, other than the M2 with blastcore none of it takes away from gameplay, also nice touch with the grinding sounds when you leave the door down :D

@tpw - as promised mate here's the class list for the F88 flashlight weapons:

AAW_f88_elcan_FL

AAW_f88_elcan_fgrip_FL

AAW_f88_elcan_gla_FL

AAW_f88_elcan_carbine_FL

AAW_f88_elcan_carbine_fgrip_FL

AAW_f88_S_FL

AAW_f88_S_fgrip_FL

AAW_f88_S_gla_FL

AAW_f88_S_carbine_FL

AAW_f88_S_carbine_fgrip_FL

AAW_f88_ACOG_FL

AAW_f88_ACOG_fgrip_FL

AAW_f88_ACOG_gla_FL

AAW_f88_ACOG_carbine_FL

AAW_f88_ACOG_carbine_fgrip_FL

AAW_f88_AIM_FL

AAW_f88_AIM_fgrip_FL

AAW_f88_AIM_gla_FL

AAW_f88_AIM_carbine_FL

AAW_f88_AIM_carbine_fgrip_FL

AAW_f88SA2_elcan_FL

AAW_f88SA2_elcan_fgrip_FL

AAW_f88SA2_elcan_gla_FL

AAW_f88SA2_elcan_carbine_FL

AAW_f88SA2_elcan_carbine_fgrip_FL

AAW_f88SA2_15_FL

AAW_f88SA2_15_fgrip_FL

AAW_f88SA2_15_gla_FL

AAW_f88SA2_15_carbine_FL

AAW_f88SA2_15_carbine_fgrip_FL

AAW_f88SA2_ACOG_FL

AAW_f88SA2_ACOG_fgrip_FL

AAW_f88SA2_ACOG_gla_FL

AAW_f88SA2_ACOG_carbine_FL

AAW_f88SA2_ACOG_carbine_fgrip_FL

AAW_f88SA2_AIM_FL

AAW_f88SA2_AIM_fgrip_FL

AAW_f88SA2_AIM_gla_FL

AAW_f88SA2_AIM_carbine_FL

AAW_f88SA2_AIM_carbine_fgrip_FL

I did a quick check this morning if you add flashlight weapons to AI you can get them to switch them on and off using: enableGunLights

We'll hopefully get around to updating all the AAW documentation to include the new weapon and bushmaster classes soon. I'll also add a key press so that you can get AI in your group to toggle flashlights on/off in a future update.

@tpw - as promised mate here's the class list for the F88 flashlight weapons:

AAW_f88_elcan_FL

AAW_f88_elcan_fgrip_FL

AAW_f88_elcan_gla_FL

AAW_f88_elcan_carbine_FL

AAW_f88_elcan_carbine_fgrip_FL

AAW_f88_S_FL

AAW_f88_S_fgrip_FL

AAW_f88_S_gla_FL

AAW_f88_S_carbine_FL

AAW_f88_S_carbine_fgrip_FL

AAW_f88_ACOG_FL

AAW_f88_ACOG_fgrip_FL

AAW_f88_ACOG_gla_FL

AAW_f88_ACOG_carbine_FL

AAW_f88_ACOG_carbine_fgrip_FL

AAW_f88_AIM_FL

AAW_f88_AIM_fgrip_FL

AAW_f88_AIM_gla_FL

AAW_f88_AIM_carbine_FL

AAW_f88_AIM_carbine_fgrip_FL

AAW_f88SA2_elcan_FL

AAW_f88SA2_elcan_fgrip_FL

AAW_f88SA2_elcan_gla_FL

AAW_f88SA2_elcan_carbine_FL

AAW_f88SA2_elcan_carbine_fgrip_FL

AAW_f88SA2_15_FL

AAW_f88SA2_15_fgrip_FL

AAW_f88SA2_15_gla_FL

AAW_f88SA2_15_carbine_FL

AAW_f88SA2_15_carbine_fgrip_FL

AAW_f88SA2_ACOG_FL

AAW_f88SA2_ACOG_fgrip_FL

AAW_f88SA2_ACOG_gla_FL

AAW_f88SA2_ACOG_carbine_FL

AAW_f88SA2_ACOG_carbine_fgrip_FL

AAW_f88SA2_AIM_FL

AAW_f88SA2_AIM_fgrip_FL

AAW_f88SA2_AIM_gla_FL

AAW_f88SA2_AIM_carbine_FL

AAW_f88SA2_AIM_carbine_fgrip_FL

I did a quick check this morning if you add flashlight weapons to AI you can get them to switch them on and off using: enableGunLights

We'll hopefully get around to updating all the AAW documentation to include the new weapon and bushmaster classes soon. I'll also add a key press so that you can get AI in your group to toggle flashlights on/off in a future update.

Thanks Norrin, you're a legend. I'll try these all out and let you know how it goes.

EDIT: Perfect! I had a few scripts that allowed me and my AI squad to switch between ACOG and Aimpoint sights depending on engagement distance (please insert realism scoff here). These were failing when the flashlight was switched on, now they are working well. Additionally, enableGunLights works nicely to get the entire squad to switch torches on/off.

Edited by tpw

A dreaded bug report :p. The M2 machine gun disappears on all the ASLAV's when running blastcore with the mod. The gun still fires, but is invisible.

Some people are also getting texture streaching from something, we suspect its the ASLAV's but we found if you mess around with the Antialising setting it appears to fix it. :)

Edit: Also for the ace additions would it be possable to add the tank FCS to the LAV's and Remote weapon systems? http://wiki.ace-mod.net/wagn/Tank_Fire_Control_System

Edit x2: found the problem, its the ASLAV Mk19 PC variant, as you can see here its fine when looking below the turret

fFUaYl.jpg

and after looking at the turret:

yKk87l.jpg

@Norrin, randomly found this while attempting to spawn a trailer, willing to provide any info on it seeing theres none in the user manual:

C1BDJl.jpg

Edited by Scarecrow398
Fixed +100kb img

Which command do I have to place in the init line to make a ASLAV-PC AI-driver lower the ramp?

AAW Updated to Version: 012

Change log

=========================================================

=========== AUSTRALIANS AT WAR - COMBINED OPS ===========

==========================================================================

====AAW is built and tested to be run with vanilla and ACE accordingly====

=======If you run other addons we can't guarantee compatiblility==========

==========================================================================

Changes V012

Changes

-Fixed f89 recoils

-Fixed S70 mag58s

-Attempted fix 50 cal issues (AAW team members and testers have been unable to replicate the issue)

Known Issues - V011

-Bushmaster IMV with the exception of the PWS have issues with AI using the gun positions

-Mag 58 and f89 barrels have issue with fuzzyness when firing

-Shadow errors with the bushmasters

-When inside the bushmaster if it moves off the unit will be left behind.

-Same name may reappear for bushmaster decals

-Weapons & vehicles dont have flir texture maps

-few issues with weighting on the sleeve wrist strips on the shirts in the pilot lod.

To download @aaw_oa now you need yoma addon sync. http://www.yomatools.be/ For instructions on how to use yoma and the AAW repository go to help/clientside usage/adding a new server

The @aaw_oa auto config url is

http://mirror.aef-hq.com.au/~aaw/aaw_oa.7z

@Foxhound - thanks for the mirror mate :)

@Scarecrow398 - re: trailers - there's no documentation cause they're not meant to be there yet but due to a mistake on my part they snuck in. The models are very much WIP, they don't have all their lods or damage textures etc and none of the code has been properly beta tested. The trailers if you haven't already guessed attach to the bushmasters and can be loaded. The physics sim for the trailer is a bit wonky at the moment but its the best I could do given the limitations of the current engine but with physX coming in ArmA3 it should work a treat.

Anyway consider it a glimpse into the future.

@Fingolfin - try:

this animate ["ramp", 1];

@Scarecrow398 - re: trailers - there's no documentation cause they're not meant to be there yet but due to a mistake on my part they snuck in. The models are very much WIP, they don't have all their lods or damage textures etc and none of the code has been properly beta tested. The trailers if you haven't already guessed attach to the bushmasters and can be loaded. The physics sim for the trailer is a bit wonky at the moment but its the best I could do given the limitations of the current engine but with physX coming in ArmA3 it should work a treat.

Anyway consider it a glimpse into the future.

it was figured out quite quickly :D

as you said about th wonky physics we found and made guesses at them being on a hidden selection after a ASLAV randomly drove up something invisible :D

now i can't wait for the A3 engine to be released...

Updated on Six Updater Network.

Thanks for adding V2 bisigns. Only inko_disposable still has a V1 inko.bisign, and there is no inko.bikey delivered with either.

Any chances of getting a increase on the accuracy of the Mag58 and F89's, after using them for a few missions and talking to current ADF members and ADI they all agree that the F89 IRL is slightly more accurate than the F88 and the Mag58 more accurate again from the F89, while that isn't exactly perfect for a light machine gun for suppression it requires unnessicarily long bursts to kill targets beyond 250+ while quols for F89 in the ADF is 300mm grouping at 100m which is pretty much impossable with the current dispersion.

Hey I'm thinking of supporting AAW in my SP mission but since it's a SP mission, AI use of the vehicles is a requirement. I see that there are still issues with the bushmaster. Is this going to make AAW not useable in my mission? Can someone explain how bad of issues are still present in this mod? Thanks. I really want to get the Aussies into the fight!

quite simply there was some interactivity we wanted to include which works well for human players but not for AI, due to the fact that the mod was created for use by AAW members we decided to keep the options as is as we are all MP players. If we can find a solution later on that will satisfy both requirements we will implement it but for the time being it will stay as is.

Sorry for seemingly going blind here guys, but I can't find the classname for the Ninox NV goggle(s) in the supplied readme's. It looks awesome, but I always set my own equipment. I have a event handler that I use to find the weapon type and ammunition fired when I REALLY can't find a weapon/ammo classname, but getting the classname for the things like NV's without a readme file reference is currently beyond my skills. Just the classname will be a great help, any suggestions on how find\get displayed the classname for things like NV's or Binoculars without readme reference's would also be super appreciated. Good work and thanks again. ps. I got the latest version available on armaholic, properly installed with CBA and inko disposable(had those already, how can someone play without those two anyway right?).

Sorry for seemingly going blind here guys, but I can't find the classname for the Ninox NV goggle(s) in the supplied readme's. It looks awesome, but I always set my own equipment. I have a event handler that I use to find the weapon type and ammunition fired when I REALLY can't find a weapon/ammo classname, but getting the classname for the things like NV's without a readme file reference is currently beyond my skills. Just the classname will be a great help, any suggestions on how find\get displayed the classname for things like NV's or Binoculars without readme reference's would also be super appreciated. Good work and thanks again. ps. I got the latest version available on armaholic, properly installed with CBA and inko disposable(had those already, how can someone play without those two anyway right?).

Found it for you by looking in a few configs: aawNinox

Use it thusly:

name_of_unit addweapon "aawNinox";

You can always find out what weapons given unit is carrying with the weapons command:

_weapons = weapons name_of_unit;

will return an array (_weapons), with all the unit's weapons

EDIT: I forgot to say, you can only use the ninox nv with AAW units, if you use it with non-AAW they will just display the normal nv goggles.

Edited by tpw

No way! I was messing around with "aaw_ninox" as the classname because all the weapons start with "aaw_". SOO close yet so far....Oh well. Thanks for the tips! I REALLY appreciate it! Cheers.

To everyone having graphics bugs related to the weapon proxies as shown in scarecrow's post here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?105449-Australians-At-War-Combined-Ops&p=2143274&viewfull=1#post2143274

I had a similar experience when I tried mixing some of the previous versions of the AAW addons with the most recent and also when the order of the mod line was incorrect as some of the AAW mods inherit from other addons so the other addons need to be loaded first, so if you haven't already and you can afford the bandwidth can you please try the following checklist if you are suffering the dreaded poly explosions:

1. Delete all of the AAW addons on your PC/laptop/server;

2. Redownload using AEF hosted Yoma link (we're not sure whether one of the mirrors is still hosting some older versions of the AAW files and this is the only source we can guarantee is correct);

3. Try running the AAW addons by themselves ie.:

a/ -mods=@CBA;@aaw_vanilla;@aaw_core -
make sure you run the addons in this order
; or

b/ -mods=@CBA;@ACE;@aaw_ace;@aaw_core

4. If the addons are running fine now please post and let us know (this may help us identify the mirror problem if there is one).

5. If by themselves the AAW addons are OK but some other addon is causing a problem please let us know which one it is so I can check that there are no conflicts between AAW and the other addon.

6. If the AAW addons by themselves are not OK please let us know what vehicles are causing the problem (we highly suspect its the M2 proxy on the ASLAV-PC M2, ASLAV-A and Bushmaster PWS M2).

7. If you're having probs can you also let us know what your ingame graphics settings are (full list please) so we can try and replicate the problem ourselves - cause at the moment we can't.

8. Also let us know where you downloaded the addons from Six, AEF Yoma or Armaholic.

Please post any replies in the following thread so we can keep all the info in one place: http://www.ausarma.org/topic/1138-checklist-for-reporting-bugs-in-aaw-version-012/

Many thanks,

norrin

To everyone having graphics bugs related to the weapon proxies as shown in scarecrow's post here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?105449-Australians-At-War-Combined-Ops&p=2143274&viewfull=1#post2143274

2. Redownload using AEF hosted Yoma link (we're not sure whether one of the mirrors is still hosting some older versions of the AAW files and this is the only source we can guarantee is correct);

Just for the record, I double checked with Yoma right now and all files I have on my PC are up to date and so the package (v012) hosted by Armaholic is the latest! However, just cause 200% sure is better than 100% I re-uploaded the re-checked package! :)

Just for the record, I double checked with Yoma right now and all files I have on my PC are up to date and so the package (v012) hosted by Armaholic is the latest! However, just cause 200% sure is better than 100% I re-uploaded the re-checked package! :)

Cheers mate. Once again beyond the call of duty. :)

I am proud to announce that AAW's units/vehicles are now supported for use in my SP mission LOST. You can pick and choose to use AAW alongside other mods including PRACS, PCDF, OFrP, and BWMod to have Aussies fighting alongside/against a wide variety of supported mods. Also, AAW is now useable on all map versions of the mission.

Thread

@Norrin, random question why was your fastroping never intergrated with the S-70's? nor compatable?

@Norrin, random question why was your fastroping never intergrated with the S-70's? nor compatable?

Yep my mistake - the reason for its omission is as simple as I was distracted by something shiny and forgot to add it! Will make sure that its fixed in a not so future update.

Ohh, that dog's got a puffy tail...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KVHURoOZiY

Damn poodles....

Strange issue, came back here to as if anyone here was getting issues with ACRE bugging out with INKO within the AAW Vanillia?

Is there any particular reason why I am having trouble getting in to any of the bushmaster's? I opened the back door and walked up the steps like it said in the readme but I'm not getting any get in command in the menu, just close door and gear. I am using ACE if that helps.