Sign in to follow this  
[xdf]kanga

Australians At War - Combined Ops

Looking good :) cant wait to give them a go

are you guys going to implement damage wheel animations on any of your vehicles?

I found Soul_Assassin's tutorial worked well for me

i just cant find the site it this was on so maybe if he see this he could link it up or I'm happy to provide a tutorial with p3d and model.cfg you could reference from? just pm me

Edited by RubenWolf

Looking good :) cant wait to give them a go

are you guys going to implement damage wheel animations on any of your vehicles?

Yeah maybe for the ASLAVs need to talk to Kanga and see which way he wants to go with this. Very unlikely, for the Bushmasters as they are equipped with a "run flat" tyre system: http://www.defencejobs.gov.au/army/technology/bushmaster.aspx

fair enough on the bushmasters, I did not know they had run flats... how cool :cool: offers there for the lavs if you do decide to.

Just a thought on the bushmaster you could use the deflate animation to simulate a puncher/damage?

what are those 2 poles out in front of the vehicle?excellent work mates looking forward to an update.

Electronic Counter-Measures against RCIEDs.

The masts looks the same as the 'CREW Duke' system that the Americans use.

Looks nice. I could definitely see shooting one of those masts off.

Hey,

Quick question, and apologies if this is stupid, but can someone tell me where I can get some missions to play with this AAW mod?

I'm joining the Reserves soon, and bought ARMA specially to play this mod to familiarise myself with the equipment. I've downloaded the mod and got it to work, only I don't know where to get any missions from.

tia

There are a few out there. The easiest way to find them is to either search for AAW in the user missions thread or do a google search for AAW ARMA 2 MISSION.

Of course if it is just weapon familiarisation you are after then the editor is your friend. Stick down some units, stick down some AAW Crates and have a blast.

Love these units by the way - there's something a bit different about them that make them stand out from the rest.

Amazing Steyr's! Looking very great! Use in server mod pack

I've been using this awesome mod on and off for ages. An incredible amount of work must have gone into it. I have a couple of issues, one I could fix, the other not.

1 - Medic units not having medic abilities. I fixed this by editing the config.cpp file, and also gave them correct icons. If the devs are OK, I could post the modified pbo.

2 - Steyr reload sounds don't work under JSRS1.4. I have no idea how to fix this.

There doesn't seem to be much recent activity on AAW section of Ausarma, I sincerely hope this fantastic mod has not been mothballed.

I just tested out the medic units and they seem to be working fine, have you got the most up to date version of AAW?

As far as the JSRS issue unfortunately due to the large number of addons out there we cant resolve compatibility issues for everything as there are far to many to address.

The mod has not been mothballed and should see an update soon :).

Thanks for the quick reply [XDF]Kanga

As far as I know I'm using the latest version (v 010). I didn't think there'd been an update since.

The medics definitely didn't work for me until I changed the config thusly:

class aawInfantryMedic1_dpdu : aawInfantryRifleman1_dpdu {
displayName ="AAW Medic 1 DPDU";
model ="\aawInfantry_m\aawInfantryMedic1_dpdu.p3d";
icon = "\Ca\characters2\data\icon\i_medic_ca.paa";
picture = "\Ca\characters\data\Ico\i_Med_CA.paa";
attendant = 1;
};

There was no icon or picture entry, and attendant = true did not work.

I fully understand that you can't guarantee AAW will work 100% with the enormous number of mods out there, but it would make sense to support the really popular ones. I can't know the numbers but would guess JSRS to be one of the most popular, if not the most popular soundmods.

Lastly, great to hear that development is still happening!

============

EDIT:

Got the reload sounds working for the time being by deleting jsrs_m16.pbo and jsrs_m16_c.pbo from JSRS1.4, since it seems that the austeyrs inherit sounds from the m16 rifle class.

Edited by tpw

AAW medics are working OK here too with vanilla ArmA OA. I'll check with Kanga and fix the icon issue.

What other mods are you using TPW as this may be causing the problem?

AAW medics are working OK here too with vanilla ArmA OA. I'll check with Kanga and fix the icon issue.

What other mods are you using TPW as this may be causing the problem?

Hi Norrin

I just redownloaded the whole shooting match using Yoma, and whaddyaknow, the medics worked! I takes about 15 sec to paste the icon stuff into the config.cpp and all is good.

Sorry to waste your time!

Kanga;2090760']The mod has not been mothballed and should see an update soon :).

Now that's cheered me up! I love these guys!

Few screenshots of the upcoming update, no we don't have a release date yet but I have had a bit of free time lately to put some more work in to them.

aslav_convoy_sml.jpg

Click for HD resolution image

aslav_pc_sml.jpg

Click for HD resolution image