Sign in to follow this  
[xdf]kanga

Australians At War - Combined Ops

(shuddup Sabre I'm the one who has to model the bloody stuff!).

Well that's what you hate the least :D

I have a dodgy M1 Abrams retexture done, like the S70's and the Chinook's, but it is just that, a retexture, so the model isn't accturate.

This is probably a great mod, but what I noticed with many player made mods they are released pre-mature and as such there is known issues that at least I believe should be taken care off while at it as they are known instead of sending it out.

I always backs up against the wall when I find to many known errors in the known issues section of a uploaded mod.

This often effects my interest in them even in future releases. There are to many player made mods that got plenty of known issues that never seems to get corrected.

I love the pictures of this mod, but I will wait until its enjoyable to play with.

This often effects my interest in them even in future releases. There are to many player made mods that got plenty of known issues that never seems to get corrected.

I love the pictures of this mod, but I will wait until its enjoyable to play with.

I think you're being a little unfair mate - a number of these "known issues" relate to limitations within the game itself and therefore can never be fixed.

AFAIK we have set up the bushmaster in a way that has not been done before and as it turns out that's probably because of these in-built game limitations and problems encountered when attempting to resolve these issues.

Hopefully in the bushies, with the work-arounds in place, you won't even notice these limitations in game.

@AAW team: great job on the Bushmaster and providing documentation with the addon!

@Norrin: Super job on scripting the decals and cargo. I like how you generate unique identities for each of the (nearby) Bushmasters.

Your system also allows me to use a simple script to 'wipe' off the army/RAAF logo, any cargo containing DPCU backpacks, and the car identities. This in order to have a Bushmaster that more closely resembles a Dutch armed forces one.

Thanks!

Just in terms of the known issues, none of them are game stoppers, we wouldn't release if that were the case, we've been using the Bushmaster for months testing etc. and while some of them are annoying visually most don't actually effect the operation of the vehicle.

Like norrin said a few of them are engine related, some of them we are not sure what's causing them and through release we also hope some of the members of the community who might have ran into simliar problems might be able help us get rid of some of the issues.

WOOOOO A Christmas Miracle!

Thanks so much for the awesome work fellas, we do honestly appreciate it.

I'm very impressed after testing the update of the mod. So much love for detail on all models. Really an outstanding series of quality addons.

I must agree. The Bushmaster just rocks with the right rear hatch position. Any plans to add this 'poor man' shooting from vehicle to the Blackhawk? And would it be possible to add a disembark option for just standing up in the bushmaster and that you'd have to open the door to go out? This could be a gamechanger in ambushes :O

AAW updated to V008

Additions - V008

Added flags

Changes - V008

-Fixed infantry script issue

Nope don't have any plans for them at this stage mate.

hey guys love the mods great work i got something you might wont to add to the mod im willing to donate as a gift,

myself and Ruben have been working on it for a while but have run out of time and now we tort you guys would like it its a great model i don't even know if the ADF used this type of chopper but its up to you guys let me know if you wont it

ps its 80% finished you would just have to do some ADF textures and go over and check for bugs but its works great as i can tell

:hellfire x2

:movie shows different gun, side rail now has 50cal

:spotlight moves with gunners head

:high detailed cockpit but instruments don't work

:mask man of sight TWS, NVG and 30xzoom

:Laser designator

pAiPx4FypH0

Hey mate, thanks for the offer looks good.

That however looks like an OH-58D (may be wrong) and Australia only uses the OH-58A in an unarmed reconnaissance role and it is being replaced with the introduction of the Tiger ARH and we don't have any plans to add it in at the moment.

20091026ran8100087_041.jpg

Thanks and best of luck with the project mate.

ok cool you could un arm it, take all guns of , offer still stands if you guys change ya mind :)

emery, that toyota is amazing! u will make also a civilian version or a UN version as in vbs2??? please:inlove:

Hi guys,

Just a few things if I may. Any word on adding an engineer to the troops?

And Soldier mentioned the landing bug I am experiencing may be related to the AAW choppers, which turned out to be correct. Anyway OCB's resident genius was having a look at them and posted this on our forums so I thought I would pass it on to help you guys out. I'm sure he would be willing to help out if you would like, though I know you guys also have an immense amount of talent anyway.

"Yep, I pulled apart the AAW choppers, I found the cause to be 2 bugs:

One is a get out event handler script error which teleports the units to double the height of the helicopter due to a mathematical error.

The other is the cause for the chopper to hover 5m high and that is the boundary box of the 3d model goes way below the actual model.

I can fix the script error but the 3d files are binarized so without the original uncompressed copies I can't fix them and the units just unload below the helicopter from thin air.

I can script a workaround though to make the chopper land and keep to rotors turning."

The first bug was causing me major headaches with a Chernarus carrier based mission where on getting out on the carrier the players were catapulted high into the air.