Sign in to follow this  
UrbanXFX

DLC - Canadian Forces

the C7 is a variation of a the M16 thus, it would simply be put in as a reskin, the MOLLE vest is also already ingame and would thus be a another reskin, thats where be getting too ;)

CF use different body armor, so a MOLLE vest is really neither here nor there. So what would you apply a new texture to in the game to make this?

Canadian_C7A2_Rifle_small.jpg

it supports his point perfectly max. all they would need is simple reskins, because most Canadian gear is very simiilair if not the same, as American and British gear.

it supports his point perfectly max. all they would need is simple reskins, because most Canadian gear is very simiilair if not the same, as American and British gear.

I would like to see the list of standard current CF gear/equipment that could be made by adding new textures to US equipment in Arma II/OA, or just reused:

Here's mine:

C9 GPMG

M2HB

M3 Carl Gustav

TOW

MLVW (M35 truck)

You could fudge with these, but they would probably not be accurate:

C8 carbine

C9 LMG

That is a significant minority of CF gear/equipment.

Edited by akd42

There is lots of commonality between lots of different armies, but my point is that a simple reskin isn't going to capture the differences in gear on the soldier model. That is how invoking the MOLLE harness, if we did use it (I thought we used something quite different) doesn't support his argument.

I would like to see the list of standard current CF gear/equipment that could be made by adding new textures to US equipment in Arma II/OA, or just reused:

Here's mine:

C9 GPMG

M2HB

M3 Carl Gustav

TOW

MLVW (M35 truck)

You could fudge with these, but they would probably not be accurate:

C8 carbine

C9 LMG

That is a significant minority of CF gear/equipment.

C6 GPMG

C9 LMG

M2HB

C3A1 ?

C13

M203

M3 Carl Gustav

BGM-71 TOW

MLVW

Coyote

HMMWV - References Here and here.

__

With some modifications to the LAV-25 model-

Cougar

?Grizzly?

?Husky?

__

Bison

M113

CC-130

CH-147

CH-146 (UH-1Y with modifications)

--(Leased Vehicles)--

Mi-17

Mi-8

---------------------

unrelated, yet interesting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Task_Force_Arrowhead

I don't think you can turn a MOWAG Piranha I into a Piranha II. 20 years seperates those designs and they're quite different.

Same with the UH-1Y and the Griffon. They're so different that it would be pointless to keep most of the model. It would be like turning an AH-1Z into an F model. It would pointless to keep a single polygon from the Z. You'd waste so much time trying to shoehorn round pegs into square holes that it would have saved time just to axe it and start over.

... speaking of shoehorning, I'm not expecting anyone to become an expert in these things, but why not at least look at some pictures of a Griffon and an UH-1Y side by side before suggesting that one is 'a few modifications' away from the other?

I did look at pictures of the Griffon, but hell, maybe I'm so tired I'm mixing up the PRACS AB412/212s with the UH-1Y.

As to the Piranha bit, AFAIK (Going off the few pictures I saw of the Cougar) they look mostly the same as far as size, shape etc. goes, although there are probably plenty of external bits and some overhauls to the turrets/interiors. The interior parts wouldn't really concern me much, considering the BAF has plenty of inaccuracies as well.

If I put a "?" next to the vehicle/weapon it meant I either am unsure of the differences or I couldnt find/was too tired (read lazy, lol) to find pictures of them to compare.

Husky

Husky_Piranha_1_wheeled_armoured_recovery_vehicle_Canada_Canadian_Army_640.jpg

Grizzly

Image2.jpg

... both variants of the Piranha I 6x6 from the 1970s.

They are both fairly far flung from the Piranha II and III. It would best for these vehicle to be done as their own project, I think- ie. No reskin, mod really possible while keeping the quality that one would expect.

C6 GPMG

C9 LMG CF use a different style, but like I said it could be fudged

M2HB

C3A1 ? replaced by C14

C13 oh, you got me there. same as m67 frag

M203 (nonsense, as it is not used standalone)

M3 Carl Gustav

BGM-71 TOW

MLVW

Coyote no, not possible by reskin

HMMWV - References Here and here-small number used by small units. irrelevant.

__

With some modifications to the LAV-25 model-

Cougar

?Grizzly?

?Husky?

no, different vehicle. They don't even have the same number of wheels. Plus, all are being phased out.

__

Bison -no

M113 largely out of frontline use

CC-130 everyone uses C-130

CH-147 yup, reskin would probably work

CH-146 (UH-1Y with modifications) modifications again...major modifications. Different helicopter.

--(Leased Vehicles)--

Mi-17

Mi-8

neither here nor there

---------------------

You had to reach into some obscure corners for that. Once again, the majority of current Canadian frontline gear and equipment could not be achieved by reskinning US equipment in the game.

If I put a "?" next to the vehicle/weapon it meant I either am unsure of the differences or I couldnt find/was too tired (read lazy, lol) to find pictures of them to compare.

Then why post?

Edited by akd42

Then why post?

Because I only had "?" next to 3 vehicles/weapons, although it should have been 4.

Also, I included the M203 because it's the main Grenade Launcher you'd find attached to Canadian Weapons. There are plenty of others out there, and BIS already has an M203 model, so I included it. :j:

Because I only had "?" next to 3 vehicles/weapons, although it should have been 4.

Also, I included the M203 because it's the main Grenade Launcher you'd find attached to Canadian Weapons. There are plenty of others out there, and BIS already has an M203 model, so I included it. :j:

I gotcha, but having the 203 in game doesn't turn an M16A4 w/203 into a C7A2 w/203. You still lack a proper model for the C7A2, so the 203 is irrelevant to the point you are attempting to support.

You still lack a proper model for the C7A2

What exactly be the difference between an M16A4 and a C7A2, I mean besides one is made by Colt Canada and the other Colt USA...

What exactly be the difference between an M16A4 and a C7A2, I mean besides one is made by Colt Canada and the other Colt USA...

C7A2 has different (collapsible) stock,different issued sights, fires single/full auto, and uses different handguard and accessories rather than rail system.

Edited by akd42

from what i see the, the only external difference is the standard issue Elcan..

You are still debating over a Canadian DLC ?

C'mon , will you enjoy the game more with different skins and models after the firsts seconds of "OMG ITS A C7" ?

I am Canadian ! (and an actual soldier btw) And i don't give a **** about what country im playing with.

No, I would just simply like to see a force thats done more and in more power overseas right now.

The post above yours has four external differences pointed out, in addition to the different fire-modes.

Poor vision? I don't know what else to say...

No, I would just simply like to see a force thats done more and in more power overseas right now.

such an ignorant prick

Excactly what I was thinking, hate to harp on you again tyler, but you go on about ignorance then post soemthing like that.

On Topic;

Basically to do an accurate Canadian DLC, you'd be looking at totally different infantry models and at the least edited and heavily edited weapon models. But as I said earlier, just support ONS and you'll get all this anyway, they already have accurate looking soldier models and C7a2's, they just might need abit of an update to match that epic new LAVIII model they have :D

Here's a pic of the ONS troops I was talking bout, just need abit of an update, but they have accurate helmet, gear etc modelled;

arma2oa2010-08-2011-01-45-75s.jpg

Click for bigger

Edited by Sabre
Added pic

The medic for ONS also has a LOD bug in OA aswell, but I think they are already aware of it.

I've marked 4 changes on the picture.

canadianc7a2riflesmalle.jpg

such an ignorant prick

Insults are not necessary, its almost against the law to have an opinion it seems on here.

Insults are not necessary, its almost against the law to have an opinion it seems on here.

Your posts weren't opinions. They weren't statements of 'fact'. That were, well, wrong.

Opinion would be saying:

I do not think a Canadian DLC would be worthwhile