Sign in to follow this  
UrbanXFX

DLC - Canadian Forces

don't canadians use in large part american equipment? i'm pretty sure a few texture reskins would suffice.

don't canadians use in large part american equipment?

Yea, they just like to rename alot of it

What would Canadian DLC bring anyway?

A couple of new units/reskins and elcan scopes? Amazing.

Edit:

So, f-18 and Leopard too? ...

Sorry, but Canada doesn't bring anything that new to the field. Maybe as free DLC.

don't canadians use in large part american equipment? i'm pretty sure a few texture reskins would suffice.
Yea, they just like to rename alot of it

Ignorance on parade.

Leopard C2

Leopard 2A4+

Leopard 2A6M

LAV III ISC

LAV III CP

LAV III FOO

LAV III TUA (conversion to ISC with RWS)

Coyote (to be replaced by TAPV program)

Bison

ADATS

Nyala/Mamba (RG-31) (to be replaced by TAPV program)

Various armed G-Wagen

Variety of unarmed utility vehicles of non-US origin

L16 Mortar

LG1 Mark II 105mm gun

M777 155mm gun (used by USMC, but not in game, actually UK in origin)

Eryx ATGM

C14 Timberwolf sniper rifle

MacMillan Tac-50 sniper rifle (US origin, but not used by US military)

FN Hi Power

Sig P225/P226

CF-18 Hornet (US F-18 isn't even in the game)

CH-146 Griffon

I just won't touch on Navy.

Leopard C2

Leopard 2A4+

Leopard 2A6M

LAV III ISC

LAV III CP

LAV III FOO

LAV III TUA (conversion to ISC with RWS)

Coyote (to be replaced by TAPV program)

Bison

ADATS

Nyala/Mamba (RG-31) (to be replaced by TAPV program)

Various armed G-Wagen

Variety of unarmed utility vehicles of non-US origin

L16 Mortar

LG1 Mark II 105mm gun

M777 155mm gun (used by USMC, but not in game, actually UK in origin)

Eryx ATGM

C14 Timberwolf sniper rifle

MacMillan Tac-50 sniper rifle (US origin, but not used by US military)

FN Hi Power

Sig P225/P226

CF-18 Hornet (US F-18 isn't even in the game)

CH-146 Griffon

I just won't touch on Navy.

Leopard series - German

LAV series - Switzerland

Coyote - Canadian

Bison - Switzerland

ADATS - Switzerland

Nyala/Mamba - South African

G-Wagon series - Austrian

L16 - UK

LG1 Mark II -France

Eryx - French and Canadian

Timberwolf - Canadian

MacMillan Tac-50 - Used by U.S Navy SEALs (designation MK15)

FN High-Power - Belgium/US

Sig P225/P226 - German/Swiss

CF-18 Hornet - US

CH-146 Griffon - US made

We arent ignorant sir.

Canadian 3, everyone else 13.

Lol, seems to be a dislike for Canadians here (or at least our forces). :rolleyes:

Lol, seems to be a dislike for Canadians here (or at least our forces).

nah Zipper, i have upmost respect for any armed forces, but he called me ignorant for what i said so i was showing that not all of the equipment CF uses was theirs ;)

I love their woodland camo!

I'd buy them rather than the Brits.... :-)

I think they should release a commonwealth pack. Do Both American and British commonwealths in the same pack (granted American commonwealths aren't really awfully large, or productive (with the exception of puerto rico), and for the most part rely on the American military for defence, but it would be nice for new islands and a couple campaigns)

I'm Australian but i still have alot of respect for canadian forces, even though i don't think they should be released by themselves. It would have a much larger effect if they were released with some other countries like Germany and Australia, but since Takistan is fictional you could add pakistanis or Turks for more UN countries.

So what? There's not a single country in the world not using imported weapons, vehicles or tech in their military. I'd even dare say that most countries buy their stuff from other countries, possibly with deals including licenses for local production.

And I personally can't see very much French, Belgian, German, Swiss, Austrian or South African representation in the game aside from a handful of items, so what's the harm in adding more?

Most weapons are bought/originate in the US, Russia, Germany, UK, and France. And even in these countries, almost all of them trade weapons with each other. Its like Inkompetent said.

And anyway, why would Canada spend billions of dollars on weapons development, when the US and Great Britain are so willing to just give/sell them the technology, especially the US since Canada is an integral part of US defense plans?

I think it would be very interesting, since ArmA is full of fictional scenarios, to make DLC with woodland, desert, and artic Canadian armies, since yes, much of it is reskins, make one artic island, one urban island, and one tundra island, and give it a full campaign with a scenario like Russian invasion of Canada (I want someone other than Russia too, they play the 'bad guy' too much, and times have changed, but who else would invade Canada?). I would pay 30 bucks for that.

why does my comments seem to start arguments :(

Don't worry man. It's not your comments, it's how some people interpret them.

Don't worry man. It's not your comments, it's how some people interpret them.

Thanks for making me feel better :)

Canadians tend to modify and improve the weapon systems they (we) purchase. These differences can't really be expressed very well in the game, though, I think.

The CAF is a mixture of European and American equipment and our own innovations. The market for this pack would be Canadians and other international military enthusiasts. I would buy it for the same reason I would buy a Finnish DLC pack.

To say that the CAF pack would only comprise reskins of other country's stuff misses the point a little. For one, there isn't any DLC with any leopards, tac 50s, or anything like that currently. Also, who cares what innovations belong to who. Digital camouflage was a Canadian innovation, so was the fire control system for the m1a2. Noone is calling ACU, or (more appropriately) MARPAT, cheap knock offs of Canadian equipment ("they just like to recolour the blocks").

Leopard series - German

LAV series - Switzerland

Coyote - Canadian

Bison - Switzerland

ADATS - Switzerland

Nyala/Mamba - South African

G-Wagon series - Austrian

L16 - UK

LG1 Mark II -France

Eryx - French and Canadian

Timberwolf - Canadian

MacMillan Tac-50 - Used by U.S Navy SEALs (designation MK15)

FN High-Power - Belgium/US

Sig P225/P226 - German/Swiss

CF-18 Hornet - US

CH-146 Griffon - US made

We arent ignorant sir.

Yes, but you said it won't bring anything NEW to the table, just reskins. Hmmmm a lot of those things don't look like reskins of current things in the game.

You are ignorant, congratulations!

Yes, but you said it won't bring anything NEW to the table, just reskins. Hmmmm a lot of those things don't look like reskins of current things in the game.

You are ignorant, congratulations!

No im not ignorant, im interpreting how I read akd's comment. He acted (to me) as if all those were Canadian made so I simply showed them many were not. Im tired of people mis-interpreting everything I have typed.

No im not ignorant, im interpreting how I read akd's comment. He acted (to me) as if all those were Canadian made so I simply showed them many were not. Im tired of people mis-interpreting everything I have typed.

Then your gunna have to stop and think before you reply to responses you have mis-interpreted.

On Topic, i think CF will be pretty well covered by ONS, maybe if your really keen offer to help them out, there work so far has been good don't see why not, with a little bit more help, they couldn't cover most things.

Edited by Sabre

nah Zipper, i have upmost respect for any armed forces, but he called me ignorant for what i said so i was showing that not all of the equipment CF uses was theirs ;)

I responded to directly to comments about CF not bringing anything new to the game, CF being just retextures of US stuff, and CF forces just using US equipment. All three were shown to be ignorant statements.

Edited by akd42

CF being just retextures of US stuff

Explain the C7 and MOLLE vests than.

But I will agree with Sabre, ONS pretty much has this covered, and I believe we would benefit more if we had a pack that contained more than just the CF.

Explain the C7 and MOLLE vests than.

But I will agree with Sabre, ONS pretty much has this covered, and I believe we would benefit more if we had a pack that contained more than just the CF.

I don't understand. I think we might be on our way to another misunderstanding. Do you mean to imply that because the c7 looks very similar to an m16 and because the Canadians use MOLLE vests, that everything in the CF would be a reskin? I think you should perhaps explain the c7 and the MOLLE gear first.

the C7 is a variation of a the M16 thus, it would simply be put in as a reskin, the MOLLE vest is also already ingame and would thus be a another reskin, thats where be getting too ;)

the C7 is a variation of a the M16 thus, it would simply be put in as a reskin, the MOLLE vest is also already ingame and would thus be a another reskin, thats where be getting too ;)

Okay. Noone said there wouldn't be any cross over, but for the c7, does ArmA have the c79 optical sight? And having the same vest on the chest doesn't constitute a simple reskin for the whole unit. The point seems neither here nor there. If I read back, your original statement seems to be "Yeah, they just like to rename them a lot". I don't see how this backs up that statement.