Sign in to follow this  
UrbanXFX

DLC - Canadian Forces

9_S9P1kMNuM

Here's some prime Canadian Forces combat camera goodness. Let it never be said that the Canucks don't have stones. We're gentlemen off the battlefield and professional soldiers on it.

Wow, thanks for showing me that one, Coyote. Hadn't seen it before. Scott captured some awesome footage with our guys. :D

Unlike Germany, Canada took a fighting role in Afghanistan and has the next largest fighting force in Afghanistan after Britain. Germany has more soldiers but German policy is to keep them in safer areas away from the fighting. That's why despite deploying fewer soldiers Canada has suffered 150 casualties vs Germany's 44.

Edited by Polar Bear

Keep this bs about "fighting role" and stupid comparisons who got more dead/injured soldiers out...

Better write down what you would like to see in a "Canadian Forces DLC", what is typical/must have.

Keep this bs about "fighting role" and stupid comparisons who got more dead/injured soldiers out...

Better write down what you would like to see in a "Canadian Forces DLC", what is typical/must have.

The point being that while many nations have forces in Afghanistan only a few actually impact the combat operations, and it's those few we would presumably want to see implemented first if the goal is to represent Afghanistan realistically. I do not care for the debate either but several people here are apparently ignorant of the role Canada is playing in Afghanistan so it seemed worthwhile to correct that ignorance.

One weapon that's missing is the Arctic Warfare sniper rifle which both Canadian and British snipers used to set world records for longest sniper kill, in Afghanistan. Maybe that's coming in the British DLC, that would be nice. If implemented properly then ArmA players could join Counter-Strikers in moaning about how unfair that gun is :)

Edited by Polar Bear

Improve your googlefu and you will get some more informations about "fighting forces" in Afghanistan.

As for AWM you may missed BAF - weapon section

Long Range Rifle (LRR) is a British designation for a AWSM (Arctic Warfare Super Magnum) sniper rifle. It is highly prized as a dedicated long range sniper rifle that combines the easy handling with the great power and range.
So what else is typical for Canadians?

Gotta love how any mention of the Iraq war flares up aggression and anger, yet that was hardly the original person's intentions. It's like reading YouTube comments on any real military video... Anyways, fine, no need to mention it anymore.

Oh, so TRYING to avoid mindless political discussions reminds you of YouTube comments?? Rrright. :j:

It's not really the mention of Iraq that boggles my mind, it's the continuing obssession with George W. Bush which is what YouTube comments seem to be all about these days. But yes, lets move on. Nothing to see here.

Now to get back to the topic, I'm surprised at my fellow Canadians here that there is no mention of the fact that the CF is using the Leopard 2A6 over there. Having a Canadian DLC would be a great excuse to finally have the Leopard 2A6 in ARMA 2. Especially since it actually is being used in the 'Stan along side the older Leopard 2 variant.

Edited by BF2_Trooper

To put this discussion back on track, what I'd like to see:

- CF-18

- Leopard 2A6

- LAV III

- ADATS AA

- C7, C8, C9, C14 Weapons

- ERYX AT

- Canadian Infantry

Anything else?

To put this discussion back on track, what I'd like to see:

- CF-18

- Leopard 2A6

- LAV III

- ADATS AA

- C7, C8, C9, C14 Weapons

- ERYX AT

- Canadian Infantry

Anything else?

BIS has a habit of adding stuff that hasn't been put into service yet.

I think we should also see: F-35s, Chinook, CC-130, CH-146, and CH-148, and the G-Wagen.

There were/are Canadians in Iraq under some kind of soldier exchange program.

The Canadian record was set with a TAC-50 (Rob Furlong) From Newfoundland. now

a cop in Edmonton.

Edited by jblackrupert

There were/are Canadians in Iraq under some kind of soldier exchange program.

The Canadian record was set with a TAC-50 (Rob Furlong) From Newfoundland. now

a cop in Edmonton.

The Record is actually held by a british soldier now.

Pffft. Canadians. I haven't like your snipers since your countrymen claimed your man was better than Hathcock. I had 3 Canadians argue with me for an hour on that, and they ended up going the "I'm a 10 year old, i'm right and your wrong" route by tking and teabagging me. Over. And over. And over.

Pffft. Canadians. I haven't like your snipers since your countrymen claimed your man was better than Hathcock. I had 3 Canadians argue with me for an hour on that, and they ended up going the "I'm a 10 year old, i'm right and your wrong" route by tking and teabagging me. Over. And over. And over.
Records are meant to be broken. Besides take solace in the fact that it took 35 years for his record to be broken.

Oh I have no doubt that he broke the record, but he did it with a modern rifle, with all the advancements that were made to rifles and ammunition in those 35 years. I just think that if they were shooting the same rifle, at the same sized target from the same range, Carlos would have come out better. He was one hell of a marine.

OT: Weren't there Canadians in Iraq in the first year or two? I thought you guys were a part of the coalition.

OT: Weren't there Canadians in Iraq in the first year or two? I thought you guys were a part of the coalition.

No. Maybe you're thinking of Spaniards.

Oh I have no doubt that he broke the record, but he did it with a modern rifle, with all the advancements that were made to rifles and ammunition in those 35 years. I just think that if they were shooting the same rifle, at the same sized target from the same range, Carlos would have come out better. He was one hell of a marine.
Actually neither of them had an advantage over the other. That doesn't mean one is better than the other it just means that Hathcock's record is broken..

Sounds to me you were in the argumentative mood as well :p Why not just "Yeah, I agree" in such a voice that there is no misunderstanding that you don't agree, you just don't wanna fight about it.

I mean, who cares... Funny how Simo Häyhä is kept left out though...

Oh I have no doubt that he broke the record, but he did it with a modern rifle, with all the advancements that were made to rifles and ammunition in those 35 years.

And Hathcock broke previous records using a more advanced gun then the previous record holder and the guy before that.... so on a so on.

Heck even weight lifting records are broken by people using newer more advanced training techniques and diets etc...

There was a news article about Canadians sent to Iraq because they were part of a some kind of soldier/officer swap program. It got buried under other news items that appeared later.

Canadian officers are/were leading troops over there from day 1.

I think there were Canadian police sent there also to train the new Iraqi police force.

JTF2 (Joint Task Force 2) is also rumored to have taken part in hostage rescues in Iraq.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/ottawa/story/2006/03/23/ot-jtf2-rescue20060323.html

Edited by jblackrupert

What about DLC - Polish forces as well?

:rolleyes:

I have not downloaded any polish user generated content so I can not speak for it, nor have I downloaded any Canadian UGC... The British DLC is slated to come with commercial grade units, campaigns, and missions. I would pay for commercial grade CAF or Polish forces so long as it came with semi interesting campaigns and missions that gave perspective and playtime to the unique aspects of the units.

What would Canadian DLC bring anyway?

A couple of new units/reskins and elcan scopes? Amazing.

Edit:

So, f-18 and Leopard too? ...

Sorry, but Canada doesn't bring anything that new to the field. Maybe as free DLC.

Edited by Dead3yez