Sign in to follow this  
Walker001

Realistic target board (script)

scoreboard2.jpg

Hi all!

I have been the past weeks working on a new script project. This is a script that simulates a realisticly working 0 - 10 score target board. The project has reached a stage when i have the basic functionality working, and now the script only needs some testing and finetuning before i can make a public release.

Features:

- Working 0 - 10 score target board. For example if you hit a 9 this score will be saved to the target board. The scores can be checked after your shooting session.

- No direct feedback, like in real life you wont get an instant hint message about your score. After your shooting session you have to walk close to the target board itself in order to check your score.

- Works with all rifles and pistols.

- MP compability, with this script you will be able to compete at the target range with your friends online.

- This is a script not an addon. At the moment is only vanilla Arma 2 or OA required. (Thx to Bier AIG Razor)

The 0 - 10 score target board (instead of the popup targets) is something i've missed from the original game and when I haven't seen any similar community made project so far, so i decided to create it myself :). I hope you enjoy this small preview and stay tuned for the upcomming first release (hopely) during next week.

Edited by Walker001

What about a vanilla A2 version? For those of us who haven't got OA yet?

The script requires OA because of the sign model it is using. In order to make it work in vanilla A2 i see at the moment two possible solutions. One is to find an alternative A2 sign to replace the OA sign used. The other one is to create an addon version of this where the sign model is included. The first release will be OA only.

Will you add the ability to place the target at a distance you choose?

The targets are like any other object and can be plased wherever you want in the mission editor. At release there will be a small example mission with a rifle range with targets at different ranges. The ability to move targets ingame is not part of this script, but maybe some day sombody creates such a mission, using this script, where that is possible :).

Hi again. I made a small preview of what you can expect of my upcomming script. Hope you like it :).

pCuKq-JVwq4

P.S.

The strange scoring at the end of the video is due to a small bug. Each target was looking for hits in a to big radious and ended up also recoginzing hits from the neighbour board. This problem has already been fixed, so you can ignore it.

Edited by Walker001

Maybe i have the right sign (A2) for you. Try this classname: "WarfareBunkerSign".

You can find it under Warfare-buildings.

Edited by Bier AIG Razor

Great, will be interested to have this and test out rifles.

Maybe you could see if the author of the "Target Range" script/mission might incorporate it into that mission with a fixed position (not moving) that would be a nice combination.

Maybe i have the right sign (A2) for you. Try this classname: "WarfareBunkerSign".

You can find it under Warfare-buildings.

Great find. This is exactly what we need. I now tested the script with this object in vanilla A2 and it seems like it works without any heavy modifications. Thanx.

Awesome idea, I can already see player made training missions, something like the ones in AA2 & 3 where you need to get a certain score to pass :yay:

This is good, now all we need is to link it with JayArma2Lib and export scores into a DB and track the user, then scoreboards can be put on our website :).

Great find. This is exactly what we need. I now tested the script with this object in vanilla A2 and it seems like it works without any heavy modifications. Thanx.

Great to hear this! Can´t wait to test this script.

NICE! This should make the next "TG Best Sniper" competition a little easier to score. Great work man!