Sign in to follow this  
Tankriders

Bring Russian army back

Too bad you dont realize we do in Reality aswell......

I DO realize that. IRL you use every method avaliable to avoid friendly casualties. Bringing down lone sniper with tank, or calling for air strike. Lighting up every vehicle left empty near patrol route with Mk.19. Shooting wild dogs that walk too close. Spray&pray tactic. UAV patrols. Why would you take any chances?

But it's not FUN, ya know. Efective? Yes. Fun? I don't think so. Game realistic in that matter would be boring as hell. Good for training maybe. But surely not fun.

I would like to see REAL Russian Army. Not that unrealisticly equiped Task Force that was about to "liberate" Chernarus in ArmA2.

So big idea is: Make second expansion set. No, not DLC. EXPANSION. Ya know, think nearly as big as vanilla.

Give them gear like AK-74M, RPG-7 with PGO sight, RPG-29, MTLB, BTR-80, BMP-2, T-72B(M), T-80BV, T-80U, basically gear commonly used by RF Army. Make it at least in AO standard (Thermals, backpacks).

go to my addons, download them, use them , you have T80U, AK74M, RPG with PGO, BMP1, T80BV, SVDS, RPG22, RPG26, AKS etc. etc.

ALL IS MADE even 2S1, 2S7, RHS will do 2S3 etc.

you have all, for free, just download and use

OA standarts will be made in few weeks, now it is in Arma2 standarts (materials) with high realism (many models approved by Russian addonmakers from OFP)

http://www.armaholic.eu/vilas/other/vilas_aks.7z

Russian weapons pack

http://www.armaholic.eu/vilas/other/vil_char.7z

Characters pack with Russians in 6B13 real vest too and many OPFor or Bluefor units (Latin America, Asia)

http://www.armaholic.eu/vilas/vilas_st.7z

pack of vehicles including T80s and T64 and more

Edited by vilas

But it's not FUN, ya know. Efective? Yes. Fun? I don't think so. Game realistic in that matter would be boring as hell. Good for training maybe. But surely not fun.

Do it right, it can be fun, but if you dont want to go on the full scale invasion side, make your own missions, its great fun :)

Russian army is already in game. However a opfor DLC would be nice. Giving Takistan a T-80 or a T-84 would be nice. How about a mig-25 which is a great plane for dogfighting and actually provides a Air-Air fighter for takistan. Just some love for east would be nice. They never seem to get any love.

Russian army is already in game. However a opfor DLC would be nice. Giving Takistan a T-80 or a T-84 would be nice. How about a mig-25 which is a great plane for dogfighting and actually provides a Air-Air fighter for takistan. Just some love for east would be nice. They never seem to get any love.

how about downloading already existing addons instead of saying to BIS that they should spend time on content instead of patches and fixes and CC

Yes, you're right, but having it in official release have also it's benefits. First, with official release it's a lot easier to play in MP as most of ppl here will probably have it. Second, with official, there will be much more missions and campaigns basing on this for SP and coop. And without missions even XBOX huge addon pack like Project'85 won't get wide publicy.

Least but not last. I don't mind spending few more bucks for more comfortable gaming.

okay, but developer must spend time on fixing engine

otherwise engine will be left with bugs and... you will have "pay for addons which already done for free" ???

nonsense

what for produce "another version of army of country X" while:

- no healing bug after 1.07 ,

- for Arma3 there must be real-destruction of vehicles engine,

- many things that influence engine cannot be made by moders,

- wounds system,

- other simulation systems,

- performance behavior of game on VGA, CPU etc.

addonmaker can do:

- script

- mission

- texture

- model

but cant change engine bugs

XBOX... is Arma on XBOX??? or only screwed Codemasters product is for XBOX ???

consoles are enemy of wise-games (OFP > OFP2)

everyone of us has :

- one head

- 2 hands

we use them to do something, we cannot multiplay to do 10 things at once

the same to BIS

they are not 212548 workers company full of people like CocaCola or Microsoft , they have to choose priority

and we as community have also priority

if they would focus on DLC (which gives them financial profit) than who the hell would fix engine ???

free DLC i can do for you or other addonmakers

but we wont fix bugs in engine

as for me it seems that people who say "i want Russian army" do not know about "addons: complete" section of forum , many addonmakers do Russian stuff

in weeks will come OA compatible (FLIR) T80, T64, Soldiers, AK74M etc.

Polish army thermal-compatible is in progress, is tested

soon Russian vehicles (T64, T80, BMP1, 2S1, maybe T90, maybe BMP3...) soon, just wait some more weeks :]

Edited by vilas

okay, but developer must spend time on fixing engine

otherwise engine will be left with bugs and... you will have "pay for addons which already done for free" ???

That's your opinion Vilas, I respect it, but mine is different. Also I don't think engine coding, AI/scripts and models/textures are made by same people.

addonmaker can do:

- script

- mission

- texture

- model

but cant change engine bugs

Nobody expect them to do that, but do it's not like we mind "BIS made addons" nor we expect BIS to provide raw engine, as it would be rudiculus and very not marketing-wise move.

XBOX... is Arma on XBOX??? or only screwed Codemasters product is for XBOX ???

consoles are enemy of wise-games (OFP > OFP2)

No, no :D. "XBOX huge" (or "XBOX hueg") means "very, very big" in urban language. It refers to excessive physical size of MS console

Also I feel we went VERY offtopic. Maybe we should move this discussion to separate (or more fitting) thread

Edited by boota

but you know that if someone demands REAL addons, than addonmaker is better than developer

so i would rather stick BIS into engine, features, and addonmaker into "how much pockets on which arm, what shape of muzzle flash in rifle, how big pockets on pants"

cause "real" addons are already, quasi-real are in game

no need to make another DLC in which you will have Russian in old helmet mixed with old Soviet era vest with newest FLORA camo on it, futuristic AK-707 and RPK-7 (nor their AK is 107 neither RPK is RPK) and outdated phased out launcher from 70s

lets addonmakers stay on "content"

than play Soviet soldier in Russian camo with futuristic weapons mixed with phased out long ago

its enough of ACU soldier with SCARs

BIS makes great engine, islands... let they stay off from Russian and Polish troops

if players need, i would pay for DLC including code for ERA, SHTORA , ARENA systems

like OA contain thermal-vision

we can support BIS and we want, but not "please do DLC with REAL Russians" cause they wont do it real

they will mix non-existing weapons, with almost-not-used vehicles + outdated vest + outdated launcher...

i can do American army with ACU + OICW + Brownining M1919 machinegun + BAR + laser-sniper rifle and put them into Marpat painted Abrams tank.. but what for ?

:)

FLIR is great, Takistan is great, Takistani civilians are great, maybe in future we will have real working ERA system

maybe in future we will get tank, which cannot be destroy by hiting it's commanders machinegun or cannot be blow away by 350 rounds from AK ;)

if someone here moans about real things that he want, he has addonmakers :]

i prefer addon of Russian with AK74M and RPG 26 and wearing 6B13 than Russian with RPG18, AK-77, RPK-7 (not 74, not 107, RPK with AK receiver, drum ) also Specnaz using wood SVD instead of SVDS and MVD without SV98 or 9A91 but with silenced AKS74U (who use silenced 5.45 ammo ?? does it have power to penetrate thinest vest ? does it have power to reload bolt ??? underpowered for subsonic ammo from 5.45 is weaker than 9mm Para)

for silent actions Russians have SP5, SP6 ammo