Sign in to follow this  
=kct=blackmamba

ARMA 2: OA Beta 72716 is up

Does "quad core" include the iCore 7 which shows up as 8 cores due to HT? Or should I use -cpuCount=8 ?

Does "quad core" include the iCore 7 which shows up as 8 cores due to HT? Or should I use -cpuCount=8 ?

No no, -cpucount=8 won´t do any good, this whole cpucount- thingie was introduced to prevent the system from acessing virtual cores (because ArmA2 is not optimized for HT), so you could say: yes "quadcore" includes especially the I7 cpu´s.

Edited by @ST

AI and any lights - say no more.....

They don't react to commands, but they do seem to react on the situation.

Like I said, lasers enable/disable works fine.

No no, -cpucount=8 won´t do any good, this whole cpucount- thingie was introduced to prevent the system from acessing virtual cores (because ArmA2 is not optimized for HT), so you could say: yes "quadcore" includes especially the I7 cpu´s.

@ST that information is only valid for Windows 7.

-cpuCount = 8 is not a limitation suffered by Windows XP where it significantly improves performance - be specific, it's important to give accurate advice.

Protegimus

@ST that information is only valid for Windows 7.

-cpuCount = 8 is not a limitation suffered by Windows XP where it significantly improves performance - be specific, it's important to give accurate advice.

Protegimus

and you know this...? Link? -cpucount= has a limit and its 4.

No mate, -cpuCount = is limited to however many cores you have in your system (or fewer), ref.: Dwarden, Bi Developer.

and you know this...? Link? -cpucount= has a limit and its 4.

If you need additional references, I'm sure the search function or a search engine will turn up something useful to all of us.

Protegimus

No mate, -cpuCount = is limited to however many cores you have in your system (or fewer), ref.: Dwarden, Bi Developer.

If you need additional references, I'm sure the search function or a search engine will turn up something useful to all of us.

Protegimus

sure you can believe that.... its four real cores, it wont use your Virtual cores.. well i stand corrected on the cores , there are six real core CPUs but it wont use more than four still.

sure you can believe that.... its four real cores, it wont use your Virtual cores.. well i stand corrected on the cores , there are six real core CPUs but it wont use more than four still.

Why not download Process Explorer from sysinternals.com, fire it up and monitor the arma2.exe/arma2oa.exe process, you will see multiple threads (typically 8-12) running which can be scheduled on a seperate physical (or logical) core according to the O/S.

You could also have a look here for more information about the specific approach taken by the developers.

Protegimus

Quick bug report on this beta patch.

win 7 64bit

Steam version Combined Ops

Map: takistan Domination

Bug: Vehicle/chopper repair pads do not work anymore with this beta patch using Steam.

We tested this with 10 people on our server, some running steam, some running disc version and some running digital download from another company (non-steam). Everyone running the steam version or digital download version of the game (combined ops) had the same problem as me (not able to repair/rearm/refuel their vehicles/helo's). However, those who run the game as a boxed (disc) version did not have the same problem. It worked no problems at all, the messages popped up on the screen for them saying what was being reloaded etc.

I've not experienced this bug since I started running the beta patches. With out the beta patches this same bug affected me and others on our server who were running steam/digital download versions of the game. As soon as we used the first beta patches the problem went away. Now it appears to be back with this particular beta version. We are rolling back to an older beta patch now.

Quick bug report on this beta patch.

win 7 64bit

Steam version Combined Ops

Bug: Vehicle/chopper repair pads do not work anymore with this beta patch using Steam.

Um... helipads don't repair vehicles. You must be using a mod or script.

The repair at helipad thingy is a domination script, if it doesnt work with the latest beta its something conflicting with the script.

Its not a BIS mission so i dont think BIS will look into it..

They may not look into it but I think its still useful to post it here as others who are running this beta patch will most likely run into the same problem. Therefore they will be able to see (by reading my previous post) that its a conflict with the beta patch and domination for what ever reason.

As too whats causing the conflict whether its code incompatibility on the Domination side or possible error in the beta patch code I am unsure. However, if it is indeed a problem with the beta patch code, its good for BIS to know about this because it could cause problems with other peoples mods etc. as well which would need to be addressed by BIS.

Thanks for your time and replies guys/gals and happy camping! LoL

The only thing that strikes me with Domination reload script is the use of the new turret commands. Can you check if any of the commands listed under 71816 work at all for you?

72291 - smell smell sniff sniff :D

As too whats causing the conflict whether its code incompatibility on the Domination side or possible error in the beta patch code I am unsure. However, if it is indeed a problem with the beta patch code, its good for BIS to know about this because it could cause problems with other peoples mods etc. as well which would need to be addressed by BIS.

You would be far better posting it in the thread for that mission (if there is one) or PMing the author. It's his responsibility to fix it or determine the cause (if it really is an engine bug).

You would be far better posting it in the thread for that mission (if there is one) or PMing the author. It's his responsibility to fix it or determine the cause (if it really is an engine bug).

Uhm no.

The Steam 1.52 version has not the same build number as patch 1.52 so it's missing the turret commands introduced with patch 1.52. That's all.

Steam 1.52 = 71612 (is 71612 correct ?)

Patch 1.52 = 71816

1.53 (or whatever version number it gets) will finally resolve this issue.

I have the Metaboli version 1.52 (and the same problem) and had to patch it allthough it is allready 1.52 so it looks more that you guys have not started a beta patch but the normal Steam release version.

Have checked it with the latest available beta patch, turret commands are working fine.

Xeno

Edited by Xeno

Your shortcut is messed up. I had the same exact problem and it was because I had both the :\Arma2\expansions and :\Arma2\expansions\beta running as mods in Arma2Launcher. I removed just the \expansions folder and all works well. Double check to make sure your shortcut is legit

My noobness is still preventing me from getting this running correctly, can you post your command line please.

is anyone else getting misalignment in air vehicle?

the position of the pilots head seems to be moved to the left :s

Yep me too

same problem with door gunner, gunner sits to the right of gun and iron sight is not aligned when zoomed in.

Placing AddOns in the AddOns folder in My Documents no longer works, before I could place a .pbo in C:\Users\[username]\My Documents\ArmA 2\AddOns but now I have to use modfolders. Please fix.

I just got the auto email from qbasix telling me the 72716 beta is up. :) I've already been using it for weeks. :D

---------- Post added at 10:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 AM ----------

Placing AddOns in the AddOns folder in My Documents no longer works, before I could place a .pbo in C:\Users\[username]\My Documents\ArmA 2\AddOns but now I have to use modfolders. Please fix.

You shouldn't really do that anyway, it's bad practice. modfolders is a much better way.

If you want them just dumped in one folder, make one called @addons and bung all the PBOs in there then use that as your one and only mod folder.

They removed the broken beta, so now the previous one shows up as the latest. Probably triggering that email as if it's a new beta.