Sign in to follow this  
=kct=blackmamba

ARMA 2: OA Beta 72716 is up

played last night online, no CTD nothing major.

there is still noticeable texture flickering on building windows, not sure if this decreases performance, also noticed players skipping *frame skipping* became much noticeable when mounting the vehicle gun or zoomed into iron sight.

With this beta the thermal sight effect is very toned down.

yes i also noticed this yesterday

it seems some things are broken with this beta as some missions simple do not start in editormode, rolling back to last beta before this.

Edited by horror1

One thing I've just noticed, which I can't blame just this patch for, is that while testing rifles in the Armory, you will be loaded with ammo magazines of other rifles. For example, you could be handling a Mk17 but have STANAG, G36 and MG36 magazines preloaded.

I did not try all weapons, nor have I noticed it before as I didn't try the Armory with all patches.

I have had, and i have seen others on the server I play on get "out of Memory" errors. That crash the game with this Beta. All on Win7x64, all with or more than 4GB.

Yes, how can this not have been fixed yet? This is top-priority as it essentially makes a weapon completely ineffective. :popup:

Besides that you're doing an excellent job, BI. (:

That is a content fix, not an engine fix. So BIS might have fixed it, but you'll have to wait for the full patch (beta's don't typically contain content fixes).

Yes, how can this not have been fixed yet?

Since data and model changes usually dont belong to beta paches because of the filesize.

@Big Dawg KS and rundll.exe

Thank you. I just learned something new!

scopes turn off nvg and block them.

Im getting a no entry Bin\Config.bin/ROF Fullauto.Artillerydispersion error on vehiclemounted weapons from usermade addons, not on the BIS weapons.

After uninstalling, which after reading the other posts seems like a bad idea, im getting No entry Bin\Config.bin on everything on al sorts of files.

scopes turn off nvg and block them.

:j: That is (and has been) a feature...You can't use NVG's and a rifle scope at the same time IRL either

And to compensate, we have some weapons with NVG equipped scopes instead. Also you can still use the battle sights (alternative "optics", secondary dot sights etc) for non NVG equipped scopes. Forces you to choose the right weapon for the job, or get some illumination going.

Big improvement for me: performance is pretty similar to what I was seeing with A2 1.07.

I can push up my VD by at least 1,500 and my object detail two settings, and still get better performance than previous builds.

Strobing and problems with HDR are much, much less noticable - seems to me the different way of handling memory helps CrossFire users a lot. Campaign is actually playable now without being a chore, well done BIS :icon_eek:.

As well as my specs below, it's worth noting I've switched my page file off.

Encountered one crash when lots of addons running. Seems to take noticably longer to load mission briefings than before - this was the point at which it crashed (probably related to lack of page file).

:j: That is (and has been) a feature...You can't use NVG's and a rifle scope at the same time IRL either

Hmm. And it was there before the new beta aswell? I just experienced it last night and was really annoyed. Also because our ammo crates don't have NV scopes in them yet.

In this beta game CTDs even faster, same message:

Distribution: 1486

Version 1.52.72716

Fault address: 00468853 01:00067853 D:\Games\Bohemia Interactive\Combined Operations\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe

file: T03_Armor_Training

world: utes

Prev. code bytes: A9 1E 00 00 C2 08 00 CC CC CC CC CC CC 56 8B F1

Fault code bytes: 8B 46 08 85 C0 7D 17 D1 F8 83 F8 20 7D 05 B8 20

Registers:

EAX:00001000 EBX:24FF7118

ECX:00000000 EDX:40000000

ESI:00000000 EDI:00000000

CS:EIP:0023:00468853

SS:ESP:002B:0178F6FC EBP:00001000

DS:002B ES:002B FS:0053 GS:002B

Flags:00010206

Hmm. And it was there before the new beta aswell? I just experienced it last night and was really annoyed. Also because our ammo crates don't have NV scopes in them yet.

Yea, that was a feature on release. Not sure how you missed it for this long. :eek:

Using scopes and NVGs still works for the old ArmA II Weapons with OA.

I like the new FLIR, it's not so overpowered now.

I'm split. I agree it's not so overpowered, but I'm forced on using black hot as I'm left totally blind with white hot. Might be a gamma/monitor issue.

Have to say what alot of others have been saying, the game seems alot smoother for me, less stuttering and so on. Even if the frames themselves aren't any higher. Seems good to be honest.

I think the white hot as CG just said seems really hard to use, maybe its just a bit too dark/lacking contrast now...

Need to properly compare with the baseline 1.52 patch, but FPS feel better for me, especially in Zargabad. The town is now actually playable with stable >30 framerates and almost no stuttering.