Sign in to follow this  
=kct=blackmamba

ARMA 2: OA Beta 72716 is up

I haven't seen any increase in performance frame rate remains the same.

[72701] New: getWeaponCargo, getMagazineCargo, getBackpackCargo script commands

So are these new commands used for adding items into the backpack ?

Or do they replace commands like, this addWeapon & this addMagazine ?

Can someone explain what this new commands do ?

Thanks

So are these new commands used for adding items into the backpack ?

Or do they replace commands like, this addWeapon & this addMagazine ?

Can someone explain what this new commands do ?

Thanks

You can see what ammo crates and backpacks contain.

WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA! I was skeptical at first.... and at first I thought I was right because I didn't see a change. I then tried one thing after installing this patch, I deleted my config file to get a fresh makeup. NOW, I definitely notice an improvement in framerate in zargabad with civ module, animal module, specops, numerous AI and max graphics, the sim is playable within the city streets. I can only imagine it will get better from here :D I'm sure there are many more optimizations possible, but at the moment this new memory handler is a plus for me!

EDIT: AW NUTSACK! My mission just froze. I was able to ALT-TAB out to find a "Program has stopped working" message tho. So at least it wasn't a full on meltdown. I haven't had a freeze since trying the mission "Bear Rising" in OA. I must also mention that I alt-tabbed out to turn on FRAPS to get a look at my FPS. So, it could have been a mem corruption when I parcelled a slice of RAM for the use of FRAPS.

Edited by NeoHazard

With this beta the thermal sight effect is very toned down.

I noticed the same, FLIR is way too dark now. Hopefully they will fix this soon rather than leaving it broken for months like many bugs i've seen.

First, many thanks again to the Devs working so hard, dowlnoading now, trying afterwards ;)

@Neohazard:

I play very seldomly SP-Missions but i tend to hop in and out of game to the desktop to activate various things such as Winamp, Fraps or just check wikipedia on some small info I wanna have right then and my game does only very very rarely crash on Alt+Tab-bing, so am I just lucky with game and system stability or can you maybe deactivate some background proggies that might unneccessarily take up place in your systems´s memory ?

A friend of mine just changed his !Firewall! from a Comodo to ZoneAlarm and we all saw his "permanently-appearing-error:no unit"-bug disappear altogether.

Maybe this could point you to a weak link in your sys.

Cya on the battlefields

OK without specifiying my system specs and running vanilla install with beta. I am getting small micro-pauses in game with BE WARFARE 062. Anyone else getting this?

"I noticed the same, FLIR is way too dark now."

This is true. But I am sure we`ll see a fix soon.

OK without specifiying my system specs and running vanilla install with beta. I am getting small micro-pauses in game with BE WARFARE 062. Anyone else getting this?

Im guessing on data-streaming related fps-decreases since not knowing your specs xD

Im guessing on data-streaming related fps-decreases since not knowing your specs xD

Thanks to BELARC ADVISOR

2.67 gigahertz Intel Core i7 920

32 kilobyte primary memory cache

8192 kilobyte secondary memory cache

64-bit ready

Multi-core (4 total)

Hyper-threaded (8 total)

6142 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory

Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. EX58-UD5

Bus Clock: 133 megahertz

BIOS: Award Software International, Inc. F7 05/11/2009

ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series [Display adapter]

I noticed the same, FLIR is way too dark now. Hopefully they will fix this soon rather than leaving it broken for months like many bugs i've seen.

Same problem for me

yes it is noticeably darker/brighter, creating a very homogeneous, bland background

CIT ticket created.

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/12920

Vote if you notice it too

Cross

For posting system specs. you could use the items listed in my sig as a reference - it is relevent and useful information.

With regard to your issue, I experienced the same thing and it was due to an additional (unneeded) Explorer shell extension being registered during OA installation: CmdLineExt.dll - the SecuROM context menu for Explorer.

Disabling or removing that immediately returned my system performance to what it was prior to OA install.

If you have good cooling for your CPU and decent RAM, you could investigate overclocking your processor too - it will make a big difference to the raw performance.

Protegimus

Can anyone else confirm the change with the "Swap Gunner" key action?

M1A2

For example until now in a M1A2 pressing the key would change the positions:

Driver->Gunner->Commander->Gunner->Commander->Gunner->....

With this beta:

Driver->Loader->Commander, key action stops working because you Turn out as Commander.

Turn in, use the swap key (Commander->Loader->Commander) and key stops working again.

And you never go to the gunner position.

BMP3

Previous:

Driver->Gunner->Commander->Gunner->Commander->Gunner->....

Beta:

Driver->Gunner Right->Gunner Left->Gunner Right->....

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/12922

Patched our dedicated server and tried to load Bennys actual Warfare. (2.063) Load failed with the following message

'\bin.config.bin\Cfg.VoiceTypes/male01.alternative'

RPT shows lots of...

2010/08/14, 11:04:41 Speaker not found, patched to first Male01EN

Cheers ! :)

P.S.: Our 2nd vanilla server (1.52) works fine with Bennys 2.063 mission. No error, missions load !

this latest beta build is the best for me so far, its much smoother now in areas which wasn't so in previous betas.

Is there anywhere i can get the beta patches in zip, not that i don't trust BIS, I just don't like installers. It also overwrite my OA root exe in my last attempt.

Edit: I usually get my beta's from six updater but it's not up to date yet

Edited by Laugen
forgot

Last 3 beta server versions won't even load the mission Domination.

Mission Hangs on load... 2010/08/13, 20:08:40 NetServer::finishDestroyPlayer(1413340955): DESTROY immediately after CREATE, both cancelled

This may be an issue with the mission...? co@30_Domination_2_28A2_West_AI_ACE_OA.Takistan

[4043,49.181,0,"MISSINIT","co@30_Domination_2_28A2_West_R_ACE_OA","Takistan",true,true,true]

2010/08/14, 12:34:26 [4043,51.427,0,"XEH: PreInit Finished"]

2010/08/14, 12:34:26 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVoice.Male01DE'.

2010/08/14, 12:34:26 Warning Message: No entry '.identityTypes'.

2010/08/14, 12:34:26 Warning Message: Size: '/' not an array

Anyone out there able to duplicate this with ARMA2_OA_Build_72716?

I would like to run the latest beta on the server, but if it cant load the mission that is most played .. then it is not likely.

Client seems ok, but needs further testing.

EDIT:

MISSION ISSUES> Mission Related to beta changes, something XENO is going to have to sort out in future releases.

Edited by pchaxor

Cursor still isn't fixed. When will BIS fix it? Commanding anything with a wide deadzone is like super tedious

Cursor still isn't fixed. When will BIS fix it? Commanding anything with a wide deadzone is like super tedious

In the meantime you may push your alt key (free-look) while commanding. Just don't select your fourth unit while doing this. :D

fps-decreases with this beta patch I loss 6 FPS,test in mission perfomance.

I did some testing last night and found that it is no quicker than older betas but seems a lot smoother. I haven't got any empirical data, but running it through the Arma benchmark missions yielded similar FPS to previous betas. While playing the game with lots of AI in Chernagorsk, for example, there was less FPS spiking and overall the framerate seems more consistent.

I didn't think I'd see huge framerate gains though as my PC is a beast and runs OA pretty quickly normally.

I like the brightness change on TI, but sadly it highlights the difference between OA and standard A2 units even more. Maybe there could be some sort of control for the user, so they can define the brightness/contrast for their TI systems.

hmmmm If your forward view is right mouse zoomed ahead, and you lean left, view stays the same as it should. But if you lean right while in forward zoom view... it rezooms ahead. Hard to explain.

@pchaxor:

No problem running heavily modified version of Domination here. Both client and server running this beta.