Sign in to follow this  
craig.turner

Project Reality - WIP Discussion

Or employ them to work for BIS and work on the MP side of Arma 3?

Its unlikely that BIS would employ PR. Its even more unlikely that PR would work for BIS.

Reason being that PR would lose their ability to develop as they please. BIS would have certain demands and time constraints on this, that PR might not be wanting. It would also mean that PR would now be a paid for add-on rather than the free that its going to be and has been for so many years.

For them to work togethe, but not exclusively would make this a wonderful time for someone to start playing arma.

I didnt see any mention of a warthog vehicle for the PR add on so I was just wondering if anyone had any intention of creating one for this add on. If you were i think alot of people would be very grateful especially if it is done to the quality of the other vehicles you have created!! Also will there be a brownout effect for the helis when they land in the desert just they do in Afghan?

thank you very much for this add on can not wait for it to be released!!

a3 fixes the lackluster netcode

#1 biggest fix they could make right before

#2 enemy AI being better, especially in urban areas and in buildings. But PR isn't about AI so...

Its unlikely that BIS would employ PR. Its even more unlikely that PR would work for BIS.

Reason being that PR would lose their ability to develop as they please. BIS would have certain demands and time constraints on this, that PR might not be wanting. It would also mean that PR would now be a paid for add-on rather than the free that its going to be and has been for so many years.

For them to work togethe, but not exclusively would make this a wonderful time for someone to start playing arma.

True but i imagine BIS would offer them a decent salary and lets face it. BIS is no EA. BIS actually do listen to us and do not hold back and dumb down their games for the masses.

The reason why i suggested this is because the guys who made desert combat mod on BF1942 where all employed by DICE for BF2.

edit: You see, we can get along fine eh.

hey can i just ask again if you guys have any intention of creating a warthog for the PR:ArmA2 OA release? It would be a great addition especially for a convoy mission with the Man lorry and the jackal and panthers!!

http://www.thinkdefence.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/Warthog.jpg

Edited by JonathanBateman

hey can i just ask again if you guys have any intention of creating a warthog for the PR:ArmA2 OA release? It would be a great addition especially for a convoy mission with the Man lorry and the jackal and panthers!!

http://www.thinkdefence.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/Warthog.jpg/IMG]

That would be an excellent add-on, and considering how widely used it is out in Afghanistan i cant image PR would leave it out. maybe for the first few updates anyway.

Your image is slightly over 100kb mate, You may get an arse spanking for it

i beleive others have tried to bring the warthob/bronco and similar vehicles into the game but have had trouble becuase of the articulated body. who knows maybe PR will have better luck.

i have a funny feeling that they are producing the warthog :) whilst i was looking at their website i found the part where they showed themselves recording the sounds for the vehicles and there was a warthog there and it shows them recording the noises for it....so i am hopeful that they are/have produced one!!!!! :D time will tell

Yes we are working on the Warthog, along with a number of other vehicles, and we have found a workaround (we think) for the articulated problem area.

We are also working on the Scimitar2 (Still very WIP), which has just only just finished being trialled and will be in theater soon to replace the current Scimitar fleet, as I am keen to ensure the latest UOR's relevant to our gameplay are in PR.

th_S2_REF58.jpgth_S2_REF65.jpg

th_scimitar2_1.jpg

We now have 4 Terrains in production also, of course these are all Post v0.1

Edited by Craig.Turner

thanks for the update and very glad to hear that there is a warthog in production. Definitely the best part of the add on in my opinion!!!! thanks also the schimitar model is looking very good indeed! i cant believe you guys produce this stuff for free!! makes me very happy

Mini Update has been posted over at our forums for all those interested, covering some more pictures of the Scimitar 2, and 2 new terrains we are working on ........ none of which are for v0.1 though.

PR: ArmA2 Mini Update - June

Looking good.

Do you think we might see some gameplay prior to release (seeing schedule says that's about a month away)?

Looking good.

Do you think we might see some gameplay prior to release (seeing schedule says that's about a month away)?

We did intend to create a short video, however I am not sure if we will get it done in time - trini_scourge is afk with RL work right now, and we have a lot of other stuff to be getting on with to make the release .... so am not sure yet.

Potential Recruitment Post

Project Reality are currently looking to enhance our Artist Team, and are interested in skilled Texture artists, for Vehicles / Objects (PR Walls, Buildings etc) and Helo work.

If you are available and would like to assist Project Reality at all, please get in touch via pm so we can discuss things further.

Of course, we are always looking for config Devs too - but they seem to be very scarce in the ArmA community.

Cheers

What's the status on that gameplay video?

Done when its done :p

Trust me, this guy right here is a patient bear. I am just wondering if the video is gonna actually happen.

Because a patient bear being patient for something that isn't going to happen is pointless lol.

Not too sure we will make this in time prior to release, but we are working on Tutorial Videos.

We are trying to meet a deadline, and at this point its all hands to the deck

Thanks UK!

Can't wait to spend countless hours ,that could be spent making something of myself, playing PR!