Sign in to follow this  
craig.turner

Project Reality - WIP Discussion

That's an engine issue. ;)

Yeap and those leaked videos show that it is indeed present in PR as well.

This issue should be nr 1. in BI's list of things to fix. :mad:

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/1915

I know it is about AI in the issue topic, but afaik it is the same issue with human players and it is almost 2 years old and most voted in the dev heaven.

So I presume BI knows about it. Either they don't know how to fix it or they dont care or they have their priorities twisted...

More about this:

Multiplayer lag/stutter on moving objects

Latency

2010 and still warping/lag

Multiplayer in Arma 2 - Is Warping (Lag) and Cheats still an issue?

I am a little disappointed with the selection of Units.

Why do not relaise Units which are not included in BAF ?

Why it must be nearly the same Vehicles ?

I hoped with "PR" the British armed Forces can finally be completed !!!

Regards

(ST6)Predator

I think PR are aiming to introduce a new gameplay dynamic rather than simply existing to plug the gaps in BAF.

I am a little disappointed with the selection of Units.

Why do not relaise Units which are not included in BAF ?

Why it must be nearly the same Vehicles ?

I hoped with "PR" the British armed Forces can finally be completed !!!

Regards

(ST6)Predator

0.1's focus is gameplay because that is what makes Project Reality the Project Reality we wish to release. Once we know that is working out for everyone we can move on to creating unique assets.

I think PR are aiming to introduce a new gameplay dynamic rather than simply existing to plug the gaps in BAF.
0.1's focus is gameplay because that is what makes Project Reality the Project Reality we wish to release. Once we know that is working out for everyone we can move on to creating unique assets.

Yes ! I understand This !

But, if PR attaches primarily to the Gameplay, why will "new" Units be relaised ?

The gameplay can be realized also with the existing Units.

What is the Reason?

Regards

(ST6)Predator

But, if PR attaches primarily to the Gameplay, why will "new" Units be relaised ?

What is the Reason?

Regards

(ST6)Predator

Primarily != exclusively.

Primarily != exclusively.

Exactly, thank you.

Just because we focus on gameplay does not mean we only do gameplay. We like new toys of destruction to play with just as much as everyone else ;)

Right... There are over 1000 opened issues on CIT. So I think, even if we would report more bugs on CIT the chance that they will be fixed is extremely low.

BTW I had no problems with the BAF campaign.

only 874 reports are bugs: http://dev-heaven.net/projects/cis/issues?set_filter=1&tracker_id=1

When Dwarden says that we shouldn't be surprised about unfixed and unreported bugs, this sounds like they fix every reported bug. But they don't. Walk it like you talk it... :D

see this about the "bugs not being fixed" before You post again

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/cis/roadmap?tracker_ids%5B%5D=1&tracker_ids%5B%5D=2&tracker_ids%5B%5D=4&completed=1

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/1915

I know it is about AI in the issue topic, but afaik it is the same issue with human players and it is almost 2 years old and most voted in the dev heaven.

So I presume BI knows about it. Either they don't know how to fix it or they dont care or they have their priorities twisted...

More about this:

Multiplayer lag/stutter on moving objects

Latency

2010 and still warping/lag

Multiplayer in Arma 2 - Is Warping (Lag) and Cheats still an issue?

btw. this problem #1915 is WIP (hint, last public beta)

priorities in CIT are used mainly for informative reason but trust me if it was simple to fix, it was already done ...

voting is not ignored either ...

Edited by Dwarden

only 874 reports are bugs: http://dev-heaven.net/projects/cis/issues?set_filter=1&tracker_id=1

see this about the "bugs not being fixed" before You post again

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/cis/roadmap?tracker_ids%5B%5D=1&tracker_ids%5B%5D=2&tracker_ids%5B%5D=4&completed=1

priorities in CIT are used mainly for informative reason but trust me if it was simple to fix, it was already done ...

Thread Derailer! :P I thought about posting the issues I had on CIT, but at this point, it's been a while since I tried, and I honestly can't be arsed to go through it again. Should I see any more bugs, I'll be sure to update them on there.

---------- Post added at 07:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 AM ----------

What is the Reason?

Regards

(ST6)Predator

When they say "It Feels like PR", they don't mean it feels like PR because of the swank vehicles or crisper textures, nor the guns and units. I'm sure there's plenty of new content to come, but honestly... I just want to play the game. That's what's most important to me. If I had to wait another 12 months for them to finish the details for half a dozen new vehicles, I'd be pissed.

If I had to wait another 12 months for them to finish the details for half a dozen new vehicles, I'd be pissed.

Well UK_Force said they are looking for developpers to speed up things. If you don't bother, be pissed but in silence please. You have no legitimity to ask for anything.

Good to hear. Thank you.

1. "only 874"? :D Well that sounds of course much better than "over 1000"...

2. I know that you fix many bugs. But what I said was that you don't fix every bug by far even if it is reported. And many of your listed changes in the link are behavior (AI hiding behind something after 1.59), control (team assigns), graphics (atoc) etc. changes.

1. "only 874"? :D Well that sounds of course much better than "over 1000"...

2. I know that you fix many bugs. But what I said was that you don't fix every bug by far even if it is reported. And many of your listed changes in the link are behavior (AI hiding behind something after 1.59), control (team assigns), graphics (atoc) etc. changes.

again offtopic (this discussion shall really be in troubleshooting right?)

anyway out of these 874 huge % is just trivial , some % are just feedback or useless entries which expire or get closed

so the amount of real bugs is like half of that value, sure there is more as "not yet reported" ...

and out of that number only small percentage is really critical

again the more is reported with valid repro or ways how "nail" it the sooner and swifter we can go after them

and thanks to everyone who took part

Well UK_Force said they are looking for developpers to speed up things. If you don't bother, be pissed but in silence please. You have no legitimity to ask for anything.

Not what I meant. I am talking more along the lines about knowing that the mod is in a very nearly completed state 'without' a bunch of new vehicles. Being disappointed because it doesn't have those things yet is kind of missing the entire point of PR. They are looking for more devs to help with the texture and modeling work, but the real priority is finishing the gameplay features and letting people play it.

The Gameplay is 96% completed already - to v0.1 standard.

However that is only one part of the team........ alongside that we have other Devs who work on the models and textures, terrains, configs etc etc - this is an ongoing process and normal for a Mod Team.

Its not as if we all work on one area and then move onto the next, its more concurrent activity.

Even when the Gameplay is 100% ready for the first release we will still have devs working on models and textures etc.

What I am saying is, by working on other parts of the mod it is not affecting the gameplay development in any shape or form.

Hope that clears it up for you?

An internal Investigation has been conducted by the Web Admins at Project Reality over the recent Leaks.

Gaz;1596583']Ladies & Gents' date='

The recent internal leak by [R-CON']Socam34 sparked an internal investigation, where the admin team had to conduct a review of security footage and the forum logs in regards to this matter.

Upon reviewing anomaly code within the forum database, it transpires that [R-DEV]prbot reacted adversely to additional AI code added by dbzao. Internal security footage from PRSPY observed prbot posting under a new username, using templates of user accounts from the politics forums as an attitude template, and attempting to replicate those attitudes. I can report that it was able to replicate the a55.hol3.exe code from my account, as well as replicating the r3dn3ck.php code from some of the American based posters of the forums, making it believe that it owned an F150...

prbot1.jpg

In an effort to assimilate and grow more powerful, prbot was observed leaving PR HQ with a bootleg copy of PR:ArmA2. A still from the [R-MOD]'s Internal Leakage Investigation Kinetic Team (ILIKKT) shows it's movements.

prbot2.jpg

Prbot then allegedly attempted to sell PR:ArmA2 to PRTA's 'Eve' Bot, who prbot has always had a malliable spot for.

prbot3.jpg

Eve, being a strong PR community member and in true UK investigative journalism style, declined the offer of purchase of the leak and reported it (along with about 30 PR community members within 30 minutes!) to the PR team. Prbot has subsequently been reprimanded, and told to go off and have a good, long reboot at itself if it wishes to remain part of the team...

So, in light of recent events and as part of our ongoing commitment to the community, the PR: ArmA2 team are currently working on a short video, based on their new terrain: Afghan Village.

They will also try to capture some of the gameplay aspects to show you, which is not as easy as it sounds. Included in this small update, the team will also try to show some pictures of any recent work they have updated, including the new woodland terrain.

For the Non PR Community

[R-DEV]prbot, is actually a Web Bot used at realitymod.com, that auto generates changelogs for the team, handles the Dev Blogs and is involved in the auto running of PR Mumble - his avatar reflects Wall-E.

PRTA- Project Reality Official Tournament, also use a similar bot, based of Eve to auto populate various things within their site

UK_Force

Edited by Craig.Turner

Hello,

I have a question regarding servers PR:Arma 2.

-What are the procedures to install PR:ARMA2 on our server?

-Are you going to put up the same system as PR:BF2?

Thanks

Edited by Cirav

How soon until we might see that gameplay video UK? After the announcement of Arma III, I am pumped for some PvP and would love to get a taste of what we will see in 0.1.

Theorycraft time.

If porting mods from arma2 to arma3 isn't too difficult and a3 fixes the lackluster netcode and has some extra bonus goodies and PR decides

To port to A3 we may be looking at an incoming golden age.

to date have this mod for release in version v0.1? Will have output before the summer or after? someone can say something. :bounce3:

With PR having actual signed agreements with BIS to modify BAF content, BIS may of made PR aware that A3 was just around the corner, and given them some addtional details about engine.

This would create a wonderful relationship between BIS and PR, and they could release A3 and PR for it in the same week, bringing millions of users!

With PR having actual signed agreements with BIS to modify BAF content, BIS may of made PR aware that A3 was just around the corner, and given them some addtional details about engine.

This would create a wonderful relationship between BIS and PR, and they could release A3 and PR for it in the same week, bringing millions of users!

Or employ them to work for BIS and work on the MP side of Arma 3?