Sign in to follow this  
craig.turner

Project Reality - WIP Discussion

I really don't understand why a lot get their panties in a knot over it. It's not like it is forced upon them.

you ont understand it? that's a problem trust me.cuz is easy to understand.

what you think about the fact that they have their back completely covered and they can ensure their work with legal actions?

"omg this world sucks! the law is against the people! we live in a regime! w ar not even able to put our nubs hands on everything concerns bis product!1!1!

zooomg11!

seriusly guys deal with it.

who cares..

Hehe, thats funny, its because my name means dog, right?

Well, I guess thats the end of the thread, or nearly so. I hope to see a lot of you fellas in a game of PR once it gets released, rules or no rules. We are all still buddies, right?

I'm buddy with everyone except right wing nuts so I guess yes.

Is there something im missing here?

I have been waiting for PR a long time and am really looking forward to it.

I understand that you want only want quality missions as this does ruin MP alot in arma when objectives are broken and what not.

I agree with having official servers as this is a good thing but...

But are you saying if I open PR, save a mission with a PR vehicle or item - this is illegal?

Or if I open PR, create a mission and host it online - this is illegal?

What if i want to play PR in private with some friends to test it before we go online as a squad?

Or would the mod not allow this by changing the menus and/or not allowing me to join an 'illegal' server?

I've read through but its just a confusing mass of this and that and i dont understand, can some one please explain what it is

1. everyone is arguing over exactly

2. what i can and cant do specificly

cheers

also if someone brought in lawyers about playing a game wrong that is just pathetic because much worse is going on in the world and on the internet and no-one is losing any money.

Go ahead then. Unless you only use PR content and make it for PR only then your fine. If you choose to ignore the warning, be prepared for a law suit.

This is the single most adorable paragraph I have ever read on these forums.

So you are saying that instead of contributing content that is not on par with the quality BIS produces, one should not contribute at all?

no. you misundestood again. i start to lose faith on your judgement ability.

If that is the case, how about you stop contributing to these forums until your posts gain in substance and quality that lives up to at least the level of common sense. Hows that?

i dont think so. most of the times i post polls and suggestions with the hope to see this game more realistic. and sometime i spam. like many. if you dont like the kind of suggestions/poll/stataments doesnt mean they dont reach your personal(and bizarre) idea of common sense. word that you should be aware before using it.

And regarding this whole PR Yay/Ney debate. It will be released as free content. Argument settled and all other arguments rendered invalid.

nope. free means that you dont need to buy it.not that you are allowed to ruin with your hands as you like. "free" and "completely modifiable" are 2 separate words with different meanings. at least in my country.

so childish oh my god. this kid is defending the possibility to manipulate every fkin thing like a crusader defends his faith.

jesus christ plz...aren't them enough in this world....:pray: with fire plz :pray:

ye with fire champ :pray:

Edited by ***LeGeNDK1LLER***

I think it'd be best to close this thread and UK-Force sends PMs to moderators whenever he wants to update the people here.

And I'd also like to detailed explanation of the mission issue, like Grimfist said.

@galzohar:

Fair enough, but I don't think it's accurate or fair to say that there is no polished custom content made for ArmA. There are many mods and missions that have been playtested by many people and are in quite a nice state right now. Look at ACE for example, or Domination if you'd like a mission.

Well, they sure are polished in terms of features and bugs, way more than just about anything else made in this community, but in terms of gameplay? At least for ACE creating actual gameplay isn't even within their scope. For domination I'm sure most will agree that if you want a challenge you have to enforce additional rules upon how you play it since the mission allows the player quite a bit of freedom of the abusive type. Which is great for people who just want to run up and shoot up bots, but like I said I consider "polished" to also include proper balance/challenge, not just well-engineered features and being bug-free. I shouldn't have to force myself to play a certain mission in a certain way to get some challenge out of it - If I want to do that I can go make my own missions (which is what I often end up doing, but I really wished I didn't *have* to).

Whether PR can overcome that or not, we'll see when they release something. But I'm getting the impression that just their beta testing team already has more regular testers than most people will ever have play their missions from the moment of release until the moment they decide to no longer support it. Plus a whole fan community that (given their hardware can afford) would jump to buy Arma just to play PR. So I think expecting something better than most of what we've seen so far (at least in the PvP department) is not totally unreasonable. Of course the PR team will have to use their advantage correctly and not mess it up, so again we'll have to wait for release and see for ourselves.

In the end, though, if you want playable PvP you have to have a major tester/player base that provides feedback, finds exploits etc. Same if you want a balanced and challenging coop, but it seems like in case of coop the community had given up on balance and challenge in missions. How many communities don't release their missions simply because "they wouldn't work outside of the community"? Rarely would it be because the mission would be too hard outside the community. Mostly it would be because the mission wouldn't be played as intended because there's nothing in the mission requiring you to actually play as intended, and if you didn't have those community-specific rules it would be too easy. Of course there may be other reasons too but I wouldn't be surprised if that's the most common one.

OK, enough. If PR team wants to update this thread, they can contact a moderator and go from there.

Thread closed until further notice.

First post has been updated with an update from the PR Team.