Sign in to follow this  
craig.turner

Project Reality - WIP Discussion

I heard that the mod will remove the ability to play vanilla Arma or any other mods. Once you install it you'll never be able to play anything else.

My cousin's sister's friend snogged UK_Force last week and he let it slip. :eek:

It also installs a virus that prevents BFBC2, BF3, and all COD products from not being able to install/launch. I'm telling you PR is going to be great! :)

My cousin's sister's friend snogged UK_Force last week and he let it slip. :eek:

Have to say that is highly unlikely, as Mrs UK_Force would probably have found out, and I would not be typing this now :D

I herd u leik mudkipz?

Dude, 2003 called! They want their meme back!

UK_Force;2009884']Have to say that is highly unlikely' date=' as Mrs UK_Force would probably have found out, and I would not be typing this now :D

.[/quote']

I was slightly suspicious over the truth of it. She is damn cute! :D

Dude, 2003 called! They want their meme back!

They can't have it, it's mine! ALL MINE!

Rubbish!!

If your sister's friends cousin did in fact talk to UK_Force then he/she completely misunderstood.

'Tis a well known fact ArmA2:PR won't use other mods but PR is simply a mod ala ACE that adds new features/game play.

If you can play vanilla ArM2/OA with ACE installed , then you can play ArmA2/OA with PR installed.

SarcasmAlert.gif

:p

prarma2_update.png

As most of you are all already aware of, the upcoming release of the Project Reality: ARMA 2 modification is going to be BETA only. The primary goal of this first release is to incorporate the Project Reality style of gameplay into the ARMA 2 game. With that said, some assets have not been included in the v0.1 BETA build. However, we have included a few placeholders to cover what assets did not make it in. The aim of PR:ARMA2 remains to thoroughly test the PR gameplay and ensure we prove the concept before we continue adding other assets into the mod.

prarma2_001sig.gif

Project Reality: ARMA 2 Manual

The Project Reality Team is proud to announce the first official release of the Project Reality: ARMA 2 Manual. There are currently two different versions of the manual available for download: an interactive PDF that contains instructional videos embedded directly into the document and a standard, non-interactive PDF that contains links to the instructional videos. The non-interactive manual should be used if you wish to print the manual out.

The manual will be a constant work-in-progress and as the PR:ARMA2 mod is updated and changed we will be sure to keep the manual up to date. Current discussions may mean we move to a wiki for the more detailed information in the future, leaving this document for the "Basics".

Project Reality: ARMA 2 Instructional Videos

The Project Reality: ARMA 2 instructional videos are also available on the Project Reality YouTube Channel: Here is the first one

Qbn5haezkg0

The Project Reality Team have worked hard to produce these videos, as we believe it is the best way for people to understand and learn the important concepts we are using. This is the ideal way to get up to speed prior to the PR:ARMA2 v0.1 BETA release.

For all those hoping to play PR:ARMA2, we strongly suggest you watch all of these videos and read through the manual, as they are tied in with the basic understanding of ARMA2/OA and should put players in a good position to enjoy the Project Reality style of gameplay.

We hope you enjoy the videos, the manual and more importantly we hope that they will help assist players with the upcoming release. Please stay tuned to the Project Reality website for further updates over the next few days regarding the much anticipated release of Project Reality: ARMA 2 v0.1 BETA!

-The Project Reality Team

I really hope this mod brings light back to Arma2 PVP gameplay(would be even better if it acturally limit MP map choose so that people can only play A&D, A&S/C&H, Objective match type of all kind, and of cause, good old TDM:p)

Edited by 4 IN 1

Woohoo! Let the party begin!

Edited by Kremator

;2010177']Congrats on finally releasing ;)

PR Don't even need to release anything to have people celebrate it :rolleyes:

I'm interested in the use of a single interaction menu for all actions, will be curious to see how it plays out

PR Don't even need to release anything to have people celebrate it :rolleyes:

I prefer to see it and use it to celebrate something, rather then worship idle talk of releases :p

Oooh, sweet! Gonna check out the manual right now. :)

I want to get this clear, PR Arma 2 isn't compatible with Arma 2 or OA right? What I meant is I can't use those units If I want to use the editor to make missions and stuff right?

very cool and intuitive concept with the all-in-one team interaction key, wish BIS pick it up from you guys.

Looking good, everything looks promising just hope that without AI etc that te game doesn't rubberband too much. Shame we didn't get to see any shots fired, but soon enough we will all be hailing them Downrange.

Nice update thanks, Video tuts will be viewed.

What I meant is I can't use those units If I want to use the editor to make missions and stuff right?

Just wait and see.

But PR is NOT an addon pack..being offered to the community to be used as it desires. Its a gameplay mod, there is a massive difference.

There are 1000s of great addons for people to use as they wish, i suggest people use those rather than getting their panties in a twist about not being able to use PRs assets.

Edited by MadTommy
typo

I want to get this clear, PR Arma 2 isn't compatible with Arma 2 or OA right? What I meant is I can't use those units If I want to use the editor to make missions and stuff right?

There would be nothing technically stopping you from using anything with PR, unless they actively work to disable additional content (which again, could technically be stopped... :p).

There will be nothing "technically" stopping you do this no.

Of course you may do what you want in the editor, and in private for your own use as per the EULA....

However the EULA, and the Signed Legal Agreement with Bohemia - will mean you can not make these available to the public.

This is the same for the whole of the PR Team. ie even the Developers MUST sign this individual Legal agreement, before they work on PR: ARMA2.

This means providing non offical servers with "bits" of PR, Missions to the public with "bits" of PR etc etc will NOT legaly be allowed.

All of our Assets, as per the Legal Agreement have had to be watermarked, and covered under the legal agreement we have in place. Otherwise the spread of BAF assets would be ridiculous for Bohemia.

The only way to "release" missions for PR, is via speaking with our team.

The only way to "legally" run a server with ANY PR assets, is via signing for a server licence - where you will then agree to the terms and conditions to allow you to run a PURE PR Server.

Failure to do this will mean you are in violation of our EULA, and also will put you in a Legal problem with Bohemia.