Sign in to follow this  
craig.turner

Project Reality - WIP Discussion

Why are we discussing something that has no actual DEV quote and is probably made up bullshit?

Because Gossip works great. One person mentions something in which he knows will cause a flamewar, then it happens.

Because Gossip works great. One person mentions something in which he knows will cause a flamewar, then it happens.

nah i don't know it will cause a flamewar, but seriously, i've seen that somewhere in that forum but just like i said ( and maybe you guys doesn't have understand it like that ) i was not sure if it was certified so it's maybe a bullshit rumor

Ah yes, that great pool of intelligence and knowledge, aka the TS server of a random clan, the forum of a 13 year old "insider" etc. :D

I'm rather sure PR is not interested in seeing it's thread being used for gossip that has nothing to do with, and is not based on knowledge or plans of their actual mod. Cluttering a mod thread with gossip that is not based on even the slightest shred of information that PR has given to the public isn't the definition of "discussion". Nor is breaking the license agreement and/or Intellectual Property rights of a mod team, or threatening to do so if any restrictions are placed on something you do not own, and had no part in creating, a valid point of "discussion".

PR: ArmA2, have not removed the editor what so ever, where ever you heard that from is pure gossip.

We have not done any development or testing however within SP/CooP - and we will not support it at all either, as PR is a PvP MP Mod only.

And when we download that free mod, we are entitled to play it how we wish.

Now that's just acting like a baby. It's MY toy and you HAVE to play it a certain way! *pout* *pout* *pout*

Well see what happens when PR comes out, but it's on the ArmA engine, it's not too hard for us to fix things.

Well not quite actually ........ our EULA will cover people "fixing" things, along with the the Creative Commons license we have held for 3 years for all our assets.

88x31.png

Please see our Licensing page

Please note the PR: ArmA2 EULA is out of date on this page, as there has been a recent addition which involves the agreement with BI, and the lack of its use outside of PR.

BOHEMIA INTERACTIVE LEGAL AGREEMENT

7.0 Project Reality has written permission for access to certain source BAF Files in its SOFTWARE, these files have been electronically watermarked and physically marked by Project Reality. They are strictly not to be used outside of this SOFTWARE, LEGAL ACTION may be taken by Bohemia Interactive and Project Reality should they be used outside of the SOFTWARE.

Of course the whole Mod therefore will also be fully binarised.

It also restricts its use in any form of Military training, ie the VBS2 Platform (Which I work with daily at work anyway)

no_sim_label_thumb.jpg

USE OF THE SOFTWARE IN MILITARY TRAINING/SIMULATION

6.0 You may not use the SOFTWARE or its assets/add ons in any Government / Military establishment for any form of training or Mission Rehersal without the express permission in writing from a representative of the LICENSOR. Use of this SOFTWARE may not be used in the VBS/JCOVE simulator or any other simulator without written authorization from the LICENSOR. As a minimum the Electronic Messaging via the Project Reality Forums or Private Messaging System will constitute acceptable written form.

This was created by PR (after I found over 14gb worth of ArmA/ArmA2 community mods at a certain VBS2 Workplace last year), and has now been deemed the standard for the UK MOD, a DIN (Defence Instructional Notice) has been produced for all the MOD to read and adhere to in regards to the use of ArmA Community assets, and this graphic is shown clearly in that DIN, to ensure the MOD do not use anything without seeking permission.

Therefore for all other Mod Teams / addon makes - feel free to use this Graphic and Text if you do not want your work used in the Military Training area.

As for a release, we are still on track, but may not get the Jackal or Panther in for v0.1 BETA. (Jackal Placeholder will suffice until we BETA test the Gameplay).

Edited by Craig.Turner

Good to know....

UK_Force;1997788']

We have not done any development or testing however within SP/CooP - and we will not support it at all either' date=' as PR is a MP Mod only.

[/quote']

You realise Coop is a part of MP right? ;)

Its fair to say there will be coop in pvp unless its individuals against one another rather then teams...

Yep I am aware of what Coop is indeed, we implemented it eventually into PR: BF2, and I have played a few CooP games over the years ;)

PR will be Humans v Humans only, always has been that way since we announced PR: ArmA2.

Welcome to a discussion forum where stuff is discussed :)

lol...thanks for the clarification. Now, if you check back earlier (many, many, many pages ago) in the thread, you'll see that this has already been discussed, and the matter had been laid to rest by the developers (and once more in the last page), so anyone still doting over these issues is doing nothing more than whining.

Abs

Please see DMarkwick's quote above. ;)

Abs

I agree with you that it is their mod and they may do what they please with it, but if you pay attention to what your community wants (like bis) then your going to get a much more popular outcome. Also DMarkwick was right to post that, as long as this forum holds free speech, people can say whatever they like in it. ;)

I bet if this thread was combed of all the requests/debates etc it would only stand at 100+ posts :D

From my (meager) understanding most of arma 2's rubberbanding issues appear to arise from people very far away joining servers and also AI running all around the show.

The former can only be policed via moderators but the latter, with PR being people only, should minimize this, right?

How have the beta tests been going in regards to this. Has rubberbanding been as big of an issue as say a domination server with AI everywhere?

Even with things on track as you say for release this month, do you think we might still be able to get some new footage of PR in motion, specifically from an infantry standpoint?

Are mission makers allowed to make missions using your units, maps etc etc?

WHY THEY WOULDN'T BE?

Jesus people, it's ArmA!

I wonder why so much people ask about Coop (PvAI) from PR:A2 mod.

The features this mod offers is clearly PvP oriented.

Even this mod would offer PvAI capabilities,i m failing to see the point of this.

SO..

1)If you want PvP..Lets wait and see what those guys developing all this time

2)If you want PvAI..try ACE.There is no better alternative in features.

Simple as that..

I am really looking forward to this, I know it is PvP and I am sure I will have a great time playing it. I guess the question that a lot of people are asking is if some of the stuff in PR can be used elsewhere.

Say that PR has a really cool Island or a really cool tank - it would just be good if that Island or that tank could be used in other missions - the same as any other addon that is released in Armaverse. I'm not talking about cracking open the pbo of the island/tank and ripping the model out to be used elsewhere, just the ability to make use of some of the addons (as they are) in none-PR missions.

I do have a more general question about PR as well - I never played it on BF2, so I am not entirely sure how it works. Is PR pure PvP - i.e individuals against individuals or is there some Team Vs Team stuff as well? I have tried to figure this out by reading most of this thread and looking at the web site, but I can't seem to work it out!

I have dug out my old BF2 disks and will install it and then download PR, but this might take me some time (as no doubt I will need to update BF2 as well).

For us PR virgins it might be good to have a feature list of PR (or at least a planned feature list).

Anyway good luck with it and I will look forward to playing it!!

It's getting towards the end of august now any updates at all.

been pretty dead around here for awhile you guys having some major problems or something.

It's getting towards the end of august now any updates at all.

been pretty dead around here for awhile you guys having some major problems or something.

I saw a little bit of buzz on the PR forums about the release coming this week (since they recently put up a beta feedback forum), but no official word yet from the PR team, except for "be patient". :)

I got an email invite to a PR CON 2011 event dated for 17-18 Sept so I'd guess the release is imminent for < 1 month.

I heard that the mod will remove the ability to play vanilla Arma or any other mods. Once you install it you'll never be able to play anything else.

My cousin's sister's friend snogged UK_Force last week and he let it slip. :eek:

I heard that the mod will remove the ability to play vanilla Arma or any other mods. Once you install it you'll never be able to play anything else.

My cousin's sister's friend snogged UK_Force last week and he let it slip. :eek:

Rubbish!!

If your sister's friends cousin did in fact talk to UK_Force then he/she completely misunderstood.

'Tis a well known fact ArmA2:PR won't use other mods but PR is simply a mod ala ACE that adds new features/game play.

If you can play vanilla ArM2/OA with ACE installed , then you can play ArmA2/OA with PR installed.