Sign in to follow this  
craig.turner

Project Reality - WIP Discussion

Nice work :)! Do we get 3d interiours for the crewmen positions aswell? or just the annoying small slits from arma2?

Nice work :)! Do we get 3d interiours for the crewmen positions aswell? or just the annoying small slits from arma2?

They're probably still working on that bit. (Is that even possible in ArmA2 :s)

They're probably still working on that bit. (Is that even possible in ArmA2 :s)

RPbywV1bYqk

You can also see the strykers interior for a split second when you close the hatch before it changes to optics. Like other vehicles it is simply an extra O2 option.

(Is that even possible in ArmA2 :s)

Its been possible since operation flashpoint (and back then most vehicles were 3d Interior), it's just that since Arma 1 BIS have been skipping out on it to save production time and it's lowered the bar such that people don't consider it worthwhile

Its been possible since operation flashpoint (and back then most vehicles were 3d Interior), it's just that since Arma 1 BIS have been skipping out on it to save production time and it's lowered the bar such that people don't consider it worthwhile

I don't think that's why they're not shown.

It has something to do with the realism having to do with the interiors. Some of the vehicles (like the Stryker) apparently still have classified interiors (I forgot who told me that).

That was the reason that BIS made the Stryker Medevac useless in OA, but a mod fixes that luckily.

Personally I don't care if the interior isn't super realistic, I just prefer a fake 3d interior over a 2d bullshit one lol.

In one of the pamphlets about the development of VBS they said that they created the interiors of their vehicles with publicly available information as the USMC did not want to share classified info with them. They delivered their product with the ability for the Marines to modify it themselves afterward.

So with that in mind, I don't think it had to do with classified materials.

Abs

wow... seeing this thread bumped reminded me that i've been waiting for arma 2 PR for almost 2 years.. no offense but im starting to think this is vaporware :j:

wow... seeing this thread bumped reminded me that i've been waiting for arma 2 PR for almost 2 years.. no offense but im starting to think this is vaporware :j:

No offense, but that's two years that you could have learned a few things to help them out. :j:

Abs

Trust me it's not vaporware, I'm not going to shed any details but the developers are working to further the project but there is much to do, I'm sure they will update more when they are ready but remember this is a total conversion not addons.

I've played PR for BF2, i've been waiting for it ever since arma 2 came out and arma 2 PR rumours started, not since this thread was made :p

Trust me it's not vaporware, I'm not going to shed any details but the developers are working to further the project but there is much to do, I'm sure they will update more when they are ready but remember this is a total conversion not addons.

good to know =) i didnt mean to disrespect anyone, its just been a very very long wait :p

I've played PR for BF2, i've been waiting for it ever since arma 2 came out and arma 2 PR rumours started, not since this thread was made

The rumours started before the work if I remember correctly.

I've played PR for BF2, i've been waiting for it ever since arma 2 came out and arma 2 PR rumours started, not since this thread was made :p

I play, and still play PR:BF2 for the last 4 years. If you have been waiting on rumours then that's your own problem to be fair. Eitherway, its not vaporware

Edited by gazzthompson

Apologies if this is right under my nose. A question about the final outcome for server use, licenses etc anything solid documented anywhere ?

Apologies if this is right under my nose. A question about the final outcome for server use, licenses etc anything solid documented anywhere ?

eh ? what ?

We are still on track for a Mid July release.

Documentation will be "pre-released" prior to the main build.

UK force,

Are you able to confirm some details now, such as squad sizes, players per team?

thanks,

;1966910']August smells ripe for PR:ArmA II :D

TuT TuT ... Tosser! lol :D

@realitymod.com forums

So, we will have server licenses (as in currently BF2:PR).

pardon my asking a question that may be obviouse or already addressed, butwill the Project Reality be just or primarily British forces? And if so, will this require a player to have the BAF module to play or will the light version included in the simulation be enough?

No I did not go back and read the all 160 pages to see if this has been addressed already. For any curious.

The British are the first Blufor faction to be represented in 0.1, yes. It however does not require the DLC for the BAF.

pardon my asking a question that may be obviouse or already addressed, butwill the Project Reality be just or primarily British forces? And if so, will this require a player to have the BAF module to play or will the light version included in the simulation be enough?

No I did not go back and read the all 160 pages to see if this has been addressed already. For any curious.

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f380-project-reality-news/98008-update-pr-arma2-highlights-reel-5-a.html

Check the "British Army Soldier" section and "What does it mean to the Community?" Mainly point 1:

1. No change at all, PR: ArmA2 will be a free to download Modification, which will still NOT require BAF to run.