Sign in to follow this  
craig.turner

Project Reality - WIP Discussion

You're really going to be butthurt because the PR team was given the high quality models and textures to work from that was 'part' of a DLC pack that you had to pay, what... $6-$10 for?

The PR team models can only be used inside the Project Reality mod. You can't use them anywhere else. And PR has no need for the PMC models or textures.

Instead, you should be praising the fact that BIS is so supportive of it's massive modding community, and it's relationship with some of the larger modding studios.

This! ^^

Well done BIS and the PR guys! ;)

These models can only be played inside the PR mod. You cannot play BAF missions with them.

And as i have stated before. for SOME people, they only play arma 2 online so they do not care and wont MISS the BAF campaigns at all :)

And as i have stated before. for SOME people, they only play arma 2 online so they do not care and wont MISS the BAF campaigns at all :)

Lol, the three times I've tried the BAF campaign, it's ended in game stopping bugs anyways. So even if they 'do' play singleplayer, they won't miss it.

The problem with the logic behind being upset with some BAF content being given to the PR team is the fact that had BIS never worked with PR, there would still be high quality BAF models and textures. They don't compromise on quality AT ALL, and the only thing it's really changed is enabling them to release the mod sooner. And that's absolutely in everyone's best interest.

Please record the next PR test/session so people can enjoy some ingame footage too! :)

I worry that the netcode just isnt up for large games.

BF2 netcode seemed a lot more reliable and smooth, I just hope BI can pull something out the bag.

Lol, the three times I've tried the BAF campaign, it's ended in game stopping bugs anyways. So even if they 'do' play singleplayer, they won't miss it.

The problem with the logic behind being upset with some BAF content being given to the PR team is the fact that had BIS never worked with PR, there would still be high quality BAF models and textures. They don't compromise on quality AT ALL, and the only thing it's really changed is enabling them to release the mod sooner. And that's absolutely in everyone's best interest.

Well i also did point out single player campaigns made by BIS are buggy but no one listened. you can read the mini debate a few pages back :)

anyways in regards to netcode. whats wrong with it? its fine. no worse then bf2 netcode which was shocking at times.

Well, I'd imagine that you also cannot play any MP mission with BAF units. Only the PR pvp missions. I am not even sure, if PR restricts the mission editor and the MP experience in this regard (only PvP)

Well i also did point out single player campaigns made by BIS are buggy but no one listened. you can read the mini debate a few pages back :)

anyways in regards to netcode. whats wrong with it? its fine. no worse then bf2 netcode which was shocking at times.

and i assume You don't bothered to post these bug reports at ticket to CIT

(if so then don't be surprised that not reported issues aren't fixed)

i would really like to hear about any gamebreaking bugs on BAF campaign (considering i myself finished it with and w/o mods more than 5 times)

(except known issue with save which happens after death then trying revert but that is global issue for any campaign)

Please note that it has come to our attention that unauthorized materials from Project Reality: ARMA 2 have been leaked. Any and all links posted pertaining to this information on these forums will not be allowed unless otherwise stated, and the posters of such links risk punishment.

Fair dinkum mate! :)

EDIT: OT Really looking forward to checking out PR when it comes out. Hope this 'incident' hasn't dis-spirited the devs.

Please record the next PR test/session so people can enjoy some ingame footage too! :)

*cough*NDA*cough* ;)

----

And who's the asshole who leaked PR content? Bleh. I wish them a very merry global A2 ban.

whatswrong with leaking PR content? do you mean media related content like videos and pics or actual PR source files?

whatswrong with leaking PR content? do you mean media related content like videos and pics or actual PR source files?

The problem is perhaps PR didnt want their content leaked. Its their material. They can do with it as they please.

Content

con·tent 1 (kntnt)

n.

1. Something contained, as in a receptacle. Often used in the plural: the contents of my desk drawer; the contents of an aerosol can.

a. The individual items or topics that are dealt with in a publication or document. Often used in the plural: a table of contents.

b. The material, including text and images, that constitutes a publication or document.

a. The substantive or meaningful part: "The brain is hungry not for method but for content, especially content which contains generalizations that are powerful, precise, and explicit" (Frederick Turner).

b. The meaning or significance of a literary or artistic work.

4. The proportion of a specified substance: Eggs have a high protein content.

ONT.

Looking great with that last highlights reel. Cant wait to get my grubby little mitts on it!

and i assume You don't bothered to post these bug reports at ticket to CIT

(if so then don't be surprised that not reported issues aren't fixed)

Right... There are over 1000 opened issues on CIT. So I think, even if we would report more bugs on CIT the chance that they will be fixed is extremely low.

BTW I had no problems with the BAF campaign.

Right... There are over 1000 opened issues on CIT. So I think, even if we would report more bugs on CIT the chance that they will be fixed is extremely low.

BTW I had no problems with the BAF campaign.

Oh that's a very healthy way to think about it: hey lads, you already have a lot of work to do on your hands, i assume sticking on CIT another possible_game_breaking bug will just overload you...better not, coz i love you and all that jizz

There are no show stoppers within PR at the moment, a few first person video clips from testing was released - no big issue TBH, and not something I am going to lose sleep over at all.

We are currently looking into why and how this happened and hope to let the PR community know of our findings soon, however the guy concerned has since "moved on".

To that end we do intend to put out a short Mini Update in around 2 weeks time, which will include a video showing the current gameplay ..... as best we can in a video, along with some updates on Wardak and our new Woodland Map.

For those that where sharp enough to see the videos, you may have noticed a Squad HUD. Already the jungle drums are beating, asking if it is the STHUD - however I would like to make it clear it is not at all, it was made from scratch by PR - Specifically [R-DEV]Dr_Eyeball, and is part of the PR ICE package.

Edited by Craig.Turner

i wonder why you choose to call it the same though - ST HUD

Edited by PuFu

Oh that's a very healthy way to think about it: hey lads, you already have a lot of work to do on your hands, i assume sticking on CIT another possible_game_breaking bug will just overload you...better not, coz i love you and all that jizz

When Dwarden says that we shouldn't be surprised about unfixed and unreported bugs, this sounds like they fix every reported bug. But they don't. Walk it like you talk it... :D

i wonder why you choose to call it the same though

ShackTac - ST HUD (ShakTac HUD)

PR is simply - Squad Hud

Its a different name, and represents a HUD for your Squad, which is what it is in a nutshell ?

PR ST HUD uses a very unique (but undesirable) coding technique.

Ok, based on your logic, doesn't that means Project Reality ShakTac HUD

Ok, maybe that quoted post you used is weird phrased, but you got that going a lot (or my english is failing me more than i normaly expect)

I am nitpicking i guess, but i was just...speaking out load.

I'm guessing that was a simple typo. Nothing to get all worked up about. ;)

aha, yep got ya - the quote was direct from Dr_Eyeball on the matter, but yes I see the possible confusion now .... lol.

Its probably late in Auz for Eyeball right now, maybe thats why.

As later he does refer to it correctly as PR Squad HUD

Edited that first part now to make it clear.

Edited by Craig.Turner

I am a little disappointed with the selection of Units.

Why do not relaise Units which are not included in BAF ?

Why it must be nearly the same Vehicles ?

I hoped with "PR" the British armed Forces can finally be completed !!!

Regards

(ST6)Predator

Edited by (ST6)Predator