Sign in to follow this  
craig.turner

Project Reality - WIP Discussion

The thing is even with free units I often don't bother downloading. So pay for units? And as for SP missions, I never liked BIS's SP missions anyway, so why pay for a few more of those? It's not about the price, it's about getting basically nothing that I actually want for that price. By not buying I am saying "please make DLC that I will actually want to use, and I will happily buy it".

Now let's get back to talking about PR? :)

well said. that is what i mean.

for £8 the dlc brings me nothing for the money IMO.

why cant people grasp that concept? im not about to donate £8 to BIS. because thats what i will be doing if i buy the DLC.donating money for them

Sounds good!

I'm there to ask a few:

Is there actually a collection (list) of the Content contained in the Mod?

Which vehicles, which airplanes, which helicopter, which Tanks??

What awaits us? A Complete new Faction ? Or just a part of a Group as is the case with BAF?

If there is a new Faction. How is it called in the Editor ?

"Project Reality" ? No ! Plesae dont call it like this !

There are already BAF and UK Armed Forces.

What options are there for?

Regards

(ST6) Predator

Is there no One who will or can answer my Questions ?? :pray:

I'll give it a go for you, although I'm not related to the PR DEV team.

The new faction is going to be the British military, although how much will be in the first release remains to be seen. The vehicles currently in PR: BF2 are likely to give a hint as to what we'll get, plus those they've said are in development.

• Challenger 2
  • Warrior (upgraded)
  • Mastiff
  • Jackal MWMIK
  • WMIK Landrover
  • Stormer (AA)
  • Apache AH1
  • Lynx Mk7
  • Chinook HC2 (maybe HC4)
  • C-17 (slim chance)
  • Eurofighter Typhoon
  • Tornado GR4
  • Harrier
  • MAN utility truck

And why can't they call it Project Reality? It's their mod. As for the rest of your questions, read the thread.

I do have to ask some questions myself though:

1) If the Challenger 2 were to be put into PR: A2, would it be equipped with the Street Fighter II kit (RWS, IED Jammers, comms upgrades, various other items)?

2) Will the Chinook I've seen previewed be the HC2 variant or the HC4 variant? I realise the HC4 would add more for you to do :o

Edited by -Eddie-

Firstly, apologizes in advanced if I missed the answer to this question in the past 3 or 4 pages I only skim read them.

Is "NOT require BAF" meant in the same sense that you don't need BAF to play missions in vanilla ArmA2 with the BAF content but it will look bad or does it mean that the textures etc will look like those in the screenshot with and without the BAF DLC?

Edited by Jsmuk

Firstly, apologizes in advanced if I missed the answer to this question in the past 3 or 4 pages I only skim read them.

Is "NOT require BAF" meant in the same sense that you don't need BAF to play missions in vanilla ArmA2 with the BAF content but it will look bad or does it mean that the textures etc will look like those in the screenshot with and without the BAF DLC?

It means that to play PR:ArmA2 with the textures you see in the screenshot earlier in the thread you don't need to pay for anything. (besides OA and ArmA2 of course, but you probably already have those)

We should have a newspost out this week, which will cover all questions asked, including what will be released initially.

Large scale testing last night, with all the team, both BF2 and ArmA2 Devs, proved very successful indeed .... more to follow on that.

UK Force,

Have you seen their are mods that make the player movement much smoother, and not catching on doors walls etc.

Makes the PvP play a less frustrating experience, it would be great if you could include something like that.

Ahmed.

UK Force,

Have you seen their are mods that make the player movement much smoother, and not catching on doors walls etc.

Makes the PvP play a less frustrating experience, it would be great if you could include something like that.

Ahmed.

I hope this is one of the first things they changed, getting stuck in doorways or on small objects just ruins immersion and makes you feel like a puppeteer, not like you're actually there.

If you had spared the several seconds required to think about this sensibly, you might come up with a congruent answer yourself.

:drinking:

Also,

I wouldn't give a damn if PR had a battle raging on top of Uluru. Georgia can get over it ...and the mysterious lack of agreement by anyone else including our Georgian members seems to scream the question - who gives a flying funk?

Man, I am just pissed that they did not add Georgian units ..... ? Don't you get it !? :p

I hope this is one of the first things they changed, getting stuck in doorways or on small objects just ruins immersion and makes you feel like a puppeteer, not like you're actually there.

never had this problem in PvP, and if there is a problem this maybe down to the game engine not addons.

Newspost maybe delayed due to our Web Admin (To host and organise the media) being AFK at the moment, until the 13th ...... so it maybe a few days after that.

Apologies.

Ok, update is compiled and will be ready to go out Tuesday am ..... phew.

Tuesday? But, but, it's Sunday... :(

(Can't wait!)

UK_Force;1924852']Ok' date=' update is compiled and will be ready to go out Tuesday am ..... phew.

.[/quote']

Nice one mate, thanks for the effort.

i hope its news that you will release the game soon hehe

;)

You may just get that too

You don't joke about those things unless it's April fools so woohoo!!

For the PR game, are you writing the entire engine yourselves, or is it based on an existing engine like Unreal or Unity?

shaping up nicely :)

PR2 or PR:ArmA2 :p

Welcome to the fith edition of the PR: ArmA2 Highlights Reel!

pr_highlights_reel_header.jpg

Although this newsreel has been a while in coming, there has been a significant reason for this, the main one being there really was not too much to update on and also a large rethink of our priorities for v0.1. The team have continued however to work away in the background on a new Map, and as always constant improvments to the gameplay. Point to note, everything mentioned in this and any future Newsposts will now only relate to PR: ArmA2 v0.1 only.

- What Will be in the first release - v0.1

A lot of speculation has been thrown around recently as to what we will actually be releasing in our first version of PR: ArmA2. With a lot of updates over the last 12 months, talking about different concepts and models - like any new Mod, we have now prioritised what we will be releasing in v0.1. to that end the following will be released in PR: ArmA2 v0.1:

• Unique PR Models
  • PR Jackal
  • PR Panther
  • PR MAN Truck
  • PR Warrior
  • PR Static Objects - Various

• PR Terrain
  • PR Afghan Village

• PR textures (Placeholders)
  • PR British Soldiers
  • PR Merlin
  • PR Chinook
  • PR Apache

These will all be packaged together with over 20+ initial Missions all using the unique PR PvP Gameplay. We also wanted to take full advantage of the Arrowhead engine in this update and show you how Stunning PR: ArmA2 is currently looking in this engine

---------- Post added at 06:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 AM ----------

- PR Terrain

Project Reality currently have 4 Terrains in production, Wardak, Afghanistan, A woodland Map (yet to be named), and PR Afghan Village, a remake of an old Favourite. Wardak is still in production and will not make the first release. Afghanistan is a huge map, which is an ongoing project and at a lower priority therefore it is at least 6 months away. Our Woodland Map project has only just started and work will take some time on this. To that end we are releasing Afghan Village within v0.1, and so far testing has proved it is indeed a great terrain for some intense firefights ....... and it looks stunning too.

pr_afghan_village_rooftop_thumb.jpg pr_afghan_village_industry_thumb.jpg pr_afghan_village_overview_thumb.jpg