Sign in to follow this  
craig.turner

Project Reality - WIP Discussion

That's your opinion. Alot of us including myself play singleplayer mostly..

In that case, buy the DLC?

In that case, buy the DLC?

He probably has Jonney.

You should support BIS and buy it yourself.

Ontopic.

Great news about BIS allowing you to optimize their product to make the game better for us.

With you reworking and optimizing the models, Would they overwrite the BIS models if we were running the PR mod

Those models look great, can't wait to play with them!

Nice textures, I would hazard that the MTP is a little too lime green, but awesome nonetheless. :)

I wish BIS would send me their damn PSDs. >:|

Just to clear that up, BIS did not send there .PSD's to PR.

Looks like I ended up being the silly one here :D

Silly comments from me removed. Sorry!

He probably has Jonney.

You should support BIS and buy it yourself.

i personally cant see a reason to buy a dlc for that price for a reskin.

i am not interested in the campaigns so the only major benifit for me is high res models/skins and is that worth £8?

not imo.

i will wait till PR comes out. i would rather pay £8 or more to the PR guys then do a dlc. why? because PR offers much more thats appealing to me then high res skins/models

As I didn't particularly want this to become the 'point' of this post, consider the italics an 'aside'

etc.

The price of the DLC subsidizes the models and 'lite' units for people that didn't pay; the idea that it's "the price of a reskin" is like saying 'buying the game is just unlocking the bits you don't get in the demo, why would you waste all that?' Realistically it's also an investment in the longevity of the game and the development of its core concepts in to new territories. Testing the waters, if you will

It's interesting to see how BIS have developed as a company and relate with the community, while I would still admit I think the BAF weaponry assets aren't on the level of community efforts (your mileage may vary, I have a bias to PUKF's work) the textures on the infantry models were certainly their weakest link, this work has maximised their potential. Is there still plans to use the infantry assets that were originally shown, or were they not up to scratch compared to other elements?

On another vein, I don't personally agree with the blanket ban on modification (and possibly improvement), but you've got to give a little to get a lot when this sort of agreement is made. Hotly awaiting giving it a go!

Nice textures, I would hazard that the MTP is a little too lime green, but awesome nonetheless. :)

I wish BIS would send me their damn PSDs. >:|

Cool kids work in .bmp

Edited by DaveP

i am not interested in the campaigns so the only major benifit for me is high res models/skins and is that worth £8?

not imo.

i will wait till PR comes out. i would rather pay £8 or more to the PR guys then do a dlc. why? because PR offers much more thats appealing to me then high res skins/models

if you give £8 to the PR it's the same has if you give £8 to BIS, execpt BIS give you an extra campaign and the working voice with it ... that's a win-win right ?

My way of looking at this is quite simple.

BIS make ArmA. I love ArmA. Therefore I will happily buy the DLC. Now, I won't do this with EA, with Creative Assembly and many others. What's the difference? Well, BIS are a relatively small developer making something that is HUGE is scope, and I have loved them since the original OpFlashpoint. If BIS went under what would we have? COD? BF3 (Which will be great, but without mod tools I am very disappointed).

I am happy to pay a few quid for some decent models. If someone isn't that's fine, it's their money, but the key point is that we continue to get the choice.

Edited by Jeepo

Cool kids work in .bmp

.bmp is so '90's. :cool:

Then there's no point buying BAF, since PR is making better looking soldiers and equipment. Right?

Then there's no point buying BAF, since PR is making better looking soldiers and equipment. Right?

PR is not making anything in terms of soldiers and equipment, they are using BIS (i can easily say BEST work till now - BAF)

For those who don't wanna buy DLCs because 8 pounds, 10 euros seems expensive for you and support BIS further developments: i wouldn't be having any expectation, or desires if i were you...really...But whatever floats your cheap boat

The game is not news or a documentary.

If they can make it play as well as pf bf2, and I have as much fun, then I dont care what colours are on the pointless flags on the loading screens.

Absolutly agree man, as long as they do not add a cultural/historical important region of Georgia .as battleground for foreign forces... :thumbs-up:

Edited by CommanderYuri

If you had spared the several seconds required to think about this sensibly, you might come up with a congruent answer yourself.

Also, I doubt that PR will include the BAF campaign and single missions, and may well lack some of the BAF vehicles *cough* helicopters *cough*.

:drinking:

Also,

Absolutly agree man, as long as they do not add a cultural/historical important region of Georgia .as battleground for foreign forces...

I wouldn't give a damn if PR had a battle raging on top of Uluru. Georgia can get over it ...and the mysterious lack of agreement by anyone else including our Georgian members seems to scream the question - who gives a flying funk?

Edited by CameronMcDonald

if you give £8 to the PR it's the same has if you give £8 to BIS, execpt BIS give you an extra campaign and the working voice with it ... that's a win-win right ?

Like i said, i play this game for online, not offline single player so i am not interested in a single player campaign and voices so that DLC will ONLY benifit me for high res models and skins, thats it.

And that is my point lads. For ME, £8 for a reskin is overpriced. PR is offering a whole new game mode for online pvp play and also new units, maps, vehicles and weapons. PR are offering me more then what BIS is offering me for the BAF DLC.

if BAF came with a improved arma 2 engine? more online features and game modes, i would be happy to give them my money.

each to their own lads.

---------- Post added at 12:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 PM ----------

PR is not making anything in terms of soldiers and equipment, they are using BIS (i can easily say BEST work till now - BAF)

For those who don't wanna buy DLCs because 8 pounds, 10 euros seems expensive for you and support BIS further developments: i wouldn't be having any expectation, or desires if i were you...really...But whatever floats your cheap boat

£8 here, £8 their, it all adds up.

Plus reinformcenets is £25 in the shops! more expensive then OA and Arma 2 yet offers less features out of the box!

I dont mind buying DLC, but only if it is worth it.

What BIS SHOULD have done is not include no light version of BAF in arma 2 oa update.

Then £8 for NEW content is justified.

What BIS SHOULD have done is not include no light version of BAF in arma 2 oa update.

Would have really messed up compatibility if that happened...

£8 for a reskin is overpriced.

But it wasn't a reskin, you got whole new models and a campaign. The fact you get BAF lite for free so all you got was better textures for the money doesn't make sense. People aren't meant to use the BAF lite units. They are just there not not break compatibility.

I told you guys before, im not interested in the campaign mode. i only play arma 2 for online play.

Right, you need to be more specific then.

"For my own personal requirements, I cannot justify paying £8".

As opposed to

"£8 for a reskin is overpriced."

The fact that you personally won't make use of the whole £8 doesn't make it overpriced.

Right, you need to be more specific then.

"For my own personal requirements, I cannot justify paying £8".

As opposed to

"£8 for a reskin is overpriced."

The fact that you personally won't make use of the whole £8 doesn't make it overpriced.

Please read my past posts about this, i have stated time and time again that IMO i dont care about campaigns. i care about MP. please re read my posts again.

$8 for a reskin.

Well, taking SP out of the equation, that's still false. You're still stuck with ugly textures and terrible quality sounds. Unless you don't care about immersion either, you're not paying $8 for a reskin.

(And seriously, it's 8-freakin'-Dollars.)

Edited by Zipper5

$8 for a reskin.

Well, taking SP out of the equation, that's still false. You're sit there stuck with ugly textures and terrible quality sounds. Unless you don't care about immersion either, you're not paying $8 for a reskin.

(And seriously, it's 8-freakin'-Dollars.)

$5 :-P at todays rate, but i completely agree.

Theres no game dev like BIS who give constant support and updates and continue to improve a game.

Perhaps you'd be better suited to Fifa11 Jonney, That way you can pay £40 once a year for the same game with better textures

The thing is even with free units I often don't bother downloading. So pay for units? And as for SP missions, I never liked BIS's SP missions anyway, so why pay for a few more of those? It's not about the price, it's about getting basically nothing that I actually want for that price. By not buying I am saying "please make DLC that I will actually want to use, and I will happily buy it".

Now let's get back to talking about PR? :)