Sign in to follow this  
craig.turner

Project Reality - WIP Discussion

I seriously don't care too but to a degree. If Brits attack Chechen's its kind of weird.

Generally speaking i don't give a damn either. It's a game you can rewrite history.

Is there any chance of mentioning any training missions/scenarios in the next update? ;)

looking very good

hope more pics coming soon

Looking really good. Are those the BAF models or new stuff?

Looking great, all of those details!

Looking really good. Are those the BAF models or new stuff?

I'm wondering the same thing cause last I heard we weren't allowed to touch the BAF stuff or did I miss something when I wasn't looking? They look a LOT like the BAF units.

Post removed. Sorry!

Edited by galzohar

Well they are British soldiers, they *should* look *like* the BAF units. But you can clearly see they aren't any kind of a copy-paste thing, but an actual remake. And a pretty good looking one too.

I can't clearly see anything what gives them away as not being BAF models whats different?

If they are totally remade models, at the risk of sounding inflammatory I'd ask why make something so entirely similar when there's opportunity to branch out in other directions

look pretty regardless, good retextures if they are

Edited by DaveP

Post removed! Sorry.

Edited by galzohar

Just a little note, Aren't the frontline units issued LOWA Desert Elite/Meindl Desert fox boots now, rather than the older "Desert Boots"?

I could be way off, please correct me if I'm wrong. (likely)

EDIT:They do look like desert foxes, but the sole seems way too bright.

Someone should post a picture of the BIS BAF units for comparison, because these look insanely good already.

Just take a similar screenshot with the BIS BAF units and see for yourself. If you can't see those models don't share any identical parts then I don't know what to say. Besides, it would be impossible (or at last very difficult) for PR to take parts of the BIS BAF models because they don't have the files needed in order to do something like that.

Just to prove a point I did compare and the marksman and auto rifleman on the right matched BAF units to the point of the desert texture on the side of the auto riflemans vest seemed to match... Guy on far left of image compare him to the marksman with the LRR little pouches hanging on his belt are there the radio, mags, etc on his vest are exactly the same and the goggles... yup same. Guy next to him? BAF rifleman again the equipment matches. So no offense but you seem to be incapable of seeing the similarities not the other way round.

back on topic: the texture work is damned fine I can't wait to see how far the vehichles have come since I last saw them (I did some work with PR a while back)

Edited by Goos

This was due to be mentioned in our Latest Newspost next week however, I will clear this up now:

Official Statement

Project Reality over the last few months have been in discussions with BI, and a joint agreement has been made, that gives Project Reality Exclusive rights for the use of the Original BAF Files within its Modification. I have personally signed this agreement with Maruk, and ensured all my Developers who need access to these files have signed a Project Reality Agreement. Therefore we now have the original BAF Files, to allow us to rework the Models, updating as required, and adding further detail to what is already a great DLC.

Project Reality are very proud and greatful for the working relationship they have with BI, and hope that we can ensure to do the game justice in the MP environment in the near future.

This now allows the texture artists greater freedom, and professionalism to enhance the Models even further, and the whole team to concentrate on the gameplay further.

What does it mean to the Community?

1. No change at all, PR: ArmA2 will be a free to download Modification, which will still NOT require BAF to run.

2. The community get a highly detailed British Faction available to use, and will be our base standard for a whole PR British Faction, to include future UOR vehicles.

3. It allows optimised models for our MP - to ensure we keep poor server performance down to a minimum, and ensure smooth online play.

3. The PR Models however will NOT be available to rework in other Community add ons in any way at all, as they will be electronically watermarked (Traceable) and have hidden PR Layers - as per the agreement with BI. (PR EULA, will clearly state this).

As you can see, we are working hard to ensure we have a firm and detailed base for our first release, and by having this agreement in place it ensures we have the perfect start point, for the team and the whole of the MP Online players.

Still WIP, with a fair bit more to add:

th_mtppr4.jpgth_mtppr3.jpgth_mtppr2.jpg

BAF Available from Bohemia Interactive

The Project Reality Team

Edited by Craig.Turner

Good job securing this agreement - sounds like the most sensible way to move forward. :)

Still very much looking forward to this mod.

Looks great uk_force, really liking the textures. Will you be doing soldiers with the newer 'assault osprey' body armour? As that is becoming more common out in Afghanistan and the older mk2 osprey's are becoming less relevant.

Sounds good!

I'm there to ask a few:

Is there actually a collection (list) of the Content contained in the Mod?

Which vehicles, which airplanes, which helicopter, which Tanks??

What awaits us? A Complete new Faction ? Or just a part of a Group as is the case with BAF?

If there is a new Faction. How is it called in the Editor ?

"Project Reality" ? No ! Plesae dont call it like this !

There are already BAF and UK Armed Forces.

What options are there for?

Regards

(ST6) Predator

Edited by (ST6)Predator

Then wouldn't people just download PR and not buy BAF, since the reworked PR version is going to be more superior?

Then wouldn't people just download PR and not buy BAF, since the reworked PR version is going to be more superior?

So your saying this mod replaces all the BAF low res models/textures?

Also, I doubt that PR will include the BAF campaign and single missions, and may well lack some of the BAF vehicles *cough* helicopters *cough*.

That's your opinion. Alot of us including myself play singleplayer mostly..

If you can't see those models don't share any identical parts then I don't know what to say.

ROFL. Priceless. ;)

I'm amazed BIS let the BAF units be used but at the same time I aint complaining! lol Good job securing them mate I for one thought they were brilliantly done aside the MTP camo that was clearly off the mark but it's good to see it's being put right in PR and that fact alone has me psyched. I may have to go back to my MTP in my upcoming UK-SF addon so they are close in appearance (assuming you aint adding SF units) Although I can't help but feel the PR MTP looks bit light it should be at least of some use in the likes of chernaruse as well. (as much use as MTP is in a forest environment anyway hehe)