Sign in to follow this  
craig.turner

Project Reality - WIP Discussion

Shame. Yet another reason BIS is better than EA/DiCE.

I have used the C4 engine, and imho it is not yet at a stage where they can make a serious game with it. It is more of an indie dev type thing, which in that case I would have prefered something like Unity, or since it is an FPS, within the same price range is UDK. If they are still attempting to use the C4 engine, my suspicion is that you are very right, it will be a good 5 years before we see anything from PR2.

why not Blender Game engine then ? :)

or other, "free", more or less[Ogree ? rest SDL-based ?].

for example.

/curious -)

why not Blender Game engine then ? :)

or other, "free", more or less[Ogree ? rest SDL-based ?].

for example.

/curious -)

because most of free games 'engines' come with nothing like usable tools ...

MP framework ?

world builder?

level editor?

animations editor?

particles and shaders tools ?

physical engine ?

interface API/SDK?

etc?

for example UDK is packed with these and various middlewares by default and it's supporting at least 1 additional from each category even if not included in default package

today most of indie titles aim for UDK or Unity and then anything else Quake3/4 etc.

because most of free games 'engines' come with nothing like usable tools ...

MP framework ?

world builder?

level editor?

animations editor?

particles and shaders tools ?

physical engine ?

interface API/SDK?

etc?

for example UDK is packed with these and various middlewares by default and it's supporting at least 1 additional from each category even if not included in default package

today most of indie titles aim for UDK or Unity and then anything else Quake3/4 etc.

ironically majority of them re-wrote most things you tend to overvalue sooner or later.

but its help make 1st steps, sure -)

Yup no mods for BF3.

bf3 will be a console port and crap compared to BF2. watch and see.

glad PR is making a mod for arma 2

hmm.

I hope this is going to see the light of day ...

The light is at the end of the tunnel now, I evaluted that the "Gameplay" is now sitting at 98% complete, and balanced very nicely indeed.

So the "core" of the game - and the hard development process is just about done, we are just concentrating on replacing and finishing some of our current placeholders.

A consolidated update will follow once I have a few more things in place.

We are however on track to release June/July.

never ever seen a release date for mods for arma :D sounds good got 8 weeks of holiday than so 8 weeks of good gaming then thank you very much for the hard work etc :D looking forward to it

Well, seeing server running beta AAS PR Mod mission is sure a good sign :)

Let's hope your release goes fine, guys!

UK_Force;1898678']The light is at the end of the tunnel now' date=' I evaluted that the "Gameplay" is now sitting at 98% complete, and balanced very nicely indeed.

So the "core" of the game - and the hard development process is just about done, we are just concentrating on replacing and finishing some of our current placeholders.

.[/quote']

Excellent, good luck.

Yup no mods for BF3.

bf3 will be a console port and crap compared to BF2. watch and see.

glad PR is making a mod for arma 2

Not confirmed for no mod tools. Bf3 is made for Pc version and then ported and downgraded to consoles and yes it's good that Pr is coming to A2. So stop stating your opinion as a fact.

UK_Force;1898678']The light is at the end of the tunnel now' date=' I evaluted that the "Gameplay" is now sitting at 98% complete, and balanced very nicely indeed.

.[/quote']

OH YEAH :yay:

Can't wait to play it. NIce work

Congrats on the progress, Force. I hope everything goes according to plan on your end.

Can't wait . The Reality Studios are beginning on a new platform a new game and a new engine. The Studio that revolutionized the vanilla battlefield 2 game which was really bad to a realistic shooter that doesn't sacrifice gameplay for realism but keeps the great balance.

By bringing quality Models , Factions and Teamwork to the Armed Assault platform and introducing great PVP mods success is inevitable. It might be just straight admiration to the PR team thats speaking right now or just love.

I don't care which it is i know what i saw. I saw PR for 5 years and played it. Realistic and Fun to the very end. It was the game that woke me up and i owe the developers for creating such a great mod which quality just pours out of.

Good luck PR Team.

See you on the Battlefield soldiers...

Not confirmed for no mod tools. Bf3 is made for Pc version and then ported and downgraded to consoles and yes it's good that Pr is coming to A2. So stop stating your opinion as a fact.

They seem to think that modding is declining.

No mod tools at least at release has been confirmed, and it doubtful to see them at all. "No mod tools at release. Maybe none down the line either. Frosbite 2.0 is complex and mods tools would have to be dumbed down, so does Dice really want to put their time to that or would it be better spent elsewhere?"

Not to mention that Crytek stated Crysis 2 was being made for PC first, just like DICE, then ported down to consoles. We all know how well that worked out. (00:30 in)

Can't wait to see PR:ARMA2 being released on an engine where the devs actually recognize modders.

They seem to think that modding is declining.

No mod tools at least at release has been confirmed, and it doubtful to see them at all. "No mod tools at release. Maybe none down the line either. Frosbite 2.0 is complex and mods tools would have to be dumbed down, so does Dice really want to put their time to that or would it be better spent elsewhere?"

Not to mention that Crytek stated Crysis 2 was being made for PC first, just like DICE, then ported down to consoles. We all know how well that worked out. (00:30 in)

Can't wait to see PR:ARMA2 being released on an engine where the devs actually recognize modders.

You realise that all the footage that was shown was on Pc? And that we're getting 64p maps and full advantage of pc power? And that Consoles are only getting 24p maps and dumbed down graphic? No modding tools aren't set in stone and might end up like Bf2 was, which got released long after the game release.

On topic. Great news, can't wait for new updates and getting some great expierience from the mod.

Yes right now, Arma 2 is poor at PvP. great as a coop game but for PvP it is not good at all.

Far from it PvP has a vibrant community, i regularly play PvP with the FUSION squad. I find AI can boring, they can be repetitive, at least against a Human player they will do the unexpected.

@PR MOD looking forward to the release in June/July but take your time, make it right :)

Far from it PvP has a vibrant community, i regularly play PvP with the FUSION squad. I find AI can boring, they can be repetitive, at least against a Human player they will do the unexpected.

@PR MOD looking forward to the release in June/July but take your time, make it right :)

FUSION squad? got a link to clan/server and what mods they use? PM me if necesary but from my experience, PvP is rubbish without doing it with clan members

I know PR team are busy enough, however it would be so cool , if PR was situated in a "liveworld", eg some ai battles occuring and maybe a few random patrols etc.

Basically PR + MSO = end of my marriage / social life

mso here http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=114001

Arma II's horrid net code and server capabilities would prevent this from happening.

Yeah, the server's FPS would drop to 3 loooong before your marriage and social life die.

What are you talking about? There's civilian modules in the editor for this. What assumptions are you making that leads you to this conclusion? I can run warfare with my friends on my home computer using a client server, with civilians and all kinds of shit.

i saw yesterday a project reality beta server =) you where testing a mission

hope soon is release ^^