Sign in to follow this  
craig.turner

Project Reality - WIP Discussion

Well if he waited for tomorrow you wouldn't have bought it ;)

He's aussie, and the PR forums are like 6 hours out (for GMT). So it was already April 1st for him. ;)

That's very stupid APRIL FOOLS joke because it's still 31 March here in Europe! The news guy has EPIC FAILED.

Sorry but your understanding of timezones is the only 'epic fail' I see. :D

Sorry but your understanding of timezones is the only 'epic fail' I see. :D

No, his ignorance of timezones is the EPIC FAIL. Australia is not the whole world, buddy.

Ok my last post on this one.

You seem to have gotten a hold of the part that Australia is a different part of the world, well done, now if you think about that and add in the timezone bit, you might almost be there.

Unless of course your being somewhat of a hypocrite and expect him to wait just for your part of the world to get there before he posts it?

If you get the answer or must discuss it further, PM me instead of putting it in here.

Well, he needn't wait for my part of the world. He would post it evening in his timezone and it would fit for everyone. He failed but you strongly insist on defending his mistake. If he pretends to be the so called PR guy he should consider such simple things like time differences.

Allow me to express my disappointment that arguing over time zones is the best use you can find for this thread...

Edited by Deadfast

We would like to formally announce, that the reality studios acquisition notice is indeed False and was part of our traditional April Fools.

I would like to assure you that we have not stopped work on any of our Projects whatsoever, and we have NO ties to BF3 / EA or DICE in the slightest.

PR: BF2 continues in vain like all the rest of our work.

PR: ArmA2 has not been cancelled, if anything the work flow has recently increased with some new additions to the team, and an update to follow very soon.

ACE do not have any of our work, they have played along with this too - big Thank you goes out to sickboy from ACE ;-)

For the ArmA2 community, who may be new to this tradition I apologise that it leaked over here (I kind of knew it would though...lol).

It caused well over 200 posts within 24 Hours - so it had some effect.

I especially like the following quotes:

BIS Forums

(Captured prior to it being edited)

Well that was a kick in the teeth. At first I thought this was an early April fools. Well, its still the 31st here.

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f380-project-reality-news/96359-update-reality-studios-acquisition.html

Disgraceful. You hype all this up, get a team on board, then bail on the community. Pretty disgusting actually.

Now as best as I can say this, sod off. You've let many people down by doing this. The least you could do is to release what you have as open source, but I doubt you will.

There is also nothing offical from EA, who i guess dont have time for 'silly' april fools jokes.

I hope its a joke because it would be a massive loss to lose PR from Arma, although im sure some people might disagree with me.

PR Forums

Since the developers are confirming it's true so I guess we have to take their word for it....

Why would you post something like this on april 1st when it's not a joke? You have to have done that on purpose, why? You think the best way to finnish is to fuck with the whole communtiy? I hope that made you happy, because it sure had the opposite effect on the communtiy.

I sure hope you make quite an impact on BF3 so I've got something to look forward to.

I am officially disappointed that you won't even make a first release of PR:Arma 2

Not cool, won't be the same thing with ACE PVP. I know they're not going to properly use that material.:-|

Mabey thats a double joke and devs want us to think this is a joke when its not' date=' or mabey triple and they know, we know, they know it.[/quote']
If it's a joke I don't think it's funny. It's juvenile and even more so while we wait and see if it is a joke on the community. Making fake maps is funny, this isn't funny. Where are the mature adults at Reality Studios.
i dont think its funny to take advantage of your most dedicated community like this .... if this is in fact fake. im still in doubt cos last year it turned out it wasnt an april fools joke....

so did I or did I not buy combined ops for nothing ? .....

Great job with the acquisition, but were you not here for the community? Did you already forget how many people will looking forward to ArmA 2 PR and Vietnam?

I'm happy for you guys, but can't help but to be honestly extremely disappointed. I wish you luck on PR2 (whenever that may come out) and getting EA to bring mod tools to BF3.

"This is the End, my lonely friend, the end."

It looks like RealityMod.com will be going down soon guys. I just talked to [R-DEV] PRBot and he said he loves me and they are going to put him down.

What did PRBot do to deserve this!

I was also about to buy Arma 2. Was so looking forward to it. I just hope I can get it before 0.1 comes out.
Building up all this hype, talking about what they want to accomplish with the mod in the future, what goals they have, why even bother when you kinda knew this was going to happen. Podcast and all. Such a waste, such a letdown. I think it's too sudden, that's all. few weeks ago they had goals far ahead and posted that podcast and all, and then..... "screw this, we're not gonna do it". Way to go!

Finally please be assured our main priority is and always will be to our Fantastic Community, we would never Jump Ship on you, and you can quote me on that

@ The Devs .... back to work now, there is a lot to do :D

Thank you

- Project Reality Team

Edited by Craig.Turner

NP UK_Force, it was fun to chime in on it :D Seems to've made people doubt even more if it was an aprils fools :D

Suc6 i'd say :D

Edited by Sickboy

hah! getting ea to support a mod team or the modding community? yeah right! nice try

I do believe some people really should check the date before posting hehe :)

Edited by R0adki11

I do believe some people really should check the date before posting hehe
International projects/forums. It was 1st of april already in different parts of the world, besides, it made it even more convincing (or confusing) imo :P

Ah hellfire! I'd expect it from Jack but not you. Disappointed I am young padawan...

UK_Force;1888433']It was announced by AncientMan because of the very fact Sickboy mentions

And as for people claiming AncientMan knows nothing about time zones... Well' date=' let's just say he in fact knows them [i']pretty well[/i] ;)

Ah hellfire! I'd expect it from Jack but not you. Disappointed I am young padawan...

What are you trying to say?!?!?!?!

:torture:

Even if PR:A was cancelled, he's still right to comment with his own opinion and it may well of been justified.

Like hellfire, I also would of hated to lose PR from arma, its really going to revolutionise/change/revamp/asskick the game.

<cough> we want updates!

Obvious April fools' joke is obvious. Playing with the timeline was smart though, I was expecting something but this left me doubtful for about 30s... :p

It's always funny to see butthurt they've been fooled people, "silly" enough to get into arguments over simple jokes though.. :rolleyes:

Remember folks, when it's April 1st don't believe anything anyone tells you : D

All though this does bring up a awfully interesting question: any plans to port over to bf3... (thinks he should have posted/searched this in PR forums... :blush:)

BF3 is coming without Mod Tools. And they are making a stand-alone PR.

All though this does bring up a awfully interesting question: any plans to port over to bf3... (thinks he should have posted/searched this in PR forums... :blush:)

From what ive read over the last year about PR.

The reason PR came to arma is because they knew they wouldnt be able to use BF3 for the mod.

PR are also wanting to release their own game. But i imagine this is the 5 year plan rather than the 1-2 year plan.

in that 5 years before releasing their own game, They will have acumulated a massive amount of support, especially if they release for other games. and keep support BF and Arma versions. This means that more people would be happy with parting their cash.

BF3 is coming without Mod Tools. And they are making a stand-alone PR.

Shame. Yet another reason BIS is better than EA/DiCE.

From what ive read over the last year about PR.

The reason PR came to arma is because they knew they wouldnt be able to use BF3 for the mod.

PR are also wanting to release their own game. But i imagine this is the 5 year plan rather than the 1-2 year plan.

in that 5 years before releasing their own game, They will have acumulated a massive amount of support, especially if they release for other games. and keep support BF and Arma versions. This means that more people would be happy with parting their cash.

I have used the C4 engine, and imho it is not yet at a stage where they can make a serious game with it. It is more of an indie dev type thing, which in that case I would have prefered something like Unity, or since it is an FPS, within the same price range is UDK. If they are still attempting to use the C4 engine, my suspicion is that you are very right, it will be a good 5 years before we see anything from PR2.

1st Arma 2 OST released by R-DEV Alkali

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f389-pr-dev-blogs/96575-prarma-2-0-1-ost-teaser-r-dev-alkali.html

I am seriously looking forward to for the PR mod for Arrowhead. Its going to be solid its going to be good. My Concerns about Arma 2 are more about the default Animations. The people look real but whenever they move they really look like Bots.