Sign in to follow this  
craig.turner

Project Reality - WIP Discussion

Thank you for the update! I hope talented arma scripters will see your post and be willing to help you with this. Looking forward to PR for ArmA.

Thanks for the update, next 2 months sounds good :) BIS is also tweaking the animations for PVP, so it's all good news.

I heard from a source inside PR that you guys haven't really done any work on the mod for about 6 months. Is this accurate?

I heard from a source inside PR that you guys haven't really done any work on the mod for about 6 months. Is this accurate?

What do you expect/hope to achieve with a post like this?

I'm trying to figure out if said person is just trying to spread rumors & start crap or not.

I don't see a problem with them not having done much work, if that's the case, especially when you consider the post on the previous page. I know of several mods that have stalled for a year or even longer because they didn't have the manpower, or they couldn't find somebody to help with things like configs etc. etc. Considering PR is bringing over stuff they made for BF2, (right?) they are most likely having a tougher time than most mods, then you have to consider the terrain(s) they are creating. It's not hard to imagine a slow period lasting for 6 months, or even longer.

I'm trying to figure out if said person is just trying to spread rumors & start crap or not.

I don't see a problem with them not having done much work, if that's the case, especially when you consider the post on the previous page. I know of several mods that have stalled for a year or even longer because they didn't have the manpower, or they couldn't find somebody to help with things like configs etc. etc. Considering PR is bringing over stuff they made for BF2, (right?) they are most likely having a tougher time than most mods, then you have to consider the terrain(s) they are creating. It's not hard to imagine a slow period lasting for 6 months, or even longer.

man ur like a tabloid reporter.

Shoot, you figured out my 2nd job. I'm secretly a reporter for Bikileaks, and I'm trying to create a list of mods that haven't been slaving away to create new content, as the great addonmaker in the sky ordered them to. ;)

Ok, it may have been a bit too blunt, but I've had a really bad day, and while the way I put forward the question was tactless, the question still remains.

Edited by Darkhorse 1-6

Pretty sure the coders like Dr Eyeball and DeanosBeanos that have been slaving away for a long time and still are would take offense to the comment.

The main focus of the first release is after all mostly there stuff, the vehicles and all the pretty stuff people seem to only associate mods with comes second too that at the moment, but they are being worked on being imported and made aswell, just not at break neck speed.

Who ever told you we had stopped work for 6 months - has mis-informed you, there has been quite a bit done over the last 6 months.

However things have been slow I will be perfectly honest.

Due to that we held a meeting, which I posted about earlier.

Lots of Models are done or are 95% complete, and are sat waiting to be imported across.

As for the BF2 stuff, there is very very little of this stuff now moving across.

In the bigger picture - realitystudios as a whole now have a new working ethos for all models, which will allow cross platform working.

Our current weakness in PR: ArmA2 is the fact we only really have one importer/configger - and if he is away, or needs RL time, then we can not do anything.

We have plenty of other great Devs, but sadly not the important "behind the scenes" workers.

Releasing (bigger) projects isn't as easy as some make it seem.

Yet it's not weird users might get the wrong idea when there's a lot of talk for months (with a lot of PR, public relations), promises, but seemingly few result.

Wish you guys good luck, (good) help is often hard to find.

Having slow times in projects is fine, Good luck.

Well that was a kick in the teeth. At first I thought this was an early April fools. Well, its still the 31st here at any rate.

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f380-project-reality-news/96359-update-reality-studios-acquisition.html

Unfortunately, Project Reality: ARMA 2 is now cancelled.
Edited by Hellfire257

If you read carefully, post was written by AncientMan and he is Australian - and they already have April 1st. ;]

You noticed that the OP is based in Australia - where it's already April 1st?

Edited by jagheterjan
Max beat me to it

There is also nothing offical from EA, who i guess dont have time for 'silly' april fools jokes.

I hope its a joke because it would be a massive loss to lose PR from Arma, although im sure some people might disagree with me.

That's very stupid APRIL FOOLS joke because it's still 31 March here in Europe! The news guy has EPIC FAILED.

Edited by Rozzzek