Sign in to follow this  
craig.turner

Project Reality - WIP Discussion

Is the Mastiff really that fat in real life? Or is it the cage armour?

Is there any chance you would provide a basic version/an example of the Bridgelayer system to addonmakers? That particular tech has been a hurdle nobody has cleared for OFP/ArmA/ArmA 2

That's not true. There was a mod team who had made this system for OFP back in the day. Unfortunately, they never released it to my knowledge. It worked rather well too, and I remember being shocked when I saw it. Sadly, it's long gone. But yea, it's been done before.

Abs

Some of the best moments i have had in Arma , were during the map Insurgency by Pogoman.

If you can build on his excellent start, your well on your way to an excellent game.

Did you know that Pogoman originaly adapted Insurgency from the PR-BF2 Mod? I wouldnt worry too much about this :P

Is there any chance you would provide a basic version/an example of the Bridgelayer system to addonmakers? That particular tech has been a hurdle nobody has cleared for OFP/ArmA/ArmA 2

Honestly I don't see this as being particularly difficult

Animate the sections of the bridge folding out, hide em using hidden selection and spawn a completed bridge object

Major issue I can see is finding a river the right size to require it

Major issue I can see is finding a river the right size to require it

This is where our own Map will come into play, and with clever mission design, will start to ensure teamwork happens to be able to succeed in Missions, by creating an environment whereby teams simply have to work together, with assets, to ensure a team plan actually works.

Its all these small things / areas that combine together to naturally bring in PR Gameplay, and something that is very subtle.

on the AVLb subject, wouldnt the bridge be a vehicle? and vehicles driving on vehicles isnt exactly smooth :P or is it attachto commands between a vehicle and a structure?

Is the Mastiff really that fat in real life? Or is it the cage armour?

It' not fat... it's just big boned... or steel strutted or whatever :P

It' not fat... it's just big boned... or steel strutted or whatever :P

Lolz :D

on the AVLb subject, wouldnt the bridge be a vehicle? and vehicles driving on vehicles isnt exactly smooth :P or is it attachto commands between a vehicle and a structure?

I already see the skyrocketed tanks and flippin' ATVs :p:hehe:

I already see the skyrocketed tanks and flippin' ATVs :p:hehe:

So far its going ok however

th_2-1.pngth_3.pngth_4.png

Are there any solid plans for creating an opposing force to go up against these fine British vehicles? I'm really curious to at least read what ideas you are all considering.

WANT IT NOW ^^ sry

when will be first release maybe??

good stuff nice models

@UK Force:

Do you have a video of the tank crossing the bridge? In this day and age, screenshots provide little proof of a working concept.

What all are the factions involved in this??? I can see the British Army and Royal Navy maybe... and I still see the Takistan. Will it still include the US Army, Marines, and German forces? Perhaps Russians too?

@UK Force:

Do you have a video of the tank crossing the bridge? In this day and age, screenshots provide little proof of a working concept.

Don't take this the wrong way mate, but if it was an unproven mod team saying that they did something that was rarely seen before, I'd want proof. I haven't played PR for BF2, but the very fact that they have released a working all-out mod for another game tells me that these guys don't just bluff. ;)

Abs

Its ok, we have no need to prove ourselves, we know our skill level, what we are working on and what needs to be done etc.

We don't have a video on this unfortunatley, as you can see its still being worked on, more scripting to do etc ... so I won't be rushing to get a video at the moment either, its too early.

Its more important to let it be worked on for the moment, rather than feeling a need to prove ourselves and our work, and hence it initially was just a few lines in the newspost.

In time of course, like everything we will have more media on this, however right now I need the Developers concentrating on the workload they have to achieve what is required.

What all are the factions involved in this??? I can see the British Army and Royal Navy maybe... and I still see the Takistan. Will it still include the US Army, Marines, and German forces? Perhaps Russians too?

If you read post 1 it will tell you the answer pal, but for the initial release it will be a Minimal British Faction v Taliban.

Edited by Craig.Turner

Don't take this the wrong way mate, but if it was an unproven mod team saying that they did something that was rarely seen before, I'd want proof. I haven't played PR for BF2, but the very fact that they have released a working all-out mod for another game tells me that these guys don't just bluff. ;)

Abs

Futhermore to this point, why does anyone need any proof of anything in the modding world? More than 99% of the people involved in these projects do so of their own pleasure and time, and owe nothing to the people that enjoy it. What do they have to gain or lose in these sorts of statements, for both sides?

Where and why do you hide the ingame footage? Something that must be officially "leaked"!! Want to see all PR devs in CO combat - no choreography, no trained stunts. :D

Perhaps its not at the standard they'd like to show yet? I'm sure those standards are quite high, and may do more damage than good, IE 'it doesn't even look like they've done anything? this mod sux!' without people getting a proper feel for it.

None the less, I'd still love to see, i remember seeing their tunnel leak on youtube and i was super impressed.

Well, in case you guys have not picked up on it yet, the PR mod team has its own way of doing things, and its own way of showing them to the world. Wait out, its worth it. As for the proof, they have an entire mod out already and the things they have done to the BF2 engine, and what they have planned for the near future are truly sensational. Surely that is proof enough to show you these guys mean business.

Plus I am a PR: ArmA tester, so yeah, it all works........;)

Plus I am a PR: ArmA tester, so yeah, it all works........;)

lol, I'll hold you to that when I check the Mantis Bug Tracker in a few days Jeepo :)

UK_Force;1833436']...for the initial release it will be a Minimal British Faction v Taliban.

Will you guys be creating new Taliban units and vehicles too? Or relying on the BIS "Takistan Insurgents/Locals"?

Just so it's clear I won't demand any in-game video footage as "proof", lol

Abs

They are unproven in ArmA 2, as the mod hasn't been released. I have played PR for BF2 and I can say that it is solid work, but that doesn't mean they a "proven" in this engine and this game.

That's like saying BIS made a good military simulator, so if they made an action-arcade shooter, say similar to COD, that it would be GODLIKE and flawless.

Will you guys be creating new Taliban units and vehicles too? Or relying on the BIS "Takistan Insurgents/Locals"?

I'd like to know this too as if there's one beefed up faction versus a PoS faction, then nobody will want to PvP, which is the focus of PR IIRC.