Sign in to follow this  
craig.turner

Project Reality - WIP Discussion

I did check the first post...And it seems there are hardly any new vehicles in it. All just variants and reskins of existing stuff.

Dont know what all the Fuzz is about this mod (Vote for upcoming mod of the year etc.) when there isnt any really new content.

Sir, you just dont look deep enough. Does that sound creepy? I sure hope so.

No new vehicles? This adds the british units and weapons for those who did NOT buy BAF DLC, also these units are more realistic than BIS ones. PR mod will set new standard to multiplayer games. Meanining when I see a server with PR mod, I know it has only PR mod, no other shit I don't have.

Basically, my hope is that the multiplayer would finally be "plug'n'play'n'fun" :D

It adds a nice, well polished, pvp gameplay, and many more features.

Will we stop with the 'mod of the year' stupid polemic now? Let the good people work.

I did check the first post...And it seems there are hardly any new vehicles in it. All just variants and reskins of existing stuff.

Dont know what all the Fuzz is about this mod (Vote for upcoming mod of the year etc.) when there isnt any really new content.

PR assets, not "reskins" as you kindly put it.

CR2

Scimitar

Warrior

MAN Truck

Merlin

Landrover WMIK

Jackal

Mastiff

Apache

Harrier - TBC

Panther

Other PR assets

British Soldier Model with Variants

Weapons - British Army

Environment Objects - Destructable

New Maps / Islands

Lots of other small models, like shovels, Portacabins etc, etc

Other stuff that is still in the early stages.

Further to the quote, our Mod is not aimed 100% around new goodies, its aimed at the style of Gameplay on the ArmA2 Platform, all the above is an added bonus to bring in the British Army as a faction, which is clearly stated in our initial post on these forums.

From Post 1 that I made:

As we initially mentioned, our main focus is on gameplay with a minimal British Faction

Update is delayed due to internal reasons, my apologies - I am working on this

Edited by Craig.Turner

What's not clear is whether or not PR missions will be designed to also work with existing factions, or whether the new soldiers and assets have some new game-critical features that the existing ones don't have?

After all you (or someone else from the team, can't remember) said PR will only feature the british initially, and didn't mention whether the official mission pack will also include missions for the existing factions, as one would otherwise expect.

What's not clear is whether or not PR missions will be designed to also work with existing factions, or whether the new soldiers and assets have some new game-critical features that the existing ones don't have?

After all you (or someone else from the team, can't remember) said PR will only feature the british initially, and didn't mention whether the official mission pack will also include missions for the existing factions, as one would otherwise expect.

UK_Force;1827434']

As we initially mentioned' date=' our main focus is on gameplay with a minimal British Faction[/b']

I think he already answerd your question.. this is not possible to play the "mission" with different factions at the alpha release. And I'm not sure if you can talk about missions if you look at Project reality. It's more of a gametype instead of a single mission.

For example If you looked at their teaser you saw working ramps for the merlin helicopter to load ammo etc I'm sure that the default arma2 models don't have working ramps.

They will probably add more factions in later time.. at least lets hope for that :rolleyes:

The Arma helicopters might not have them, but it doesn't mean you can't load stuff into them. It's all not-too-complicated scripting after all.

As for "gametype", a mission is basically an implementation of a gametype. A gametype by itself is just text on a webpage. You need to implement it in a mission to make it work, and with most gametypes in Arma 2, the implementation (positions of stuff etc) is often more important than the gametype itself to determine whether it succeeds or fails to provide good gameplay.

If there are significant features (beyond just "working chopper ramp") that the PR assets have and the Arma 2 assets don't, to the point where Arma 2 assets are useless in PR missions, it would be nice to see some of those features ;)

The fuzz is about the PR gamemode/gameplay, not the content.

If you think the content only is defining the mod, you didn't read/understood the purpose of the mod correctly

UK Force,

Would you say your trying in this first instance to make Arma PR like bf PR is now? or is Arma PR going to look and play differently from the start?

Are you planning to limit the servers to application only?

thanks, and good luck.

UK Force,

Would you say your trying in this first instance to make Arma PR like bf PR is now? or is Arma PR going to look and play differently from the start?

thanks, and good luck.

Ive never played BF:PR but from what ive read over the months, They plan to change alot of the way Arma is, From regular movement to running around etc etc.

Its going to change the game completely... I think

UK Force,

thanks, and good luck.

We are looking to bring a PR "Style" of gameplay, its hard to define if its BF2 or ArmA2, as actually its none .... or a blend of both, too hard to say really, its not that black & white.

Servers will have something in place yes, and this is being developed, and has been looked at by the BI Staff, something we both seem happy with, and to ensure they understand our reasons and hopefully to further develop ArmA2 PvP Play.

Edited by Craig.Turner

UK_Force;1828977']We are looking to bring a PR "Style" of gameplay' date=' its hard to define if its BF2 or ArmA2, as actually its none .... or a blend of both, too hard to say really, its not that black & white.

Servers will have something in place yes, and this is being developed, and has been ran by the BI Staff, something we both seem happy with, and to ensure they understand our reasons and hopefully to further develop ArmA2 PvP Play.

.[/quote']

You have servers that are ran by the BI staff? as in Bohemia Interactive staff?

If thats the case then its nice that BI recognise what PR could do for arma, Especially with the amount of new players it could bring to the game.

No i think he means they have consulted BIS about application only servers

I understand now after re-reading, Damn the english language and its many meanings!

No i think he means they have consulted BIS about application only servers

Indeed, and I have edited my post to reflect it, as its quite easy to read it how you did ....lol

It will not just be application only servers, we are looking at various electronic checks to "handshake" with players etc, etc.

Will there be any German Servers where I can talk in my mother language?

There actually are German servers in the PR mod for BF2 so if the player base is large enough for this mod it sure will have German server, but not all the people in there speak German, not at all. I think your best bet would be to find a german community playing PR:Arma2 and join their squad when they play.

I don't think there will be german-only server, but there sure will be german-only squads ;)

The Arma helicopters might not have them, but it doesn't mean you can't load stuff into them. It's all not-too-complicated scripting after all.

As for "gametype", a mission is basically an implementation of a gametype. A gametype by itself is just text on a webpage. You need to implement it in a mission to make it work, and with most gametypes in Arma 2, the implementation (positions of stuff etc) is often more important than the gametype itself to determine whether it succeeds or fails to provide good gameplay.

If there are significant features (beyond just "working chopper ramp") that the PR assets have and the Arma 2 assets don't, to the point where Arma 2 assets are useless in PR missions, it would be nice to see some of those features ;)

Im not saying they aren't able to get it work with regular arma2 vehicles. I know its all just scripting to make a basic load system. But that's not how things work if you look at PR on bf2. No work a rounds as you would see on other mods. If it doesn't work a 100% it's not going to be in a public release of their mod(I think :rolleyes:). And I hope they continue on that path in arma2. It's about realism.. and if you wont to load a ammobox thats fine but drag it to your chopper and use the cargo ramp.

Why do we need to read it again?

Well, the "newspost" part was accidentally left out in the original tweet (so instead of new information it promised the finished mod). I take it Schancky thought some of you might have read it before it was corrected.

Well, the "newspost" part was accidentally left out in the original tweet (so instead of new information it promised the finished mod). I take it Schancky thought some of you might have read it before it was corrected.

Ok, But Silly_Savage who posted the link says "the latest newspost for PR:ArmA2 will be released tomorrow" so he must have posted that after you edited the tweet. :)