Sign in to follow this  
craig.turner

Project Reality - WIP Discussion

The only reason that an ArmA2 mod made it into the top 100 is because Project Reality previously made a name for itself in the much larger BF community. I very much doubt that the ArmA2 community alone is enough to get a mod into the top 100 unless every single person were to vote for the same mod. So the nomination is based more on the existing BF modification than the new ArmA2 one (and not all of the mods in that category have the advantage of a firmly established dedicated fanbase to vote for them). "The award-winning Project Reality Studios" as the first line in the first official post PR made in this community read (said rather pompously imo, this community has never really cared for awards or honorary titles).

That's the reason I didn't vote.

Wasn't arma2 rated pegi 16+?:j:

I voted anyhow. I looked through moddb and there's nothing else I'm following so why not. Besides if they were to win, it means more resources for them which in turn means more goodies for us.

On one hand were about community and then on the other we are cut throat.

I understand there's a bit of history with PR and the arma community but it would be the best if they were welcomed like the others.

I'm going to agree with the comments on how much negativity is floating around, It's not very nice.

PR could have easily just kept the news updates/discussions to their own forums, so as far as gestures go, I rekon PR team are being polite.

On a personal note,

Having been a long time player of PR:BF2 (0.3-0.95), I have seen it flourish, push and expand the limits of the BF engine to the point its not even BF2 anymore. They Support the fanbase with a healthy update schedule, produce quality material (limited by the BF engine) and most importantly deliver PvP in an almost single click solution, from download, install to getting in the game.

Now to me personally that's very important to maintain fanbase for game modifications.

Less fidgeting and more empty magazimes!

I could be wrong, but I think the amout of regular players online speaks rightously.

Tonight (weeknight) the top 20 servers were at 35to64/64 players PvP (the top 9 were maxxed out), Not bad at all.

If the PR team deliver PR:ArmA in the same fashion as PR:BF2 (which I'm sure they will) Were gonna see some busy ArmA 2 PvP servers...for quite some time!

And for that reason PR Team, You got my vote, best of luck.

Roll on mass PvP :yay:

Post #958

1/ squads...

2/ platoons...

3/ medevac...

1/ With regard to squad sizes, I clarified some of that info here recently, so check that out.

2/ Platoons probably won't make it into the initial release but are planned for the following one. We just don't have the manpower. Fireteams might help you create a very similar type of strucuture with similar functionality for the time being. (See link in (1) above.)

3/ I like the idea but it's a little incomplete so far, plus I'm not sure what you would do for the Insurgents side. I don't see why it wouldn't make it into one of the early successive releases once the full details are worked out. It may not be suitable for every mission, so it may be mission specific.

There are some great upcoming features which I've been wanting for years, which unfortunately won't make it into the first release, but should easily make one of the early successive releases. The first release is obviously not the full concept, but will contain the bulk of the basic functionality. The rest of it will occur in stages over the following months, which will be worth the wait and bring it ever closer to the original goal.

Thanks for the reply Dr_Eyeball. That is very encouraging news about the fireteams, squads and platoons. Im looking forward to these releases but i understand it wont be in the initial release.

One final question related to this topic, would there be the ability for a squad leader to also be a fireteam leader as per the British, Australian, Canadian etc. section (squad) battle structure? In it the Section Commander commands all 8 members of the section while also leading charlie fireteam during fire and maneuver etc. situations while the sections second-in-command leads the other fireteam, delta.

Due to a few things which are out of our control, the Planned Update will not be published until on or around the 28th December.

My Apologies, however it can not be changed.

The heads up is appreciated! Heres to getting the issues resolved in a timely manner!

UK, I have a quick question for you.

It seems that (PR has even stated) the project release date has defiantly been pushed back, either due to more content or issues. The projected release date before was some time around October of this year. While I know you guys are doing your absolute best to get it out soon, how soon are we talking?

I'm not asking for an exact date, but more or less a "general" time. Something like, Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 of 2011?

If it gets pushed back, oh well. Though we will be slightly upset, we all understand. I'd rather you push it back then for it to be a POS game. Anywho, I just think the community needs a little info on when we "might" be seeing this. If you can't give us any sort of info on when it "might" be released, I will understand. Just will have to go back to being a patient bear.

Why do you need to know when its going to be released?

Cant you just wait, and one day its there.

We are hoping Q1 2011.

If we run into Q2, it means we have had even more issues, however I do not see that happening.

I am hoping come the end of Jan / begining of Feb we can start the final testing on a stable v0.1 build.

Have you managed to add better voip services, bf pr was really good in that sense.

Not many games where so many people on mic, but in bf pr, voice communication was widely used, and it made the game so much better.

Hmhm as a longtime PR player with BF2 im really interested in this...I mean ArmA II is in itself somewhat a "project reality" O_o

I just hope it doesn't become anything like Black Mesa Source. I'm sure you guys will keep your words unlike them!

I played you MOD's in the past with BF2. These guys are top shelf! All of you should get their MOD ASAP.

Man can't wait for this mod...IF it came at the end of January/beginning of February that'll be a perfect way to get into 20111!!!

Old heads looking forward to new incarnation.

Good luck!

Ah yes, I remember you from back in the days! :D

I would just like to thank all the ArmA2 Community that took an interest and voted for us, also to the ArmA2 team, the PR Community and to the core PR Devs, and together as one team we have managed to pull of another great moment in PR's History.

PR:ArmA2 is now the most anticipated Mod, and is the

2010 Players Choice, Winner for the Upcoming Mod Section.

I am very, very happy with this result, as to me it shows the PR & ArmA community can work/play together.

Its more than just a "win", it means we have a strong backing, and belief, which is what modding is all about.

Phase two ended a few hours ago, since then we have had time to collect our thoughts and get our video presentation ready to roll out. Before I announce the ideal timeline for the awards lets go over a few stats that you guys created over Phase one and two of this years voting.

In Phase one we had a total of 114,104 votes with the MOTY's getting 83,277 and the other 30,877 was the IOTY votes. Phase two had 103,834 votes with split being 69,474 and 34,361 for the MOTY and IOTY. Which means in total we had... 217,989 votes, with 9,988,054 unique visitors over the entire event!

http://www.moddb.com/events/2010-mod-of-the-year-awards/winners

Capture-4.jpg

Capture2.jpg

Merry Xmas Guys, Update to follow soon

[R-DEV]UK_Force

Edited by Craig.Turner

Thanks everyone for the support, this truly is a great Christmas gift :xmas_o:.

congrats

this is for first time our engine mods gained such attention on ModDB ...

thanks and hopefully next year we see even more mod teams joining the released mods challenge