Sign in to follow this  
craig.turner

Project Reality - WIP Discussion

The M240 handling remark is a good idea.I love PR but hate how they make the mouse unsensitive for machine guns.I hope they keep the mouse light like rest and give alot more endurance penalty and as suggested an inability to walk around with it shouldered.

Could we be in for the October highlights reel tomorrow R-DEV's ?

No it will be a while yet, due to our BF2 Release, which is a pretty major one, that has taken priority this month.

There will be a November one though ;)

The M240 handling remark is a good idea.I love PR but hate how they make the mouse unsensitive for machine guns.I hope they keep the mouse light like rest and give alot more endurance penalty and as suggested an inability to walk around with it shouldered.

Yeah. PR1 has to deal with an "arcade" engine, there are things we'd love to change, but can't because of it. PR for ArmA however should come a lot closer :).

The MG (or any heavy weapon) handling is poor even in Arma. That is, handling is too easy - Feels like holding a paintball gun or at most not any heavier than an M16. Any plans on how to deal with it in PR:Arma?

I can't speak for the vanilla weapons, but the dexterity= entry in the config allows you to simulate how awkward the weapon is to wield and aim (read - speed at which it moves through the deadzone).

I play with maximum deadzone, so I dunno if this actually makes a difference for those who play without it... now, where's that picture I had handy...

UK_Force;1773294']A small update just to show something that the Devs work on during breaks from the PR Core Dev work.

Here is an example of a small cell terrain (small cell = takistan 10 meter detail between cells Example shown = 1 meter) ' date=' we have trialed a 1m cell size terrain and Beta testers are currently doing some small trials, we are trying to ascertain whether or not it is feasible for the average machine to run a highly detailed terrain with smooth fps in MP, this allows for us to better simulate natural cover between objectives rather than relying on manually placed objects.

This is likely to be investigated further post V.01 and if found to be acceptable we hope to implenet some good unit based missions.

[YOUTUBE']1BHpSDtM_Hc[/YOUTUB]

The sound @ the end of that video there was brillaint.... are you sure thats just not edited over? :)

That looks like murder for pvp , very cool .

* edit - I just had a look on the PR forum and Deano's answered my question about getting through the gap in the wall

Edited by orson

damn thats cool! and man that map is so alsome..it looked so realistic! i cant wait to go out on patrols on that map!

damn thats cool! and man that map is so alsome..it looked so realistic! i cant wait to go out on patrols on that map!

The catch is that you won't be patrolling a very big area. :)

I can't speak for the vanilla weapons, but the dexterity= entry in the config allows you to simulate how awkward the weapon is to wield and aim (read - speed at which it moves through the deadzone).

I play with maximum deadzone, so I dunno if this actually makes a difference for those who play without it... now, where's that picture I had handy...

Without deadzone you'll have about the same "sluggish" feeling, but only in the y-axis, x-axis is instant. You also get this on both axis while alt-aiming while in sight.

I want the same feeling, or handling, as I get with full deadzone. But I can't stand the off center aim. 5% is perfect for me, and it doesn't allow be to cheat by "center shooting" unless I have a close enemy (crosshairs off).

The catch is that you won't be patrolling a very big area. :)

yeah i know..that sucks because then you get to know the entire area very quickly, making it no fun after awhile!

The "dexterity" attribute of weapons doesn't seem to get the job done. At least not to the degree that is needed to make the weapons feel like they should.

Just a quick question to some of the beta testers or anyone that is apart of the PR staff.

Do you guys have that warping that is in vanilla Arma? I know most people said it was because of the AI but I am kinda doubtful of that.

Also, does the game have more of a first person shooter feel to it? As I know vanilla Arma is very rough around the edges in the infantry department.

AI warps when far away. I think it's a part of the (not-so-great?) game's way to not crash the server's connection when there are a lot of AI. Whatever does this for AI does not seem to apply to players. If players are warping then it's simply because of bad connections.

I know its been a while since out last official update, but we are working on one as we speak, so we should have something out for you to see in a week or 2.

What I can say is that things are really coming together now.

UK_Force;1784159']I know its been a while since out last official update' date=' but we are working on one as we speak, so we should have something out for you to see in a week or 2.

What I can say is that things are really coming together now.[/quote']

Nice to hear :woot: , Hopefully wont be too long before we get to play it :)

UK_Force;1784159']What I can say is that things are really coming together now.

*Tries to imagine how was it before, exactly*

:j::icon_wink::436::scratchchin::h:

*Fails to do so.*

*Arrives to conclusion:

-Read weird DEV statement

-Think

-Fail to understand

-Trust the DEVs blindly

-???????????

-PROFIT!*

Will this have the system where you have to keep your gun still for about 5 seconds to get a good shot like in BF2 PR?

Hopefully not! Arma 2 has a much better engine to make such unrealistic features unnecessary.

I miss your highlights reels

we gonna be getting one soon?

Oh also, I wanted to know if we get to Q-Spot in this game (I saw a picture of that comma rose or w/e it's called in the first thread).

Can I spam Q-Spot on the radio?

"ENEMY BOAT SPOTTED! ENE-ENE-ENEMY INFAN-ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED!"

Will this have the system where you have to keep your gun still for about 5 seconds to get a good shot like in BF2 PR?

Marksman deployed and lmg deployed have 5 secs.

Sniper rifle 8 secs

Assault rifles 1.5 secs

Do better researchs first before you say all guns have 5 secs. thats bullshit.

And its a bf2 only feature to compensate engine limitations like no weapon sway.

Arma got this feature, so there will be no deviation i think.