Sign in to follow this  
craig.turner

Project Reality - WIP Discussion

No such thing as 'playing correctly'.

People play however they want, something that makes the series so great is the ability for it to be played so many different ways, to think that there is a correct or incorrect way and then trying to suggest someone is doing it wrong is ignorant and ridiculous.

this.

For sure..i don't like people "forcing" their POV..because i doing it myself

and i DON'T need competition :D

BUT..i have to admit all those years i rarely saw "teamwork" in public PvP

games.

So..maybe we 'll have to lower our voices a bit-and see what this mod has

to offer.

..and for SURE Correctly isn't 10-20-30 ppl scattered at the map/camping

Maybe..we 'll see something different at the end of road.

Edited by GiorgyGR

BUT..i have to admit all those years i rarely saw "teamwork" in public PvP

games.

..and for SURE isn't 10-20-30 ppl scattered at the map/camping

#1 - You must have been in the wrong servers for years. Every single time I get on a server I find teamwork. You probably think of teamwork as everybody in one tight little cluster, leaving at the same time, etc. etc. That isn't the only form. Teamwork, to me, is heading into the AO with a friend or two, getting engaged and linking up with other small groups, and then, getting pinned down and overrun by enemy armor for 5 minutes until a pilot braving heavy SAM and AAA fire manages to fly in, 20 meters off the ground, and blow the bastards up after you desperately called for air support of VON. Once you hear the cheers of 7 random strangers after some random pubber comes in and saves all their asses just in the nick of time, you realize, THAT is teamwork.

#2 - 10 or 20 or 30 people scattered across the map might actually be teamwork, as defined on that particular server. Maybe they are all scattered across the map hitting different targets for the same goal. Isn't that teamwork?

"Correct" is obviously not the right term to use, since the definition of "correct" is different for everybody. It is however an opinion, which is fine, and nobody is forcing anything on anybody. Don't get wound up about it, there are worse things in life than this ;).

I've heard good stuff from the people that were on the developers weekend. Too bad I couldn't make it, otherwise I would've been there for sure. It's good to hear that people not playing ArmA on a regular basis - or at all - were very pleased with what they saw.

The "PR feel", if I may call it that, has been transferred succesfully to ArmA II variant of PR.

Good stuff, keep it coming I'd say :).

guys are you talking about 0.95 for BF2?

Oh yeah, was it a good weekend, I'm sure it was, Its pretty cool you work at the amour centre by the way. I'd love to work at Hendon or the IWM.

Edited by Bigpickle

No such thing as 'playing correctly'.

People play however they want,

Exactly right, we are just bringing "one" type of gameplay to add to the number of others out there ........ adding more choice quite simply.

I'm sure I spied this thread months ago when it all got out of hand, 79 pages on and the squabble continues! Keep up the top-work PR team.

UK_Force;1767795']Exactly right' date=' we are just bringing "one" type of gameplay to add to the number of others out there ........ adding more choice quite simply.[/quote']

And I think a very important one for this game. I been reading on this forum that PvP people lack good missions + this might also help unorganized people to randomly join a game and get better cooperation than on todays open servers.

This will not compete, this will add.

I think the correct ways to play a game are the ones that are fun...

Fixed that for you.

^ agreed, love PR but i can live without the fanboys....

If you call me a fanboy because i was badly disapointed of my previous Arma2 PvP expericences while i play regulary at PR and notice that theres more people playing online on a single MOD then a whole game...

I can live with that :p

stay on topic please ...

You added nothing to the statement.

Perhaps. But the statement didn't really say much in the first place...

PR Mastiff Update

Just a Mini Update really to show the progress on our Mastiff which is about a month into its Development so far - so still very WIP.

REAL Mastiff:

th_real.jpg

PR Mastiff replicated from above to show likeness:

th_lookalike.jpg

Side:

th_Mside.jpg

th_Mside2.jpg

Front Right

th_Mfrount1.jpg

Just impressive, again. And its WIP only...........

Question:

How much of BF2:PR will\can (due engine\license issues) be ported to A2:PR?

Wow, just wow, im guessing it just the interior that need modelling/whatever? Because that looks dam near perfect outside

Wow, just wow, im guessing it just the interior that need modelling/whatever? Because that looks dam near perfect outside

No there is still the whole right side to do, ie caging, and the top of it all yet if you look closely.

UK_Force;1768721']No there is still the whole right side to do' date=' ie caging, and the top of it all yet if you look closely.

.[/quote']

ah yes you tricked me with your camera angles.

Well at least they will hopefully bring a way to play this game that will actually be acceptable to a relatively large number of players compared to other player vs player game modes, so that the community can actually enjoy PvP in a large scale. So far the best I've seen for Arma 2 was Berzerk, but gameplay-wise it was still pretty much a "spawn in a zone and run to the next zone to capture it" kind of game, and you all know how long that lasted.

You will have to wait a couple months after it's actually released to see if they pulled it off or not. All the "they will be absolutely aweseome" and "they will fail for sure!" comments seem to me like fanboy/anti-fanboy comments respectively and are absolutely meaningless. Judge the game after you've played it, not before.

Looks very nice. Im wondering will we be able to pick up enemy weapons and use them?

If you look at realism then every soldier can use an enemy weapon but not neccessarily operate it. Maybe only special forces folk can operate certain types of enemy weapon [such as launchers] or would it be restricted to how a weapon is used? For example if you don't press the right buttons a weapon won't fire [i expect most people know what a trigger does though].

Whats the PR stance to this?