Sign in to follow this  
craig.turner

Project Reality - WIP Discussion

What Squad size will PR have in Arma2? 6 in one Squad like BF2 or more?

AFAIK 6 in BF2 is an engine limitation and nothing else. I'd expect much more interesting options in PR A2.

Hopefully it will depend on the forces in use, although I assume a standard will be set. AFAIK the standard UK Infantry section is 8 men, US 9/10 men, and the USMC, 13.

Lol, Dunehunter is one crazy Bas*ard XD

Anyways, good luck with the mod guys! (downloading PR 0.917 naow)

(downloading PR 0.917 naow)

I would wait until v0.955 - in a week, as its a major 3gb update.

Hope you guys have a good time this weekend getting pissed and playing on the simulators. Preferably both at the same time. :)

I haven't played any of the .9 releases, I should dust off BF2, and try one...

Does developer team have any plans about Russian faction in ARMA 2:PR ? Can we expect anything ?

As UK_Force said several times, the mod will be open to community factions in the future as with PR-BF2 which has great Russian stuff. :)

Well thats me AFK for the weekend :D

I am sure I will have a sore head come Sunday afternoon, if not something did not go right.

I am sure the lads will be blogging away as events unfold (which is a little worrying ..... you may even see some video footage of us playing the Beta we have, as its all installed & ready ;) )

Have a good weekend :)

Greets from VLAN (120 grown men drinking and gaming) in Norway !

How does the gear system work? Can we pick up single objects such as ammo, grenades, or weapons?

sorry if this has alreay been asked, i was looking on the website it says bf2 required for pr so will arma2 pr require bf2 aswell?

can i assume correctly that the oct 15 release ois for bf2? not arma

Uk force,

I love PR. What makes me love it is that when I join a squad, i would say 8/10 they are using ingame voip, and we are trying to do our objective.

Arma has so much potential, but to date, I have never joined a server, and found that people are using the ingame voip effectively, or at all, and even if they are, they dont seem intent on following the mission.

If you can get PR teamplay in an arma universe, you have the holy grail. Do you think you have made progress on that?

thanks,

Uk force,

I love PR. What makes me love it is that when I join a squad, i would say 8/10 they are using ingame voip, and we are trying to do our objective.

Arma has so much potential, but to date, I have never joined a server, and found that people are using the ingame voip effectively, or at all, and even if they are, they dont seem intent on following the mission.

If you can get PR teamplay in an arma universe, you have the holy grail. Do you think you have made progress on that?

thanks,

I think the only reason people don't really try to work as a team in vanilla ArmA 2 is that the gamemode types (domination, evolution, all that crap) don't really promote it. A very focused player vs player gamemode does, however.

The Dev Weekend is now over (Sore Head indeed), just need to catch up on everything and will update in here too.

PR: ArmA2 - Beta went down well overall.

see ... there is always at least 1 reason to welcome new mod and learn things from ;)

worthless if people do not share the knowledge.....we will see.

PS: I downloaded PR 0.95 now I have to wait 4 days? :(

Project Reality v0.95 Preload

Notice the bit i highlighted ;)

Myke;1767140']worthless if people do not share the knowledge.....we will see.

The "knowledge" they will bring here is HOW to play the game correctly. That pretty significant.

The "knowledge" they will bring here is HOW to play the game correctly. That pretty significant.

Wow... You are one pompous, stuck up fanboy. This community has been "playing correctly" for 10 years. If you think that the PR way is correct, or better, or whatever, stick to BF2 or the PR community, don't try to force your view on this community.

^ agreed, love PR but i can live without the fanboys....

No such thing as 'playing correctly'.

People play however they want, something that makes the series so great is the ability for it to be played so many different ways, to think that there is a correct or incorrect way and then trying to suggest someone is doing it wrong is ignorant and ridiculous.