Sign in to follow this  
craig.turner

Project Reality - WIP Discussion

UK_Force;1759759']pr_mainmenu_controls_thumb.jpg

Wait, is this really possible? I haven't seen any other mods modify the controls menu. Even ACE still uses an editable config file to set the keys.

Wait, is this really possible? I haven't seen any other mods modify the controls menu. Even ACE still uses an editable config file to set the keys.

Afaik this is possible since OFP. It's just that for whatever reason*, developers chose not to use it.

*(I understand not using it for gameplay changes, but keybinds? come on..)

see ... there is always at least 1 reason to welcome new mod and learn things from ;)

There are always things to learn about this engine, especially when you don’t have “connections†with the developers of the engine. But I agree, if “people†where more honest and gracious about what they learn from others, then no doubt everybody would get along much better :)

If anyone is still thinking of trying out our founder sister mod, or has questions still, we are just about to release one of our more "substantial" updates....v0.95.

It may give you some sort of insight into Project Reality.

More info is now available on our site

www.realitymod.com

If not, here is our Trailer for the latest PR: BF2 v0.95

g3uZpVWCZts

Well, i think this will be the reason i finally start playing online... especially for AAS, nice presentation.

me too. although someones gotta help me get started w/ PR heh

Impressive work on the BF2: PR.

In this new version the random ballistics will be fixed\improved\get rid off?

Slightly off topic question, but this new version of BF2: PR still just requires the base BF2 right? None of the expansions?

All the expansions are free in a patch:) and yes I think they are needed. BUT I'm not positive on that..

Booster packs are now free with the last patch, you don't need the Special Force expansion to play PR though. You just have to install Bf2, the last update and last but not the least DL the full mod "no patch this time" once it's released. :)

Booster packs are now free with the last patch, you don't need the Special Force expansion to play PR though. You

We had a private agreement with DICE some time ago to be allowed to take what we wanted from the SF Pack and bring it into PR direct, hence no requirement for the player to have the SF Pack.

So yes - BF2 patched up with the latest PR Mod.

If anything it will give you all a feel for the sort of gameplay we inted to bring into PR: ArmA2.

I will warn you though, it may take some time to get used to. Its a million years away from BF2 these days.

I cant wait, I bet the DEV's feel the freedom from the ArmA engine :) compared to BF2 engine.

Anyone interested in installing BF2 to play PR:BF2 you'll have to get patch 1.41 and the 1.5 patch for BF2 before installing the PR setup exe.

I cant wait, I bet the DEV's feel the freedom from the ArmA engine :) compared to BF2 engine.

To be honest, its a mixed feeling for us all.

In one way, the sense of working with such a restrictive engine, and getting it to do things that is nearly impossible - is a motivator, and keeps the team driving forward and pushing it to its limits, [R-DEV]dbazo our main coder has managed to do amazing things with the engine over the years.

On the other hand, the chance to work with a very Mod friendly engine like ArmA2, is again a challenge to see what new things can be done that maybe have not been done before.

So really they both have pros and cons for Developers.

Yeah fair one, the PR team certainly took the BF2 engine to new heights.

I think you can do the same with this engine, and I'm betting that when your mod is released it will grow into the best & most popular conversion mod for ArmA.

So I have every faith in the PR Teams dedication, I don't think there's any other Dev team put as much money and effort into the resources as PR, PR went to Bovington Tank Museum if I'm not mistaken to record directly the real sounds of vehicles, then onto some ranges too. Mate that's good drills on the effort, and it will show in the mod, and people will love it.

PR went to Bovington Tank Museum if I'm not mistaken to record directly the real sounds of vehicles, then onto some ranges too. Mate that's good drills on the effort, and it will show in the mod, and people will love it.

Well it wasn't the Tank Museum, it was the Armour Centre itself, where I work so I arranged for a weeks worth of recording for the Sound Engineers of all the current British Armour we have, including Live firing on Lulworth ranges.

I also run yearly get togethers for the Dev team too, so we can get to know each other, with funnily enough one happening this weekend that I am arranging - 2010 Dev Meet up.

This one will be in Lulworth (AFV Gunnery School), so apart from drinking beer, having a good old LAN with VBS2 / PR: ArmA2 Beta / PR: BF2 etc, I can also let them climb all over the armour, and get them in the CR2 Simulators etc.

We have Devs from all around Europe turning up for it too, its a great thing, as we get to meet in real life and have a beer or three, which helps a lot.

I have created a Blog all ready, which I am sure during the weekend will be full of "crazy", drunken pictures of the team :rolleyes:

See link:

Edited by Craig.Turner

UK_Force;1763172'].. is again a challenge to see what new things can be done that maybe have not been done before..

Yup..from 1st "look" i don't think anyone created a mod that lets

you walk in helo's deck

(correct me if i 'm mistaken..)

I m really excited waiting for this mod,and i m sure that there are

dozens of more surprises-like the 1st i mentioned.

Can you share if the mod will allow us to "real time" load a Light vehicle to a airplane?