Sign in to follow this  
craig.turner

Project Reality - WIP Discussion

Ah..does anyone noticed that in the end of the video soldiers actually walk insight of the chopper? Its pretty amazing dont you think?

Because of this i got a question - will it be possible to shoot from the vehicles?

It looks very great - dont get me wrong I'm looking forward to it.

But I haven't seen anything really new here.

Some things looks like Ace 2, others like AAS played on Servers like Basecamp and Missions Played on Charlie Foxtrot...

But if we get a complete great package I think I'll play it ;)

It looks very great - dont get me wrong I'm looking forward to it.

But I haven't seen anything really new here.

Some things looks like Ace 2, others like AAS played on Servers like Basecamp and Missions Played on Charlie Foxtrot...

But if we get a complete great package I think I'll play it ;)

AAS and the com rose in ace are comming from bf2 or pr.bf2, dont forget that.

Those features for pr arma are taken from PR i would say, because they work there since a few years....

But the key is to get those things working with teamwork forcing gameplay elements and restrictions.

You see whats happend when you dont get them in, just loook at most of the current pvp servers.

AAS for example:

current arma version is the old bf2 version, project reality fixed this gamemode over years to make it more teamwork needed and better balanced.

a few examples:

- no direct flag spawns (buildable firebases rallypoints and stuff instead)

- connected flags to cap sectors not only one flag after one

- wide areas between sectors, smaller between sector flags

And i hope pr gets rid of most unnecessary hud elements like those kill reports and name tags on distance (only squadmates should be highlighted somehow)

Edited by Pain0815

Because of this i got a question - will it be possible to shoot from the vehicles?

Alot of things are being explored in the creation of PR:ArmA. This is only the start, there are alot more things planned for later on down the road ;)

AAS and the com rose in ace are comming from bf2 or pr.bf2, dont forget that.

PR did not invent/create AAS. You've got your head where the sun don't shine if you believe that. I liked the PR version of the gamemode back when i played BF2, but they didn't create the base gamemode, neither did BF2.

PR did not invent/create AAS. You've got your head where the sun don't shine if you believe that. I liked the PR version of the gamemode back when i played BF2, but they didn't create the base gamemode, neither did BF2.

thank you.

Oh well sure. :) I think the Romans popularized team v. team deathmatch a couple thousand years ago!

Even though I'm a fellow Hoosier, I didn't recognize the "Thank you" as "I agree."

S'all good, though.

Now that was fun. I remember getting stoned to death by 4 clanmates who came out of an alley. they nailed me, their friend popped our landrover (i think it was british anyways) with an RPG and all hell broke loose.

The Orginal AAS Gamemode comes from Joint Operations ^^

Cool videos, it looks really promising :cool:

The Orginal AAS Gamemode comes from Joint Operations ^^

Damn i've enjoyed many hours in that game until novalogic screwed it up and the cheaters finished it off :(

AAS is not a PR made game mode, you are right. But they definitely have put their own spin on it in these last few years, along with the Insurgent game mode, and my personal favourite, CnC..............:D

For AAS-style gameplay, the actual implementation makes all the difference between something silly and something fun and tactical.

One Question: Is it still possible to get 0.1 this year?

Everything is possible. Heck, it's possible that there are several universes tied together in one big "Multi-Verse".

It will be out when its out. :D

For AAS-style gameplay, the actual implementation makes all the difference between something silly and something fun and tactical.

Well said.

I know that noone can compare arma aas against arma pr aas but those features are changing the whole gameplay.

And for those who dont believe that i suggest compare the original bf2 (conquest) vs the bf2.PR aas, just to see how the gameplay and teamwork changed.

I dont like bf2 vanilla too but pr isnt bf2 anymore...