Sign in to follow this  
craig.turner

Project Reality - WIP Discussion

- Portacabin

To compliment the FOB, we are working on a portacabin static, something you will always see inside FOBs of this scale, and another addition to our objects pack:

portacabin_2_thumb.jpg portacabin_5_thumb.jpg portacabin_4_thumb.jpg

- Updated UI

Work as ever continues on improving our UI. Here's some information on our latest work.

Project Reality Main Menu concept

We now have a fully working proof of concept of the main menu. While there is nothing wrong with the original per se, we felt a unique main menu would fit Project Reality's image much better.

Project Reality Main Menu warning

Project Reality introduces two new key assignments: A Player menu (default: T key) and the Interaction menu (default: Left Windows key). These controls are critical for the gameplay, hence why we implemented a warning screen to alert players who do not have the keys assigned. This can be done easily in the new Project Reality controls category in the Controls options.

Project Reality Controls

Within the Interaction Menu we have now added a dedicated section for the Project Reality Controls to keep things organised and simple for the player.

pr_mainmenu_thumb.jpg pr_mainmenu_error_thumb.jpg pr_mainmenu_controls_thumb.jpg

- Become a PR Developer or Contributor

The Project Reality Team are still actively recruiting talent! If you would like to be a part of an established development team, with some experienced developers and many more contributors, or you have a skillset within ArmA2 and would like to help out, please don't hesitate to contact any of the team, or email [R-DEV]UK_Force. Whatever your skill, let us know. We are always recruiting.

So thats it for September, we still have so much to show you all and still a lot of work. Every month something else is being reworked, tweaked or improved, and that may delay us even further. What we can promise you though is that the wait should be worth it. Thanks once again for reading this Highlights Reel and supporting Project Reality as a community. Until the next time.....

- The Project Reality Team

OMG!!! This is soo good im speechless, too much for one man to take this early in the morning lol

Brilliant job lads

This IS Project Reality !........ on steroids !!

Edited by LEEROY_UK

Looks great.

Is there any information on Server requirements, regarding configs settings and flexibility with all difficulty settings.

Counter Insurgency Overview, this game mod looks great.

Like the merlin where you can open the back door.

Thanks for the infos.

Looks nice, though I'm a bit worried about the forward spawns. I hope there are effective counters to them and that it would be possible to destroy them without first spawn camping everyone that respawn there until their respawn time is high enough for you to advance?

Overall one of the main things I really hope I won't see in PR is having me respawn near enemies or have enemies respawn near me. Hopefully you manage to make it so players never really respawn closer than 500-1000m away from their nearest enemy and never inside their enemy's direct line of sight (nor behind an object that is in their enemy's direct line of sight), as those kinds of respawns really ruin the PvP experience IMO. At least for me.

Have you already done something to avoid the above? If so, what?

They have already done a system for that in the BF2 version, where the rally point or forward outpost is 'overrun' when there is an enemy within a certain distance of it and you can't spawn in on it. Also with the BF2 version it is possible to destroy the FO's. So hopefully we will see that in this version too.

Stunning, you guys had me hooked with BF2, but this is something else. I cant wait. :)

I really hope PR-A2 will include a CTI mode where players game against AI.

Hopefully the definition of "overrun" will be adjusted for the combat zones we'll have in Arma 2, then. If you look at stuff like current public (vanilla) AAS for Arma 2 you'll see that due to their definition of "overrun" you still often spawn inside the combat zone while it is under fire.

Anyway I can see how this can work, hopefully it will ;)

ZOMG, this is gonna be intense!

Looks better than I expected. Hope it brings the PR Gameplay to another level!

That super F.O.B looks like a labyrinth though. How will I ever find my way out? o_O

Ahh you guys got some sweet stuff going on there.

looking forward to this mod.

keep up the good work

That super F.O.B looks like a labyrinth though. How will I ever find my way out? o_O

C4. Make your own exit :p

C4. Make your own exit :p

Special Forces style! Just blast your way through anything..

I love the PR command circle. Finally stuff is gonna be easier to control and manage :)

And the fact that you're using ingame Options menu for the key changing is also nice and easily usable. Oh and great work with the sounds as well.

I'm really liking what I see so far. Keep it up guys!

Ive just seen new AAS videos on armaholic and I have to say it got my interest. Im looking forward to this.

Impressive.

My only grip is about the weapons sounds effects. They don't meet the quality of the rest.

Maybe get a look at the JSRS MOD.

Regards,

TB

The sounds are still a WIP. Everyone is taking great care in creating the best content they can.

Impressive work! What I like the most is the new User Interface Graphics, simple, clean and easy to use. Thats what BIS games needed from the start.