Sign in to follow this  
craig.turner

Project Reality - WIP Discussion

your 'drama' does not really belong overhere....you can mention it once but don't come back with the whole soap on a forum where this is not really appreciated.

PM a moderator/placebo and keep the rest off the forums, especially PM's.

It's their thread, I feel that raising this issue into the public's awareness was completely appropriate.

I think that modders should have the option whether or not to work with someone like LooseBruce. In a teamwork based environment built on volunteerism and trust, I think it's very important issues like this are outed so the same doesn't happen to someone else down the road without their prior knowledge that it is a possibility. I think that you work and behaviour should credited or debited. If I was in the business of ripping off modders, silence after the fact is exactly what I would want out of them. I think that part of being apart of the community and supporting Addon Makers, in what is essentially a hostile environment in terms of IP rights, means that you ought to report stuff like this. It gives other content authors and creative people in the community options.

Edited by Max Power

I think that modders should have the option whether or not to work with someone like LooseBruce. In a teamwork based environment built on volunteerism and trust, I think it's very important issues like this are outed so the same doesn't happen to someone else down the road without their prior knowledge that it is a possibility. I think that you work and behaviour should credited or debited. If I was in the business of ripping off modders, silence after the fact is exactly what I would want out of them. I think that part of being apart of the community and supporting Addon Makers, in what is essentially a hostile environment in terms of IP rights, means that you ought to report stuff like this. It gives other content authors and creative people in the community options.

Exactly. Nail on the head, sir. Mod teams are voluntary, and quite frankly, a strong team will only come from trust, no matter what the aim. Modding is no different, and is inheritantly more so reliant on this fact. Short, medium or long term, this sort of action does no one or no team any favours, and only leads to people who can make up their own minds questioning someone's integrity, realiability and trustworthiness.

I must thank the community who have commented, and no doubt those who haven't for understanding our view. It's appreciated. It's sad to see that this sort of behaviour still happens, even with the majority of their peers not wishing it to. However, it's not the first issue we've had to deal with, and will probably not be the last. In terms of libel, no one from the team has claimed anything other than what has been backed up with fact and evidence. Please understand that, and I can give you a personal assurance that no team member would be unprofessional enough to act otherwise. We pride ourselves on the professionalism of individuals, which in turn reflects on the group when recruiting. Unfortunately we made a bad call; but it goes to show that we're all human ;)

As a mod team through and through, we would genuinely hate to see any other mod team (no matter what the engine), have to face this sort of issue. It truly is not what the whole basis of the community is founded on. There is however minimimal disruption in terms of momentum from the team to get a 0.1 build out to you guys. I have to say that the responses here thus far have raised my opinion of the community as a whole as a recent member. Thank you.

Edited by Gaz_pr
spelling

So...... a question about the mod: In the initial release there will be maps\missions\gamemodes with which factions? Brit and insurgents only or we can expect USMC\US ARMY\CDF(those will ever be used? They are cool)\whatever ?

And I saw the video back then and those friendlys and helpful GUIs and stuff is something that the whole BIS series lacks. Good job in that.

Anyway back on topic and just to show we are carrying on as normal:

This really shows the "depth" of PR, and that although we have the main work going on as always, with the important stuff, we still have time and manpower to work on the smaller things that to us matter, and add to the overall package:

Small update really, but a few new things to show.

New Shovel for FOB and Defence Building:

th_beautyrender3.jpg

th_beautyrender.jpg

We decided to give the Opfor a "cheaper" version:

th_opfor.jpg

Small Mastiff Update, close up shot:

th_MastiffTest5.jpg

Teamspeak 3 PR Skin:

th_talking.jpg

Continued ............

Edited by Craig.Turner

Also some Containers, ammo boxes and Insurgent Ammo Caches:

th_contfinsihed.jpg

th_armaboxes.jpg

th_supply-crate.jpg

th_supplycrate.jpg

th_spgbox1.jpg

Edited by Craig.Turner

I have held myself from commenting directly on this incident till now, although i have noted it.

I personally think that the way it was handled was the right thing to do. I for once am more than happy to put a name onto the persons around here who rip/re-release and in general piss down other ppl work, just because they can.

I am sure he won't be the last to do it, and i know for a fact that it's not the only or the first one either.

All big mod teams are assaulted with question, requests, as well as people trying to get on the board as team testers or advisors just so they can get their hands on the files. I have seen these types while working for ACE, i will probably see more in the future, no matter what engine we talking about.

Having them exposed directly like uk_force did is only beneficial for this community. Nothing more nothing less. There was no drama in his posts, in fact it was very informative, and nothing more.

I hope you guys get over this hiccup as fast as possible. Good Luck

Perfect for that shovel recce anim we made.... :o

Edited by Gaz_pr

I have held myself from commenting directly on this incident till now, although i have noted it.

I personally think that the way it was handled was the right thing to do. I for once am more than happy to put a name onto the persons around here who rip/re-release and in general piss down other ppl work, just because they can.

I am sure he won't be the last to do it, and i know for a fact that it's not the only or the first one either.

All big mod teams are assaulted with question, requests, as well as people trying to get on the board as team testers or advisors just so they can get their hands on the files. I have seen these types while working for ACE, i will probably see more in the future, no matter what engine we talking about.

Having them exposed directly like uk_force did is only beneficial for this community. Nothing more nothing less. There was no drama in his posts, in fact it was very informative, and nothing more.

I hope you guys get over this hiccup as fast as possible. Good Luck

I could not agree more

The sad thing is (and i'm assuming i'm welcome to join in here, since the stuffs been posted) that I (a P:UKF Dev) was the chap that LB contacted over MSN (in incident #2) with his offer of the PR mod. He was asking around for "one of the UKF guys" and got directed to me, then proceeded to offer me PRs stuff. I don't know for sure, but I think he planned to ingratiate himself with us by playing off a perceived 'rivalry' - a shame for him that he not only misjudged our character, but misjudged the nature our relationship with PR, which is in actual fact, one of mutual respect.

His stated reason, for anyone interested, was 'so we could check if PR had stolen UKF stuff', something which is about as likely (sadly) as me dating Kate Beckinsale. DISCLAIMER: He was talking out of his arse. I didn't want to accept a mod I shouldn't have, so I asked for pictures of the allegedly stolen stuff, rather than take the mod on sheer hearsay. Unsurprisingly, after effectively calling his bluff, he instantly went offline on MSN and was not seen again.

A few hours later, he was leaking videos in this thread and trying to hand the stuff out to his squad. Apparently, he was really very concerned about 'stolen work'. :rolleyes: Irony?

Anyway, point being that what people are saying about being open is entirely correct; here is a guy who not only is handing out videos and mods, but thought he could ingratiate himself with another mod team by playing one off against the other. I think it's perfectly sensible to warn other modders about a bad apple like this, because that to my mind is actually much worse than someone joining a mod team and making off with the addons. Here is a guy who, having been kicked out of one mod, has already shown his willingness to buzz around different mods trying to cozy up by offering "rival" products. So, i'd say it's entirely correct to warn others, if nothing more than to act as a headsup to other mod teams.

---------- Post added at 11:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 PM ----------

Ontopic, will there be an "MFV with Entrenching Tool" action? :D

UK_Force;1748731']Small update really' date=' but a few new things to show.[/quote']

All looking very good. Especially pleased to see you're integrating with TS3 (where Mumble was VOIP du jour for PR:BF2), for me that illustrates you're aware of where ArmA players are at rather than trying to do a square-peg round-hole number on them.

MFV is the only way of course.

A pack of wipes and a long walk will complete the picture too :)

Mind you I usually ditch the shovel myself, and do as the locals do when in those areas ....lol.

UK_Force;1748767']

Mind you I usually ditch the shovel myself' date=' and do as the locals do when in those areas ....lol.[/quote']

Seriously, this is why I don't call you any more...

It's very admirable to see the community react to this dickhead how they have, and I look forward to seeing him get his just desserts. I could not have chosen a better community to get involved in. I just wanted to say thanks to all who've put a giant titanium wall in front of him, and the best of luck to the PR team. Those pictures look awesome (and so did the leaked video but... c'est la vie). :D

As was forgotten in the last page:

So...... a question about the mod: In the initial release there will be maps\missions\gamemodes with which factions? Brit and insurgents only or we can expect USMC\US ARMY\CDF(those will ever be used? They are cool)\whatever ?

And I saw the video back then and those friendlys and helpful GUIs and stuff is something that the whole BIS series lacks. Good job in that.

Nice pictures here, left me wondering about the logistics in the mod. Maybe the same as BF2:PR...or more depth.... Anyway is better than just have things appearing from nowhere.

If i were you I would expect to be seeing be expecting to see real world armies from vanilla arma 2, and just two new factions for now, british and insurgents. Plus maps of course. But I am sure UK_Force can give you a better answer, or better yet, you can wait for the next highlight real :D

If i were you I would expect to be seeing be expecting to see real world armies from vanilla arma 2, and just two new factions for now, british and insurgents.

Well, BF2:PR have\had the Middle East Coalition... damm I love those CDF units :pet5:

Better wait for an answer, anyway gonna be good.

No... BF2 had the MEC. It was a faction in the vanilla game. Although PR did add some units/models/features IIRC.

After our initial release we are looking at "Community Faction" Based factions.

Pretty much like the BF2 way we run now.

Applications & proposals will be taken on our forums and a design put together, the faction team leader will then be given access to the Community Faction forums to work on the project with assistance from the PR Team where required etc, etc.

Re: the leaked PR "tapes"..

for some reason or other the word "wumwuts" comes to mind.... :eek:

and now..back to our regularly scheduled conversations...:rolleyes:

:p

UK_Force;1749030']After our initial release we are looking at "Community Faction" Based factions.

Pretty much like the BF2 way we run now.

Applications & proposals will be taken on our forums and a design put together' date=' the faction team leader will then be given access to the Community Faction forums to work on the project with assistance from the PR Team where required etc, etc.

.[/quote']

Good to know!

Sad news about the 'leak'. Still looking like your going strong and powering through, the crates look fantastic, love the open one, anyways, best of luck once again.