Sign in to follow this  
craig.turner

Project Reality - WIP Discussion

Most anticipated mod of the year...hands down. I hope it brings the game to a new level like ACE2 did.

What Bruce did to you guys was incredibly callous and as much as it broke the NDA I doubt you guys would want to take legal action against him. I just hope you can take solace in the fact that his actions will likely exile him from any mod teams in the future. Still, you guys are doing a great job and I look forward to the release of PR:ARMA2

Incident 3 from Loosebruce

Have found out earlier today that loosebruce decided to try and leak our Material to his clan (Which have since kicked him)

ie a PRLite version !!

Hi

Bruce the Clan Leader of MAG Which we decided to kick out of the clan since this issue occured last week , We dont want to be involved in this at all even though we were in his clan . He Also told us to download the Leaked PR Vehicles He Leaked (dont worry we didnt)

Here a Link to it

@Prlite.7z

Once Again we dont want to do anything with this as MAG

On downloading it - it appears he has indeed stolen our work, and indeed some of which belong to PR Developers that are professional 3d modelers in the industry.

Which included 4 of our Vehicle models, and our Main Core.

Edited by Craig.Turner

Chill guys, it's still a first release.... You know... highly anticipated games tend to disappoint... so keep the expectations to a low level....

Thats exactly what us R-CON's and Devs like to hear FPDR

Lol. No matter what you set your expectations too, you will be pleased when you get hands on.

I know I won't be watching the leaked video and I won't chase up this file. I hope everyone else does the same. I'm sorry the team has to put up with his actions. In my opinion he should be removed from all ARMA based websites.

I know I won't be watching the leaked video and I won't chase up this file. I hope everyone else does the same. I'm sorry the team has to put up with his actions. In my opinion he should be removed from all ARMA based websites.

Agree 150% ;)

It's a shame to have such a false guy in this greate community!

I dont understand why drag this out into the public? Especially if you are going to take legal action. Libel is also a punishible crime you know. Don't get me wrong, Im not defending this guy, but I dont see why you are doing this.

I believe it is called "getting ahead of the curve."

The video was out, the files were out, etc. Even though they were not widely known, it was important to make everyone aware of their true nature to prevent greater problems. Particularly with the dev files - people may have mistaken them for "release" versions, when they are not. That's not good.

Plus, truth is good. :) People deserve to know the truth about stuff. Which is also convenient in the libel/slander department, as it is the best defense. ;)

My silly remark was not against you but towards the PR guy uk force ;)

lol, why so - I just want the community to be aware of this, and if you think stealing work from others prior to release is being a drama queen - then you clearly do not value your own work, or do not understand how a Mod Team work ?

Well its not the first time in modding and it sadly won't be the last time.

The main focus should be still on developing and improving the mod. Don't get distracted or headless over such incidents. Don't promote the leaker as someone who has the ability to delay or stop what you are enjoying.

Move on and show us something. ;)

Personally i think "outing theives" is the way to go. Too many incidents are just hidden away and other people get ripped off by the same people over and over again.

Out the thief and you are at least warning others. It may prevent other from suffering the same fate.

I'm having great trouble trying to work out what Loosebruce's motivation was to behave in such a selfish and absurd way. Did he honestly think anybody would thank him for doing this? All he has achieved is to make an utter fool and pariah of himself. One has to ask if he behaves in such a manner in real life with absolutely no morals or consideration for other people? He's going to be a very lonely individual if that's the case.

To the PR team, best of luck getting this frustrating and unnecessary situation corrected and I look forward with great anticipation to your mods official release.

UK_Force;1748575']lol' date=' why so - I just want the community to be aware of this, and if you think stealing work from others prior to release is being a drama queen - then you clearly do not value your own work, or do not understand how a Mod Team work ?

.[/quote']

your 'drama' does not really belong overhere....you can mention it once but don't come back with the whole soap on a forum where this is not really appreciated.

PM a moderator/placebo and keep the rest off the forums, especially PM's.

Its not just one idiot, you forgot those idiots who think things should be released just so they don't have to wait for it.

So you tell me an idiot or what? (If you refer to the Videos they wanted show us)

what a drama-queen.... :rolleyes:

Really? So you're saying that you would be quite happy to have worked hard on a project for months to then see it stolen from you? I doubt that very much.

Chill guys. Force is just keeping everyone informed as to what all is going on. I would be willing to bet that if he had said nothing, everyone would be posting up and calling him out.

Lets just chill out a bit. Let him keep you informed as to what is going on. Keep watching the forums for the next news update. And lets all please try to be civil.

Cant wait for it because I really want to know more about this mod.

Oh and this stealing is happening in almost every community and really sad.

But please dont let you distract from this guy, that's not worth it.

sommergemüsse; u must like PvP. I have seen you multiple times on the Basecamp AAS server. ^^

But please dont let you distract from this guy, that's not worth it.

Don't worry, we're still hard at work :)

your 'drama' does not really belong overhere....you can mention it once but don't come back with the whole soap on a forum where this is not really appreciated.

PM a moderator/placebo and keep the rest off the forums, especially PM's.

Listen, you can't spell Drama without ArmA.

With that said, what UKF done is the correct decision. By doing so it ensured that the work that those guys have been doing for MONTHS was not given away out of spite. If anything this "drama" you off handedly refer to has shown me one thing. There are elements in this community who do good things, and it certainly helps to reaffirm my faith in the general population of the ArmA player-base. He attempted to give away the mod files, he got reported. He attempted to use his very limited background on the inner working of the mod to push his clan forward, they rejected him. Good things, by good people.

Lets not be so harsh and fast to jump in and judge then eh? If it was your mod I would expect nothing less. And I can bet what HAS been put on these forums is a bare minimum sent out on a need to know, to ensure that people are kept abreast of the situation, and can help to protect the mod by reporting any further attempts at a breach. The good deeds done in reaction by the community has done more to reaffirm the position of the BIS forums in my eyes that a hundred other threads here have, so for the guys involved in protecting the integrity of the ArmA modding community, thanks!

Edited by Jeepo

sommergemüsse; u must like PvP. I have seen you multiple times on the Basecamp AAS server. ^^

Of course I play on AGW as well :)

PVP is win!